Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

7 hours ago, Taco said:

I think we just need to understand we’re not getting a superstar coordinator. Just hope they can recruit a little better than Bobo and not call fades in the end zone with a QB that can’t throw it and an undersized receiver. 

Or a 4&1 seam route to the tight end. 

Maybe a fourth and one long pass, on the road, with our second string quarterback.

• Haha 2

Guest MustardSeed
6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah, my problems with Harsin are demonstrable and based on what happened in a game. You're freaking out over internet rumors of who CBH might be possibly considering for OC. Bit of a difference. If you're going to demand positivity, then certainly you shouldn't get upset over something you can't even verify is happening. 

No one demanded positivity at all times 😂. Good grief man. Try discussing the topic instead of attacking someone for no reason. And for the record, we can verify that Hill was the guy and we couldn’t get him and we can verify that no one has been hired and we are one week from early signing day. From that alone it’s quite easy to make some accurate assumptions like Hill was the guy and a #2 wasn't lined up and ready. 😂Don’t bother responding and expecting a response. I’m not gonna argue with you just so you can have someone to argue with.  If you want to actually discuss the merits of what I said then I’ll be happy to discuss ✌️

10 hours ago, Taco said:

It’ll be incredible if it also gets added with “Harsin will be calling the plays” 

At some point, this just has to be a bad dream right?

It really seems to me that at a lot of programs around the country, the offensive coordinator is more of a shield or stop gap to be fired when heat is put on a coach. At least at programs where the coach is calling the plays rather than the OC but who knows. 

7 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Pitt's OC Mark Whipple just resigned. Pitt won the ACC Title at 11-2 and his QB Kenny Pickett is a finalist for Heisman saturday. He was an OC at Miami and other schools, has history in the NFL and was head coach at 2 colleges. He is 64 yrs old though but has been a good recruiter. His offense is very nice is any of you have watched them. I think he is worth calling because Narduzzi said he definately wanted Whipple to stay but he announced today he is resigning.

How long would it take for Whipple take to make a difference?  How long would he stay?  Most men retire at his age. 

Not saying it couldn't work, but what are the chances he's looking for a few years of making big $$$ for his nest egg?  

It is being reported by multiple outlets that Whipple is stepping away due to family health reason. Speculation is that it is due to his wife having cancer. Football scoop had him interviewing at Nebraska. I haven't did a deep dive to get to the bottom of it yet.

Why are so many down on the idea of Kenny Dillingham? Seems like a more than capable recruiter and an upgrade over Bobo in that department. Florida State doesn't have a QB like Bo Nix. Florida State opponents are gameplaning to stop the run and daring them to pass the ball. They are also a team that has a lot of holes despite decent recruiting rankings. Auburn of course is in the same situation. Also, Bo Nix may be endorsing Kenny. 

Mike Norvell and KD had plenty of top 10 offenses at Memphis. Mike trusts Kenny to call the plays. 

I wouldn't see this as a home run hire. However, it could end up being an upgrade of Zak Hill. Bringing someone in with a modern scheme and recruiting success in the SEC.  KD and Mike Norvell have had tons of success over the years running the football. Auburn's best bet next year and this one is to have a run first approach.

Zac Kittely with the Hilltoppers has a great air raid scheme but no experience in the SEC. Can he recruit? Can the Air Raid really beat George and Alabama? 

• Like 1

Vaccine mandate was delayed until January 18th last month anyways, this will all end up in SCOTUS with all the federal judges clearly stating Biden is overstepping his authority. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, WarEagle231 said:

Also, Bo Nix may be endorsing Kenny. 

That should be reason enough to not do it seeing as Bo has had his best statistical year with Mike Bobo. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

It is being reported by multiple outlets that Whipple is stepping away due to family health reason. Speculation is that it is due to his wife having cancer. Football scoop had him interviewing at Nebraska. I haven't did a deep dive to get to the bottom of it yet.

Saw that.  Not sure how moving to Nebraska works better for him.  Maybe he has family there...

17 minutes ago, WarEagle231 said:

Why are so many down on the idea of Kenny Dillingham? Seems like a more than capable recruiter and an upgrade over Bobo in that department. Florida State doesn't have a QB like Bo Nix. Florida State opponents are gameplaning to stop the run and daring them to pass the ball. They are also a team that has a lot of holes despite decent recruiting rankings. Auburn of course is in the same situation. Also, Bo Nix may be endorsing Kenny. 

