Questions and Answers

Auhud08

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Just seems like expectations are unreasonable for Harsin (IMO).

I agree. We’ve been rolling out 5 loss seasons for a long time now. CBH goes 6-6 and is getting roasted as if he broke some type of 10 win season streak or something. We are all frustrated by the finish to this year, but I’m willing to give this staff a couple more years to turn it around and I believe they will. 

• Like 2

Just now, bigbird said:

That and a good portion, admittedly or not, want him to fail in order to make them feel better about their irrational support of our former coach. They want to be right more than they want Auburn to be good. It's weird.

If you are correct , it is weird. That is not supporting AU IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Thanks for this thread. IMO the OLine continues to be a significant issue - probably our biggest - and it is just as hit or miss as last year when it had LESS experience. The micro answer is acquiring an SEC caliber center to build around. Kim and Brahms gave 100% but neither improved after their sophomore seasons. Friend has an impressive resume - when he lands the talent.

and like the OP wrote, they did seem to improve but in the end, lack of innate talent shows through when the going gets tough. e.g. MSU, bamma.

the O-line was worked over pretty well in the latter parts of both games

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I agree. We’ve been rolling out 5 loss seasons for a long time now. CBH goes 6-6 and is getting roasted as if he broke some type of 10 win season streak or something. We are all frustrated by the finish to this year, but I’m willing to give this staff a couple more years to turn it around and I believe they will. 

I think it’s how we finished quite honestly. We are 6-6 sure, but we are on a 4 game losing streak and the optics don’t look good on the surface to many. Even rolling out 5 loss seasons as you say we aren’t used to losing streaks like this. 

• Like 1

Am I reading too much into it, or did Bo not sound to convincing that he was for sure gonna be back this year?? Maybe it was the pain meds but it sure wasn't the response I was expecting from him when he was talking on cbs before the start of the game

4 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I think it’s how we finished quite honestly. We are 6-6 sure, but we are on a 4 game losing streak and the optics don’t look good on the surface to many. Even rolling out 5 loss seasons as you say we aren’t used to losing streaks like this. 

Agree on those points.  Saban finished his first season at UAT with 4 straight losses too and I was all giddy about him being doomed to failure. But a first season is only a first season. It’s important not to overreact to the optics. The 6-2 start counts too. We need to win the bowl game and close strong in recruiting. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

That and a good portion, admittedly or not, want him to fail in order to make them feel better about their irrational support of our former coach. They want to be right more than they want Auburn to be good. It's weird.

Name one poster here that wants Harsin to fail. A link to where someone said that would be nice.

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

If you are correct , it is weird. That is not supporting AU IMO.

You are correct. The poster you were responding to is incorrect.

19 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

Am I reading too much into it, or did Bo not sound to convincing that he was for sure gonna be back this year?? Maybe it was the pain meds but it sure wasn't the response I was expecting from him when he was talking on cbs before the start of the game

it was weird that's for sure. why even bring any doubt into it.  see how things play out? 

53 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Name one poster here that wants Harsin to fail. A link to where someone said that would be nice.

Let me try...

1. Mikey

Mighty defensive. I wonder why that is, anyone else wanna take a guess?

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You are correct. The poster you were responding to is incorrect.

Yeah and Bill Taylor was an offensive lineman that provided depth. 

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Let me try...

1. Mikey

I’m not sure if it is the same as “wants him to fail”, but many posters are acting like he already has, wo giving him a chance or “true” AU fan support.

33 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yeah and Bill Taylor was an offensive lineman that provided depth. 

I like Mikey, but this will never get old.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, oracle79 said:

No QB. No O-line. Very sporadic receivers. Pappoe out. Undersized D-line. Undersized slower LB'ers. An inability of offensive staff to understand clock management, when to snap the ball running play clock down, throwing when you should be running clock, etc. And still should have beaten the #3 team in the nation. Recruit, develop, and ingrain your culture. It's gonna be painful and longer than you think due to our inflated previous recruiting rankings, bad roster management/retention, and lack of development/football knowledge. But, it will happen.

Now back to your previously scheduled b!@$+ and moan session.

Mic drop!!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Should we have tried the 2pt conversion after the 1st score. All hindsight. All dumb questions

I don't think this is a dumb question at all. We definitely should have gone for two at this point.

Nothing else makes any sense. By not doing so we agreed to match our red zone offense

up against Bama's. Not a good idea.

I think our offense had maybe (150-160) total yards for the entire game.

Our defense at this point was gassed, probably already played (80) snaps.

Our backup quarterback was struggling on an injured ankle.

Our oline could not run block and was struggling in pass protection. (6 sacks and 15 TFL)

We had a great two point play in our arsenal (throw back to TE) used later.

Going for two after the first TD was our last best chance to win.

I cannot understand why we didn't do it. It was our last best chance.

6 hours ago, Mcbowen327 said:

I thought it a  " Are you gonna try the NFL or not" question.

I can't imagine him transferring, but stranger things happen, especially to us.

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Let me try...

1. Mikey

Still waiting for the link to a post where I or anyone else here said they want Harsin to fail. Don't bother looking, in spite of what you said there isn't one.

I'm assuming you were an Auburn student at some point. You should be able to discern the difference between these two statements:

1) The odds are that, like most programs, AU will go through a number of coaches before we hit on one who has long term success.

2) I hope Harsin fails.

If determining the difference between the two is too intellectually demanding of you, try getting a pencil and piece of paper and writing the statements down. Maybe some 5th grader will read it back to you and that will help you see the difference.

12 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I like Mikey, but this will never get old.

It loses its appeal when it's put into context. Taylor was one of 18 scholarship O-linemen listed. Instead of manning up and eating a little crow, some people had to single Taylor out in an effort to hide their embarrassment. If it was me I'd let it die. I guess some like self-flagellation.