Who Starts at QB this week?

W.E.D

Who Starts at QB this week? (not who you want to start)  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Bo Nix or TJ Finley, who takes the 1st snap of the game???

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2021 at 12:25 AM

10 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Please no!

I have no reason to but I have a bad feeling they're going to switch QBs every drive for the first 4 or so and then go with who is better.

3 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Maybe getting benched lit a fire under Bo and he’s a different QB tonight. We will see 

It better have if he wants to continue as the starter. 

On 9/30/2021 at 9:10 PM, MaxCohen216 said:

I think Harsin and Bobo recruited Finley because they saw deficiencies in Bo, and thought Finley would be a better QB in the long run.  But Finley is still in the "short run" phase, and will have to be given time to develop.  I don't think Harsin wants to start that somewhat long journey against Finley's former team at 8:00 on a Saturday night in Death Valley.

So, I think Bo will start, taking pressure off Finley.  I think Bo will falter (as usual in big games on the road), and Finley will come in and play better than Bo.  Then Finley will be QB1 from here on out, and Bo will transfer to UCF at season's end.

And I will not be disappointed.  Bo is a great guy, a great teammate, but just an average QB.  And that's all he'll ever be.  Goodbye Bo at season's end.  IMHO.  Thanks for the good times, which were few.

I know, I know, I know.  Finley has not proven to be better than Bo, yet.  But we need "better than Bo".  And Finley at least give us a chance to be "better than Bo".

Or something like that.

What would really be a stunner..Harsin starting DD. How would that shake all the preparation done by LSU? Just wishful thinking on my part.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Not defending one way or the other b/c I don’t care who plays as long as they are the best option and I pray Harsin knows that better than any message board posters…

but the first couple games Bo did throw some very nice deeper pass if I remember correctly. I do believe his shoulder got banged up at PSU and he hasn’t been the same since. If he start I’m gonna trust that Harsin has a clue what he’s doing. 
also starting Finley in this scenario could actually destroy his future confidence if it goes bad and he has to be pulled. 
It doesn’t have to a black a white decision (either qb x starts or we all lose faith in a first year coach…)

My thoughts exactly. I don’t have any reason not to trust this staff so not gonna panic yet 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
11 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

How does the OM OL compare to ours?

AU ranks 6th in sacks allowed before today. OM ranks 63

8 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

AU ranks 6th in sacks allowed before today. OM ranks 63

Sooooo, ours is better?

Dude already has a short leash plus rumors of him being injured with his shoulder. Just start TJ. But everybody should’ve seen this coming 

• Like 3

If you have two QBs, you have none. I guess we will see how this plays out. Good reason for me to not get my hopes high (Reverse Jinx).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Disappointed. Of course, I am gonna get behind Bo and cheer like hell for him. Need to take some deep shots. That being said, I hope he has a very short leash as well

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Bo will start. JMHO 

Nathan King said he will but TJ will play early too.

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I really think this is the right move.  This takes the pressure off TJ coming off the bench and hopefully Bo has learned he better step up his game or he will be on the bench again.  

45 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Maybe getting benched lit a fire under Bo and he’s a different QB tonight. We will see 

Wouldn't matter if his shoulder is also injured, as I suspect it is. They need to just roll with TJ this week and then figure out the rest of the season from there

1 minute ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Wouldn't matter if his shoulder is also injured, as I suspect it is. They need to just roll with TJ this week and then figure out the rest of the season from there

For sure..if his shoulder limits him tonight, I hope that Harsin notices and adjusts earlier than later.

• Like 1

Said a few days ago that I thought TJ playing was less about Bo and more about sending a message to the team that he wouldn’t tolerate poor play, and that not even a 2 year starter was unbenchable. Seems like that was the case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, au701948 said:

For sure..if his shoulder limits him tonight, I hope that Harsin notices and adjusts earlier than later.

Surely he would have noticed all week if the shoulder was hurt.

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

I have no reason to but I have a bad feeling they're going to switch QBs every drive for the first 4 or so and then go with who is better.

They might

7 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Surely he would have noticed all week if the shoulder was hurt.

They didn't seem to notice last week... He's been hurt since the beginning drive at Penn St.