Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

@RunInRedwas that a drunk thread start that you thought twice about? Lol

I’ll re-open it in a couple days… Like it or not I think the writing is on the wall

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AU120289 said:

Our implosions are epic. Can’t wait to see what SEC Shorts does with this latest gem  Either outcome will be a pyrrhic for the perceived victor (PTB or Harsin).  Everyone lost once this was set in motion. Short term/reactionary thinking has not benefited the program. but this too shall pass. 

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the BOT meeting. 

Yep. The PTB will continue to run and ruin AU. 

Can anybody pinpoint where the unfair rumors started? Was it a message board? Seems like some sleuths could start to uncover the truth of who may have been behind this. 

11 minutes ago, provibe said:

If he hasn’t done anything wrong, then he should stay. If he has done something that he deserves to be fired, then he should be gone

Problem now is that future recruiting may be untenable after the IG live and player comments on social media. Even if he is totally innocent.

Wildest thing I've ever seen. 

34 minutes ago, Taco said:

I think the longer you let this simmer the worse it gets. 

But the firm I worked for also consulted for a Fortune 500 company where their PR responses to negative stories was to ignore and no comment on them.

I think you’re at a point where the most powerful folks at Auburn have clearly shown that bad PR is something they’re not averse to brother 

Just now, AUght2win said:

Problem now is that future recruiting may be untenable after the IG live and player comments on social media. Even if he is totally innocent.

Wildest thing I've ever seen. 

Hope everybody is good and happy that wanted him gone. Auburn can now go right out there and bring in a true winner of a coach that will be fine with being micromanaged by a group of filthy rich idiots with more money than brains. Said coach will be a recruiting wizard and have Auburn competing for a National Championship in 2 years. 

This is all sarcasm of course. I'm really beginning to loathe a portion of our fanbase.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I’m fine with Harsin staying if everything was bunk, but there’s def a lot of instances I see popping up of future recruits asking the guys that came before them and getting some glowingly negative feedback. Not saying there won’t also be positive thoughts, but negativity is always louder, as we know 

In that case, it was win-win for the boosters who wanted him gone. They either get it now or cripple the conditions around him 

59 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Crazy thought...maybe it didn't "all start" with bull**** rumors from the internet and it been something specific all along ?

See? What's more probable: water cooler talk leaking about what people know and have seen, or a diabolical black ops character attack made my these talentless dinosaur ptb's plotting long-plays from an hidden lair?

From the above referenced article:

Another person recalled one instance of a player texting Harsin to apologize for a poor performance in a game. The player asked for guidance on how he could improve. Harsin did not reply. Instead, he had the player’s position coach call the player to tell him he needed to leave the program, the person said

if this is true then Harsin is a sorry excuse for anhuman being. 

8 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Can anybody pinpoint where the unfair rumors started? Was it a message board? Seems like some sleuths could start to uncover the truth of who may have been behind this. 

Just a guess have no idea but it has been trickling out since before the season was over.. like a set up.. Harsin has a toxic work environment, Harsin alienates people, Harsin is mean, the panic about players leaving, and OMG Harsin had an affair.. and all the other wild allegations. I wish we wouldn’t do this.. it makes us look so stupid.. just write him a check and fire him. 

Just now, shabby said:

Another person recalled one instance of a player texting Harsin to apologize for a poor performance in a game. The player asked for guidance on how he could improve. Harsin did not reply. Instead, he had the player’s position coach call the player to tell him he needed to leave the program, the person said

Meh. This seems like bull crap

• Like 8

Doesn't really matter if its all true now.. if they are investigating and players and coaches are saying this stuff its a blackeye to the university and he will be fired or resign.. The end is near.. I may be wrong but that is dysfunctional..

23 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I’ll re-open it in a couple days… Like it or not I think the writing is on the wall

Seems like it’s all a matter of: for cause or not for cause.

At this point, my money is on - for cause.

23 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Good Lord people. What if they are not unfair rumors, what if they are true?

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Seems like it’s all a matter of: for cause or not for cause.

At this point, my money is on - for cause.

If its for cause they better have something concrete. His K is airtight.

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

If its for cause they better have something concrete. His K is airtight.

It’s OK, but maybe you don’t understand, I totally get the legalities when I say, for right now, my money is on - For Cause.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Meh. This seems like bull crap

Just out of curiosity, why does this seem like bull crap to you? I mean how many players and assistant coaches (that he hired) have left? Of course I could go on and on and list all the problems of the past season, but why in your mind does this seem like bull crap?

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

It’s OK, but maybe you don’t understand, I totally get the legalities when I say, for right now, my money is on - For Cause.

Rodger dodger

Edited by Didba

17 minutes ago, shabby said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahhaa

The sad thing is, whether if it’s true or not I 100% can believe this would/could/did happen. 

Edited by Taco

18 minutes ago, shabby said:

Now does that sound remotely true ? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Now does that sound remotely true ? 

There are some that are really trying their damnedest to spin any and every thing negatively...made up or true

• Like 4
  • Love 1