Mike Norvell and KD had plenty of top 10 offenses at Memphis. Mike trusts Kenny to call the plays. 

I wouldn't see this as a home run hire. However, it could end up being an upgrade of Zak Hill. Bringing someone in with a modern scheme and recruiting success in the SEC.  KD and Mike Norvell have had tons of success over the years running the football. Auburn's best bet next year and this one is to have a run first approach.

Zac Kittely with the Hilltoppers has a great air raid scheme but no experience in the SEC. Can he recruit? Can the Air Raid really beat George and Alabama? 

I think the hang up on Dillingham is that he seems to have been hand held over the course of his OC-ing career. That's not to say he's incapable, but if you're going to take a shot on a top recruiter who's going to be calling plays for the time, you could probably get better results with a Dell McGee or Dameyune Craig type.

And you would have to imagine that if Harsin hires Dillingham, he's not hiring him to serve the same role while Harsin assumes the play calling role.

31 minutes ago, WarEagle231 said:

It'll be a while before we know, if ever.  He's the new OC at Texas Tech.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

Just don't understand why nothings happened yet. I expected him to just promote Kisseau. Last week thought maybe it was somebody coaching in a conference championship game, but now coordinators are getting hired daily. 

Articles about Dilly?! Did we miss on everyone?

All part of the master plan. 

13 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Seems like it is on back burner and concentrating on recruiting.

I think having an OC would help recruiting on the offensive side.  It would be hard to commit if you don't know who would be your coordinator and the type of offense that would be run.

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I think having an OC would help recruiting on the offensive side.  It would be hard to commit if you don't know who would be your coordinator and the type of offense that would be run.

I would agree normally, but Harsin has been very consistent in the type of offensive scheme he has used in every OC/HC stops in the past. Seems extremely reasonable to be able to use that as direct data for recruits to judge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, metafour said:

Furthermore, apart from Bobo's son, not a single offensive commitment we have is wavering. If there was some uncertainty about what offense we would be running, those commitments would have started looking elsewhere.

Do you feel like we hold onto Bobo's son?

8 minutes ago, metafour said:

Harsin is an offensive coach. Which means that he's selling HIS offensive vision. I don't understand why this is is hard to understand. It's his offense. They have actually made up ground on multiple offensive recruits (ie: Camden Brown, Darrius Clemons, Trevonte Citizen, Justin Williams) since the time Bobo has been fired. Furthermore, apart from Bobo's son, not a single offensive commitment we have is wavering. If there was some uncertainty about what offense we would be running, those commitments would have started looking elsewhere.

We plebs understand it. We also understand the negative recruiting at the same time. 

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I would agree normally, but Harsin has been very consistent in the type of offensive scheme he has used in every OC/HC stops in the past. Seems extremely reasonable to be able to use that as direct data for recruits to judge.

Bingo. That's the pitch. And the fact that we seemingly came really close on Hill should reinforce that. There are no meaningful schematic or philosophical changes coming anytime soon. 

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Do you feel like we hold onto Bobo's son?

He gives you that substance of a rebuttal and this is your response question? lol In the recruiting thread it has already been said he has been on campus.

• Haha 1

Bill Cameron was saying that Hill informed ASU that he was leaving, and he had been pulled off the recruiting trail. But now he’s back on the trail for them.

Could you imagine having the try to recruit a kid that thought you were leaving a week ago. Yikes😬

9 minutes ago, woodford said:

We plebs understand it. We also understand the negative recruiting at the same time. 

If next Wednesday occurs as I feel it shall, I will come looking for you 

Negative recruiting would go on no matter what. It's Auburn. It comes with the territory. Either accept it, pull up your big boy pants, and continue on and make something of it, or go and put your head in the sand and cry to mama.

You're about to find out, that Harsin is definitely a big boy

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

If next Wednesday occurs as I feel it shall, I will come looking for you 

Negative recruiting would go on no matter what. It's Auburn. It comes with the territory. Either accept it, pull up your big boy pants, and continue on and make something of it, or go and put your head in the sand and cry to mama.

You're about to find out, that Harsin is definitely a big boy

I have no more likes to give but I love this post so much.