How Do We Investigate The "Power Brokers"

aucanucktiger

6 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Looking back, looks like you were a big part of the false allegations.

Wow, I really had no idea I wielded so much power at Auburn University and in the media. 

I guess that makes me the Auburn Shaman? 

Edited by AEAugirl

On 2/10/2022 at 8:42 PM, AEAugirl said:

From what I have read and seen…yes, I hope they fire him.  He’s a bad fit and IMO its delaying the inevitable. I really don’t care about what your opinion is, to be honest.  It doesn’t affect mine. 

Just because statements were made at certain times does not mean that things were not already happening, which is what metafour is saying.  Just because YOU knew about it Friday doesn’t mean things were “hastily thrown together” because I highly doubt Gouge is calling you to give you daily reports on the goings on inside Auburn’s program. 

I’m also not banging my head against the wall at all.  I have no control over anything but my opinions on it. What will be will be.  Auburn will survive, it always has and always will.  It may not be pretty for a while, but Auburn will always come back. 

I also don’t live in the fringe element of the fan base where you apparently matriculate where the big bad boosters are in a constant state of destroying Auburn or the REC is out murdering any adversaries of the University of Alabama. 

I’m just showing how ridiculous you sound.  

Right- you were wishing really hard that the crap being spewed about mistress, racism, etc was true. Look forward to your comments on zone vs disguised blitz packages, route trees, and creative use of tight ends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Wow, I really had no idea I wielded so much power at Auburn University and in the media. 

I guess that makes me the Auburn Shaman? 

Yes the AU president spoke about you and your kind in his statement when he referenced the unprecedented, unsubstantiated,  and uncalled for social media spectacle that put the man’s family through hell. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Right- you were wishing really hard that the crap being spewed about mistress, racism, etc was true. Look forward to your comments on zone vs disguised blitz packages, route trees, and creative use of tight ends.

Actually, I never thought much about the mistress stuff.  Try again. 

Newsflash:  Wishing he was fired and hoping salacious allegations are true are not the same thing.  And yes, I still think we should have fired him.  

You sound super bitter.  I’m sorry that an online forum to discuss the goings on in Auburn athletics has you in such a tizzy.  

Seek help. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

Actually, I never thought much about the mistress stuff.  Try again. 

Newsflash:  Wishing he was fired and hoping salacious allegations are true are not the same thing.  And yes, I still think we should have fired him.  

You sound super bitter.  I’m sorry that an online forum to discuss the goings on in Auburn athletics has you in such a tizzy.  

Seek help. 

Seek help? bitter?  Funny. I’m going skiing like I do most every day. The mountains say you’re insignificant. I will check in from time to time on this site to discuss game plans, strategy, and player attributes, if anyone still does that here.  Thinking you won’t be engaging in many of those discussions. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Seek help? bitter?  Funny. I’m going skiing like I do most every day. The mountains say you’re insignificant. I will check in from time to time on this site to discuss game plans, strategy, and player attributes, if anyone still does that here.  Thinking you won’t be engaging in many of those discussions. 

You do sound bitter though tbh. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Yet here you still are….not discussing anything of substance, but choosing to attack people while you hide behind an anonymous name. 

Bravo!  As Harsin would say, you win the day! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

You do sound bitter though tbh. 

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Yet here you still are….not discussing anything of substance, but choosing to attack people while you hide behind an anonymous name. 

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Not hiding behind anything-  if you can’t find people on the internets so sorry ain’t hard. Happy as can be and enjoying the thrashing about from those of you who had Harsin on death watch and just waiting for the hammer to fall. Pointing out with sarcasm missed by some that this board has looked like an episode of bitches bitching on the Bachelor instead of anything resembling a football coach’s long term body of work and philosophy, which I’m very interested to see play out in year two. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Not hiding behind anything-  if you can’t find people on the internets so sorry ain’t hard. Happy as can be and enjoying the thrashing about from those of you who had Harsin on death watch and just waiting for the hammer to fall. Pointing out with sarcasm missed by some that this board has looked like an episode of bitches bitching on the Bachelor instead of anything resembling a football coach’s long term body of work and philosophy, which I’m very interested to see play out in year two. 

