Harsin: Firing Williams couldn't wait

WFE12

37 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

So then shouldn't it be on the coaches for still trotting him out there or calling those downfield passes despite knowing that Bo doesn't excel at those? Maybe call short passes to move the ball. Take what your personnel can give you. Don't force him to do something he's not good at.

Absolutely. That is why he was pulled this weekend. I am not sure the argument you are trying to make here.

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

"Our WRs aren't making Big Plays"

We'll when our QB ranks 13 of 16 QBs behind Vandy/UT QBs....that's why

Those two things are not mutually exclusive. You can have a QB who struggles, and also have a group of WRs who are not doing their job either. I would say that is exactly the situation we have. Bo has missed open guys and WRs have dropped passes right in the numbers.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Again, there must be more to the story than we will probably ever know.

I will never believe anything different.  There is more. Not saying it was anything off-field or the freaded insubordi.....word....but there is more to his firing than just the play of the WRS. Had to be a difference of opinion on coaching philosophies, techniques, something.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

That doesn't mean he is salty. He doesn't work for Auburn anymore, so why would he have anything auburn related on his personal page. I am sure Auburn doesn't have his stuff on their page. Let the man be.

Exactly what I said, I follow multiple coaches who have bounced around and don't take off anything. Hell, I would be proud to say I coached at Au even if I was canned. I am letting the man be, it's called an observation.

2 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Why are people having such an issue grasping this concept. I mentioned this happening after the Alabama st game, happened again in the PSU game then got worse in the GSU game. This is a responsibility that solely falls on the position coach.

The fact you wrote this on that particular post is gold

3 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Or maybe he doesn't think the center is part of the offense? :)

Someone commented on it saying something like, it's less than 11 because I don't count the OL as players.

16 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I will never believe anything different.  There is more. Not saying it was anything off-field or the freaded insubordi.....word....but there is more to his firing than just the play of the WRS. Had to be a difference of opinion on coaching philosophies, techniques, something.

Sure it can be JUST the play of the WRs. Ofc, to play that position you have to know the plays, know where you are to be on the field, where you are suppose to go based on how they are taught to read the D, and also know when they are to go in based on the offensive packages they have practiced.

Harsin has been talking about issues with this group since FALL Practice.

He has had issues with this group continuing into the season.

He wanted improvement, and mistakes minimized or eliminated.

It didn't happen. Coach is fired. Why? Because their mistakes are a reflection of their preparedness which comes from their position coach and his teachings.

Why does it have to be more than that? He is an Offensive minded coach. He knows what he expects from the QB, the WRs,  the RBs, especially since he knows the passing attack he is teaching.

Maybe the problem you are having is the fact he FIRED the coach and not just put him in a corner desk job somewhere. Some CEOs, managers, HCs, etc simply want a person removed from their inner circle bc of how it could be detrimental or a distraction.

Harsin just may be that kind of coach. 

Edited by steeleagle
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's just hilarious the lengths some will go. So now just saying something is good enough. The fact that nobody can come up with actually plays isn't a cause for a question. 

Half of you literally don't know. And just because it calls to question Harsin you're doing all you can to justify. 

It's amazing the simple concepts that are ignored. Just like that was done for that other coach. 

I can't wait to reflect on this lol

Your posts crack me up haha

13 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Sure it can be JUST the play of the WRs. Ofc, to play that position you have to know the plays, know where you are to be on the field, where you are suppose to go based on how they are taught to read the D, and also know when they are to go in based on the offensive packages they have practiced.

Harsin has been talking about issues with this group since FALL Practice.

He has had issues with this group continuing into the season.

He wanted improvement, and mistakes minimized or eliminated.

It didn't happen. Coach is fired. Why? Because their mistakes are a reflection of their preparedness which comes from their position coach and his teachings.

Why does it have to be more than that? He is an Offensive minded coach. He knows what he expects from the QB, the WRs,  the RBs, especially since he knows the passing attack he is teaching.

Maybe the problem you are having is the fact he FIRED the coach and not just put him in a corner desk job somewhere. Some CEOs, managers, HCs, etc simply want a person removed from their inner circle bc of how it could be detrimental or a distraction.

Harsin just may be that kind of coach.

So a few things here. First, you insist I have a problem with him firing Cwill. I absolutely do not. IT is his program and I support any move he chooses to make until he gives me reason not to.

You won't find a single post of me complaining about him firing CWill or saying he should have fired others if he fired Cwill. What you will see is me giving my opinion on the reason that he fired him and weighing out different scenarios. 

