Auburn 24 LSU 19 | Post Game Thread

Maverick.AU

9 hours ago, DAG said:

Auburn won, Mario loss, Lane loss, Gus loss, LSU loss, ND loss. I am happy. WDE

lets not forget liberty spanked the auburn hating coach named bill in the ham and did it first game in their new stadium. i hate pulling against uab but i cannot stand their head coach. the fact an ex auburn player lit him up makes it even sweeter.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Guest MustardSeed
10 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The credit for this win goes to Bo Nix.

Biggest question after the game....  What idiot thought it was a good idea to try for an onside kick coming out of halftime?

My bad. I phoned that one in. Never thought they’d actually go for it :slapfh:

15 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

What idiot thought it was a good idea to try for an onside kick coming out of halftime?

The same idiot that just coached his team to the first win in BR since 1999.  BTW, your beloved coach couldn't even beat a 0-3 Navy team.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

That 52% stat is a bit unfair.  We had 4-5 drops last night.  Catch em and he's around 60%.

just 4 or 5?   Tank had at least 2 ,  Hudson had 1-2,  Shenker dropped 3.   I am sure there are others.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

The same idiot that just coached his team to the first win in BR since 1999.  BTW, your beloved coach couldn't even beat a 0-3 Navy team.

That was a stupid call.  My coach and your coach is the same guy chief.  That doesn't mean that I have to pretend that that call was the right call.  it could  have really been bad if LSU had taken advantage.

Why do we do things like that coming out of the half?  At Penn State it was a big part of losing the game.  In this game, our defense had not been playing well enough to give LSU a short field.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Our OLine is porous. Our WRs don’t need to wear masks because they can’t catch anything. Our game planning is sub optimal. Our defense got stronger but was up against a one dimensional team.

must, MUST get better blocking from the TE. sometimes #47 gets pushed around. badly.

8 hours ago, Didba said:

Can I have what you are smoking?

you would probably want what i am smoking. i only get the good stuff.

5 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Pro tip: if you don’t like a poster don’t engage them. It’s literally that easy. There’s even an ignore function for it.

The constant back and forth with Cole is just so ******* annoying. I’ve never seen another poster on any other message board that rustles as much jimmies as he does. It’s comical.  And the cherry on top is that he’s just speaking his mind. 

No he actually called me out in the thread and kept at it. Even sent another thread my direction. That's not speaking his mind. I didn't have any issue until he mentioned me.. It's annoying and this is the first time for me. But he brought up something and dragged me into it because he feels he needs to be right all the time. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

No he actually called me out in the thread and kept at it. Even sent another thread my direction. That's not speaking his mind. I didn't have any issue until he mentioned me.. It's annoying and this is the first time for me. But he brought up something and dragged me into it because he feels he needs to be right all the time. 

So what actually happened is the 24 person accused me of wanting us to lose and then you replied it's quite pathetic implying you agree and you then went implying it later with the rest of them. 

After that I replied to you how what you say didn't really matter since you will make stuff up to be right as you are doing now and as you did in the other thread that you mentioned. And since you have nothing you go to I have to be right all the time. And here you are talking more when it was over

Those aren't subjective or opinions as I have screen shots and timestamps. They are facts. Then we went on from there, and of course when someone has a problem and if a person is upset why not jump in and pile on. That's what happened. I didn't call you out. I didn't quote you. You replied to me and that's nothing to argue about because there's proof.

But anyway I'm done with this guy and the rest I look forward to anybody that want to talk football as we normally do. If there are any questions from any mod I can send them the screenshots and if I made up ANYTHING I said I'll gladly log off this site as I believe integrity is important in a forum. Argue about whatever you want but you shouldn't be able to make stuff up out the blue. If you make an accusation you should be able to back up what you said with some form of substance

Thanks

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

That was a stupid call.  My coach and your coach is the same guy chief.  That doesn't mean that I have to pretend that that call was the right call.  it could  have really been bad if LSU had taken advantage.

Why do we do things like that coming out of the half?  At Penn State it was a big part of losing the game.  In this game, our defense had not been playing well enough to give LSU a short field.

Again, you must not watch the play.  The  PSU game Hudson dropped the football.  How does that have anything to do with coaching?  And don’t say it was a bad play call because even if it was questionable, he dropped the football.  
last night, not sure about the name, but number 0 gave up on trying to recover it.  Look at his expression after it goes out of bounds.  

And by the way, the best coach in the country did it in a national championship game that won him a national championship.   It’s a gamble.    Sometimes they work sometimes they don’t.  

