Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

2 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

I hear what you are saying, but how does anyone know that high football IQ was the theme?

It's nonsense spin. Not a sole here knows if our guys have high football IQs

38 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No we don’t, but we do know that Harsin puts a high value on that, as he brings it up from time to time.

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Correct, the bottoms of everyone's feet have no idea and I don't think we have any fish on here.

However there are a bunch of members on here that can probably confirm that  football IQ was not important with our last low IQ football coach.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, metafour said:

J.J Pegues is apparently considering leaving. Lee Hunter too, but Hunter isn't one to really worry about losing.

I'd give 5-1 odds that IF JJP enters the portal he ends up at UCF with Gus or Ole Miss with Lane. 

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I'd give 5-1 odds that IF JJP enters the portal he ends up at UCF with Gus or Ole Miss with Lane. 

Ole Miss is already talking about him as a possible addition.

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, metafour said:

J.J Pegues is apparently considering leaving. Lee Hunter too, but Hunter isn't one to really worry about losing.

Any news on a DL coach?

7 hours ago, metafour said:

Ole Miss is already talking about him as a possible addition.

Remember when Kiffin posted him being in Auburn? I wouldn't put it past him to trying recruiting a kid not even in the portal. He can't have my Mississippi Pegasus!

9 hours ago, metafour said:

We need a DL coach in here quickly 

11 hours ago, metafour said:

Are you saying Hunter is not living up to expectations?

Think I remember reading an opinion or two that Hunter was a bad fit for this staffs scheme. Was pretty shocked at his frame during the spring game. Figured he'd need a few years, so I'm not surprised. Pegues on the other hand will hurt badly if it happens

14 players have entered the portal.

That's some massive turnover for year two

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Think I remember reading an opinion or two that Hunter was a bad fit for this staffs scheme. Was pretty shocked at his frame during the spring game. Figured he'd need a few years, so I'm not surprised. Pegues on the other hand will hurt badly if it happens

Will Pegues leaving really hurt that bad? Sure he is a good athlete and I think that’s the allure of him. Does he fit masons defense ? He’s a freak , but just hasn’t made much of a difference 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, metafour said:

Hunters gone . JJ not far behind . 

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Will Pegues leaving really hurt that bad? Sure he is a good athlete and I think that’s the allure of him. Does he fit masons defense ? He’s a freak , but just hasn’t made much of a difference 

He played a LOT of snaps by the end of the season. He was firmly in the playing rotation. Pretty impressive for a guy who was converted earlier that year and who a lot of people said was a waste to move away from his extremely limited blocking HB/TE role. He would absolutely be a loss because not only does he have obvious promise/upside, but he was also in the playing rotation.

• Like 6

So a 6'5 athletic big bodied DT isn't a fit for Mason's scheme and a 6' athletic DT Also isn't a fit for his scheme???

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, metafour said:

He played a LOT of snaps by the end of the season. He was firmly in the playing rotation. Pretty impressive for a guy who was converted earlier that year and who a lot of people said was a waste to move away from his extremely limited blocking HB/TE role. He would absolutely be a loss because not only does he have obvious promise/upside, but he was also in the playing rotation.

With the Oregon DT and the juco DL. Would he still have stayed as prominent in the rotation? No doubt he made improvements. 

1 minute ago, woodford said:

Nothing to see here folks 

If we had more than 2-3 portal transfers in, I think I'd be more OK with the 2nd massive exodus from our program. 

If it wasn't for our 6th year guys I'd be terrified to see what one scholarship numbers are.

Covid caused a one year delay in the reset of this program. The reset is happening so expect more turnover as players can now do whatever they want if the wind changes. Unfortunately it’s college football now. Hate seeing Hunter leave. 

• Like 1