Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

6 minutes ago, TJRanger175 said:

I am not going to read all of these posts, since it is apparent most of them are either off topic or have a negative agenda.

Does anyone have any solid insight as to why Austin left, or are we resigned to the belief that Harsin is just a terrible coach who is not going to succeed?

Could a rational explanation like Austin  took time off from coaching because he wants to do something crazy (like save his marriage) be what’s really happening?

I have no clue what’s going on, but the emotional maturity displayed by about four or five of you is astounding.

Davis leaves for personal reasons, and according to some he doesn't have a wife or kids.

Cole Cubelic says AD has to take care of himself, so probably has some things going on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Art was a huge actor in a university wide r-pe culture. No one is ever hiring Art

edit: I guess you could be talking about Kendall. My bad if so 

I know that was the innuendo during the investigation but I thought the investigation cleared him?

• Haha 1

Briles is always going to have the Baylor scandal follow him and whatever program he is at.  He’s probably done coaching at  any major program because of that. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Briles is always going to have the Baylor scandal follow him and whatever program he is at.  He’s probably done coaching at  any major program because of that. 

He did ok as a high school coach. I don't think he's anywhere near the same coach he was.

52 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Davis leaves for personal reasons, and according to some he doesn't have a wife or kids.

Cole Cubelic says AD has to take care of himself, so probably has some things going on.

Yep Cole and Harsin's statements today make me think there may be some serious issues he's going through. If so, that is way more important than football, and I'm glad he stepped away now. Pray for him that he can get it all sorted out. Get the next guy in and move forward. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Thank you

1 hour ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

But that leaves the obvious question of how did he manage to function with the Seahawks for so long with these problems but can't last longer than a month at Auburn? 

7 minutes ago, nurbis said:

But that leaves the obvious question of how did he manage to function with the Seahawks for so long with these problems but can't last longer than a month at Auburn? 

Only he knows the answer and anything else after 34 pages is just more speculation.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, nurbis said:

Trying to be empathetic but sometimes a big change like a new job, a move, etc. can exacerbate or inflame other stressors that have been simmering under the surface from an ill relative, a romantic interest that doesn't want to move, background/drug check, issues with mental health, etc. etc. The list can be endless and people can be complex. It's most likely not as simple as he was fine in Seattle. Something he and maybe Harsin know and I respect his privacy, even though his privacy has been spread all over the internet and the court of public opinion. 

The situation is odd and I think most interviewers try to discern these nuances during the interview process; however, interviews are not perfect and people sometimes do not equate to their polished introduction. Plus, there are some things a person can't legally ask during an "official" interview. 

Because of the type of business, it's still a questionable look for Davis, Harsin, and AU. 

Edited by AU_Canoe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

Why are some of you so focused on the private issues that AD is dealing with? Are y'all really that nosey and pathetic? It's really none of your business. Let the man go take care of HIS business and we will hire his replacement!   

They just NEED to be able to blame something on Harsin. Apparently  Harsin destroyed the guy’s  family like he’s destroying AU. You know, that “need”.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, wcware said:

I didn’t know the number is 19. I agree that’s high but this is also just 1st maybe 2nd year of the transfer stuff. I think it will slow down when the new wears off

You can count 'em here, if you want to keep up. https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Season/2022-Football/TransferPortal/?institutionkey=24098

8 hours ago, GAAubie said:

Why are some of you so focused on the private issues that AD is dealing with? Are y'all really that nosey and pathetic? It's really none of your business. Let the man go take care of HIS business and we will hire his replacement!   

Amen and Halleluiah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   God forbid if someone looked into their private lives and wanted an explanation over the internet.  For the love of God just let the man walk away. He doesn't owe me you or anyone anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

It shouldn't matter as it isn't our business but he has been divorced for a few years now and doesn't have children yet.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GAAubie said:

Why are some of you so focused on the private issues that AD is dealing with?

1) That should be obvious. He's one in a string of guys who left quickly and without making vertical career moves. On top of the guys who were fired after less than a year. The interest in his personal life is only as it relates to whether it really is a him problem or a Harsin problem. 

2) He took a very public facing job for a very large amount of money and then quit after less than a week. Let's be real here. The speculation is normal and natural.

That said, yes, we can ask each other to fight that normal and natural impulse and be above it.

Personally, I won't care one way or the other unless he does take another coaching job fairly soon. That seems unlikely, though, because I doubt there are too many quality jobs out there at this point on the football calendar waiting for a guy with his resume. 

Hopefully he's the next Sark and he's got a bright future in the business ahead of him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TJRanger175 said:

I am not going to read all of these posts

The answers are here, but why should anyone answer you after you spent the next 8 sentences with some condescending holy attituded? 

9 hours ago, GAAubie said:

Yes.  Stupid fans.  Why do you care what happened. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes.  Stupid fans.  Why do you care what happened. 

Basically Auburn is taking L after L in every aspect of the game. And now we just had our OC walk out the door one week after we had our DC walk out the door. But, we fans don’t deserve to know why these things are happening. And quite frankly, it’s offensive that we would even expect answers.

What a clown show. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hilarious. Another situation people give the usual, he hates recruiting and time with kids. Find out he doesn't have kids, and then it's why does it even matter?? 😂😂😂

Just another example of a guy getting here and seeing how our program is made up and saying no thanks 🚫. Nothing is wrong though

Edited by cole256
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, GAAubie said:

So if you have posts going at any other player or coach in the past then you'd be a hypocrite right?

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So if you have posts going at any other player or coach in the past then you'd be a hypocrite right?

Kids are indentured servants to our program, Cole.  They don't get say

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Basically Auburn is taking L after L in every aspect of the game. And now we just had our OC walk out the door one week after we had our DC walk out the door. But, we fans don’t deserve to know why these things are happening. And quite frankly, it’s offensive that we would even expect answers.

What a clown show. 

Right, I don't get the indignant response form people, especially a guy coming in here demanding answers but lambasting people posting about the situation.

• Like 1