Oh and I almost forgot- not discussing anything of substance? Scroll up and see where I challenged to discuss football specifics, vs all the stuff that sounds like an episode of a reality tv show- I think it’s called the Real Housewives and Stay Home Daddys of Auburn.

• Dislike 1

I would like to dedicate this next quote to Yella Fella, Justin Hokensen, Phildo Marshall, all the internet gangsters looking for podcast hits, everybody quoting their "sources"

Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

I have a question. Someone in one of the Auburn rooms in Facebook said Jimmy Ranes has said he would not donate ANY money to Auburn as long as Harsin is the coach. Is that true?

13 hours ago, Randy4AU said:

I have a question. Someone in one of the Auburn rooms in Facebook said Jimmy Ranes has said he would not donate ANY money to Auburn as long as Harsin is the coach. Is that true?

Here we go again…lol 

TBYP and read the freakin forum rules. 

Edited by creed

5 hours ago, Randy4AU said:

ESAD!!

DITTO 

On 2/13/2022 at 9:31 PM, Randy4AU said:

Hope it’s true. Would be great if all the money dried up. He’s a lame duck coach. This recruiting class is going to be dreadful.  

There should be an investigation about what lead to the investigation.  how many of these rumors and false allegations originated from the athletic department?  Was there coordination between boosters and AD employees in sabotaging another Athletic Department employee?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 2/10/2022 at 9:06 PM, aucanucktiger said:

You state the obvious. That's what STARTED it. What followed was one of the biggest public relations clusters and mismanaged info releases in the long history or college football internal investigations. 

What was the university supposed to do?  Hold a press conference and address every rumor or tweet?  They can't do that.  We have a football coach that doesn't work well with others.  That lends itself to people talking and rumors not being doubted, regardless of their nature.

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

There should be an investigation about what lead to the investigation.  how many of these rumors and false allegations originated from the athletic department?  Was there coordination between boosters and AD employees in sabotaging another Athletic Department employee?  

When people dislike someone that they work for, they won't protect them.  This isn't hard.  What would you propose?  Demanding to see a booster's private cell phone?  I don't see that happening.

What we had best do is to show appreciation for people that make it possible for Auburn to have nice things.  The alternative is to not have nice things and have no NIL presence.  That will make our football program look more like Mrs. State and Vandy and less like uga and bama.

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

When people dislike someone that they work for, they won't protect them.  This isn't hard.  What would you propose?  Demanding to see a booster's private cell phone?  I don't see that happening.

What we had best do is to show appreciation for people that make it possible for Auburn to have nice things.  The alternative is to not have nice things and have no NIL presence.  That will make our football program look more like Mrs. State and Vandy and less like uga and bama.

Come on, the most oBvious thIng you can’t do is ask for a boosters cell phone, for a zillion reasons.   However, using university property and time to sabotage the University is of great concern.  The University was damaged and so were several employees by actions from others.  If those were by university employees, the proper action needs to be taking place.  We all know that the Athletic Department was the source of information leaks, it would only be proper to figure out exactly what and who is involved.  

• Like 1

It would be a fun experiment for Auburn fans to just let it go for a day or two and then see if this really is a big deal outside of Lee County or if it's just a typical big dumb Auburn soap opera that is only kept alive... by Auburn fans.

I'm sure somebody wants to say, "But negative recruiting" to which I ask in response, "Um, does anyone think our rival coaches didn't already have more material than they could possibly use?"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I agree. Like why investigate a toxic environment with no leads or  just hearsay ? At least not to this existent where it ostracized your coach and make you feel foolish. And no Harsin Detractors this is not the equivalent to him not showing up to a junior day or whatever 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

On 2/12/2022 at 9:37 AM, WarEagleT said:

You sound... unemployed. Must be nice.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:17 PM, Mikey said:

First you have to name them and prove involvement. It doesn't appear that any "power brokers" had anything to do with this fiasco. Multi-millionaires would have handled the situation much, much better and AU would be hiring a new coach even as we speak.

I worked for and know several multi millionaires on my life. They are normally really good at one thing.....making money. One, who has passed now, was a great guy and I valued his opinion. The others were good at making money in their separate fields, and were as dumb as bricks in just about anything else. Kind of like your average rock star.

• Like 1