I don't even disagree with the things you mentioned. Of course it could be the reason. I just speculate that there is more to it giving all the circumstances. That doesn't mean I don't support the move and even if it was purely made based off the play of the WRS I still support it.  That's my opinion and probably will continue to be and that is all good and well.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Exactly what I said, I follow multiple coaches who have bounced around and don't take off anything. Hell, I would be proud to say I coached at Au even if I was canned. I am letting the man be, it's called an observation.

it's a silly assumption and mischaracterization. Just because you would do something doesn't mean everyone else would follow. 

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So a few things here. First, you insist I have a problem with him firing Cwill. I absolutely do not. IT is his program and I support any move he chooses to make until he gives me reason not to.

You won't find a single post of me complaining about him firing CWill or saying he should have fired others if he fired Cwill. What you will see is me giving my opinion on the reason that he fired him and weighing out different scenarios. 

I don't even disagree with the things you mentioned. Of course it could be the reason. I just speculate that there is more to it giving all the circumstances. That doesn't mean I don't support the move and even if it was purely made based off the play of the WRS I still support it.  That's my opinion and probably will continue to be and that is all good and well.  

your right. You were not saying it was wrong to fire CWill, after I went back and reread my response.:slapfh:

I got too involved in my own reasoning, and I should have just made my comments regarding the 'got to be more to it' comments you made...

I get carried away sometimes...

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

your right. You were not saying it was wrong to fire CWill, after I went back and reread my response.:slapfh:

I got too involved in my own reasoning, and I should have just made my comments regarding the 'got to be more to it' comments you made...

I get carried away sometimes...

No worries, friend. Happens to us all. I often get taken wrong because I insert myself into a lot of topics and I may not necessarily be taken a certain stance as I may be applying logic to a stance taken by someone else. 

11 hours ago, W.E.D said:

"He’ll be taking over a wide receiver position that has struggled to produce big plays "

So you just post random things that you don't agree with or do you agree with this?

I could continue to explain it, the same way as before, but you just don’t seem to be getting it? Possibly an intelligence thing, or just being stubborn? I’m not sure.

Whatever void you have in your life, I don’t know if a social media sports board is going to fill it. Possibly, consider trying something else?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I could continue to explain it, the same way as before, but you just don’t seem to be getting it? Possibly an intelligence thing, or just being stubborn? I’m not sure.

Whatever void you have in your life, I don’t know if a social media sports board is going to fill it. Possibly, consider trying something else?

Bless your heart. Attack and deflect. That's when you know you've lost 

Edited by W.E.D

Just now, W.E.D said:

Bless your heart. Attack and deflect. That's when you know you've lost 

For your sake, certainly not for mine. There is always fishing, golf, investing, exercising, gardening maybe try something else?

10 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I don’t think it is an intelligence thing at all. It seems by your post you are probably very intelligent.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

For your sake, certainly not for mine. There is always fishing, golf, investing, exercising, gardening maybe try something else?

So you post an argument and haven't made an effort to explain it.

Either you agree with the writer or you don't.  Which is it?

How exactly are WR expected to make big plays when our QB is ay literally the lowest level of downfield accuracy??

At least make an attempt to use your own words and thoughts.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 12:39 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

Those two things are not mutually exclusive. You can have a QB who struggles, and also have a group of WRs who are not doing their job either. I would say that is exactly the situation we have. Bo has missed open guys and WRs have dropped passes right in the numbers.

As far as big (explosive) plays have there been drops? Only one I remember off the top of my head is Jackson tripping over his feet and that was only a 15-20 yard play

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

As far as big (explosive) plays have there been drops? Only one I remember off the top of my head is Jackson tripping over his feet and that was only a 15-20 yard play

There were a few 50/50 type deep balls vs AL St and we didn't catch any. 

That's as close to a drop any WR has made over 20 yds

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

There were a few 50/50 type deep balls vs AL St and we didn't catch any. 

That's as close to a drop any WR has made over 20 yds

That's what I was thinking, so his overall point I agree with him but that particular stat that both of you were referencing as far as the big play that's not a mutual thing I don't think

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's what I was thinking, so his overall point I agree with him but that particular stat that both of you were referencing as far as the big play that's not a mutual thing I don't think

Yeah. Are the WRs struggling in certain aspects? Yes.

Are they struggling getting open deep and making long/big plays? No. They are open. The QBs aren't making good passes...at all

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1