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Again, you must not watch the play.  The  PSU game Hudson dropped the football.  How does that have anything to do with coaching?  And don’t say it was a bad play call because even if it was questionable, he dropped the football.  
last night, not sure about the name, but number 0 gave up on trying to recover it.  Look at his expression after it goes out of bounds.  

Here’s what the coach had to say. I was out of the room and didn’t see it and can’t find any videos. 

Mason was being roasted on here last night but he obviously makes good adjustments. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EastAl_Tiger said:

yeah well, all the players said the fade at the goal line worked like a charm in practice as well. I'm beginning to see a pattern

🤷🏻‍♂️Kinda like every play. It works or it doesn’t to varying degrees. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

So what actually happened is the 24 person accused me of wanting us to lose and then you replied it's quite pathetic implying you agree and you then went implying it later with the rest of them. 

After that I replied to you how what you say didn't really matter since you will make stuff up to be right as you are doing now and as you did in the other thread that you mentioned. And since you have nothing you go to I have to be right all the time. And here you are talking more when it was over

Those aren't subjective or opinions as I have screen shots and timestamps. They are facts. Then we went on from there, and of course when someone has a problem and if a person is upset why not jump in and pile on. That's what happened. I didn't call you out. I didn't quote you. You replied to me and that's nothing to argue about because there's proof.

But anyway I'm done with this guy and the rest I look forward to anybody that want to talk football as we normally do. If there are any questions from any mod I can send them the screenshots and if I made up ANYTHING I said I'll gladly log off this site as I believe integrity is important in a forum. Argue about whatever you want but you shouldn't be able to make stuff up out the blue. If you make an accusation you should be able to back up what you said with some form of substance

Thanks

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

6F7B6501-5E0F-43EC-901E-15122FFA05D6.gif

• Like 2

Ugh GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

6F7B6501-5E0F-43EC-901E-15122FFA05D6.gif

I'm done with that. I promise. I do think something should be looked into as far as completely making something up, but that's not my job. It just make the pile on stuff waay too powerful. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/oFu1yau7mjnUS6ys9

Ugh GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by cole256
  • Facepalm 3

16 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Mason was being roasted on here last night but he obviously makes good adjustments. 

Also

I said it once and I'll say it again.....why not any of those many plays on 4 th and 2???? When we have it 3 rd and 4 or less, we were damn near unstoppable. Because of that threat to run element

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

why not any of those many plays on 4 th and 2????

My same thoughts last night. I actually liked the play calls overall. Great second half all around and I have no problem with the on side kick.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Did you see the "so far"part? Apparently not. And don't tell me what I mean. I meant exactly what I said. You just didn't get it. 

😂yes ma’am

• Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Everybody noticed. And Bobo is not a novice. He should have known last week that LSU would try to stop the run.The passing game has been less than stellar so that wasn't a big mystery really.  Auburn cannot continue to come out and play like a middle school team for 2 quarters and expect to win again. No one is going to let Bo run loose in the same way after tonight. What worked tonight was lightening in a Bo Nix bottle. It's not a valid game plan for UGA for sure. They will curb stomp our O-line and Bo will be running for his life. 

Auburn has to come out and play like an SEC caliber team from the very first quarter until the bitter end. Flailing around like fish out of water and poor coaching decisions will cost us against better teams like it did against Penn State. 

Nothing has really changed except that Bo Nix has earned respect from people who dissed him for 3 years. The coaches have a lot of work to do before they get a pass....

Was was wrong with the offensive game plan?

I thought it was finally smart to use some RPOs with Bo, allowing him to open them up some with his nice runs.

They passed a ton to TEs, which are safe passes with continual ball movement for either 1st downs or good yardage to put us in manageable 3rd downs.

The drops by some WRs and even SHenker caused us to end some drives.

Bobo thought LSU would use 8 man front, which they did, and it was obvious we were not going to get chunk running yards until we could tire them some in the 2nd half or try to get positive yards passing.

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Thanks Titan. How people can't just be positive and happy after a 22 year streak against a rival was broken...

For sure!!! 

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I felt that if we finally scored that go ahead TD, LSU would be done. Once I saw we stayed in the same defensive look, I felt better. Afraid we would back off the line again and let the QB get in another rhythm.   Having said that, I would have been a bit more nervous if Boutte hadn't dropped that ball.

Especially after they tried to get him for targeting.  He was everywhere after that

For sure. That hit was face to face... just because their helmets touched. I think maybe they thought he launched when he jumped over another player to hit him but glad we didn't get flagged for that we needed him. Wooden and Leota had decent games as well. We're going to need them all next week. We can't let that qb sit back and have all day to throw the ball. Hope we have Owen as well!