Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

42 minutes ago, shabby said:

man, our OL......that is gonna be such a huge barrier to finding a quality QB

I want the QB who is gonna come in and recruit the o-lineman in for us

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shabby said:

man, our OL......that is gonna be such a huge barrier to finding a quality QB

Exactly. Ask Bo Nix or TJ what's like to play behind a poor OL.

Edited by Proud Tiger

8 hours ago, e808 said:

Idk just watched the Oregon vs UCLA replay. Looks similar to what he use to run. Zone read and quick passes. Those linemen aren’t very big. The only difference he doesn’t have the small quick twitch speedy guys like at Oregon.

Outside of center, they're over 300lbs. That was not the case previously I don't believe. They pounded teams with Charbonett and would hit the big play with their speed guys or the TE.

Edited by Randman5000

He's selecting some truly awful schools.  I get he's from out west, but dude spread your wings.  You're picking a 1-11, 5-7 and 3-9 team of us???

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He's selecting some truly awful schools.  I get he's from out west, but dude spread your wings.  You're picking a 1-11, 5-7 and 3-9 team of us???

Nebraska would be a weird choice the other two I could see just because west coast. But it is overall strange to have those three schools

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Nebraska would be a weird choice the other two I could see just because west coast. But it is overall strange to have those three schools

These are all really bad schools.

I know we're not Bama, but christ.  Nebraska?  They haven't been good in decades.

53 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

These are all really bad schools.

I know we're not Bama, but christ.  Nebraska?  They haven't been good in decades.

Hey now. Nebraska is the best 3-9 team out there!

But for real I think their losses have been from a combined 12 points or something like that. All of their loses have been razor thin margins.

2 minutes ago, wcware said:

I’m concerned about Oline and QB at the moment. This staff moves quietly and with patience. I on the other hand have no patience.

This! I wanna know who our QB will be next year and I wanna know now!!! 

36 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Max Johnson to Texas A M

I said something about this kid coming to Auburn and someone replied “we don’t need another lsu Qb”.  This kid is going to be really good.  Can be argued he’s the reason TJ left.

Rumor on another board is Bo Nix to OM to play for Lane. 

Which is odd for several reasons, starting with Kiffen moving a running QB to another position, and the pending recruitment of the latest Manning.....but that's the rumor. 

Edited by TigerHorn

1 hour ago, TigerHorn said:

Rumor on another board is Bo Nix to OM to play for Lane. 

Which is odd for several reasons, starting with Kiffen moving a running QB to another position, and the pending recruitment of the latest Manning.....but that's the rumor. 

I can believe it.   I heard  a soundbite before our game with them and it sounded like he really liked his game and how he could extend plays. 

Also, easy for his dad to attend games.

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Can be argued he’s the reason TJ left.

He was the reason. I respect TJ very much, but he is not a good quarterback. Put him behind this line and he is just bad. We needed him for when/if Bo got injured.. and he did. He is 0-2 at AU with 2 very winnable games. He looks just like the quarterback he was at LSU when we beat them by 30 last year. 
As for Bo going to Ole Miss, that would suck. I think we would have won the last two games with him as a quarterback. No I do not think he is a great QB, and he never really did amour to what I thought he was going to be, but he is much better than anyone on our roster at the moment. I also think Lane is a great QB coach and play caller. I think Lane can take an average QB and make him very very good. And their schedule is cake. I would hate to see that happen.

But back to the topic at hand, we need a quarterback.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I have a hard time believing that a guy playing QB for USC in Loss Angeles is gonna turn around and head to Nebraska of all places, bad fit and a bad team.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Didba said:

I have a hard time believing that a guy playing QB for USC in Loss Angeles is gonna turn around and head to Nebraska of all places, bad fit and a bad team.

He is from out west, I think he will probably stay out west. Do I want him here? Heck yes. 

14 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

He is from out west, I think he will probably stay out west. Do I want him here? Heck yes. 

I agree that a pacific coast school seems more likely then Nebraska or even an SEC school.

I’m in the minority on this one but I think we are ok at QB for next season. Will be a heck of a competition in the spring. Give me a good oline and we will be good

38 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Where is Calzada rumored to be leaning? He was dealing dimes against Bama. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if he found his way down to the Loveliest Village.

Bama game he was great for sure. But overall, he’s one of the most inaccurate SEC starters I’ve seen in a long time. Has a laser dart throw and softball throw and hasn’t yet figured out when or where to throw each. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

I’m in the minority on this one but I think we are ok at QB for next season. Will be a heck of a competition in the spring. Give me a good oline and we will be good

Let me know when you find one. 😀

• Haha 1