*Post Game Thread: AU 17 LSU 21*

autiger88

8 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

In other news... in what week was Bo Nix suppose to lose his job?

image.jpeg

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

Did not have to be done. Bo feasts against bad competition and crumbles against real teams. He belongs in the Pac-12, not the SEC. Good for him for making a smart decision. 

But he didn't want to be here anymore. We should move on. 

Seems like a mighty fine argument for trying to get ourselves an easier schedule (entirely hypothetical, I know). :whistle:

Edited by AUwent
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Seems like a mighty fine argument for trying to get ourselves an easier schedule (entirely hypothetical, I know). :whistle:

But then you just get throttled in the playoff. 

I'd rather build a team that can compete against the best. Tough schedule and all. And with the new playoff format, you can get in with 2 or 3 losses. 

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

But then you just get throttled in the playoff. 

I'd rather build a team that can compete against the best. Tough schedule and all. And with the new playoff format, you can get in with 2 or 3 losses. 

Until Farquad retires (which I don't expect for another decade), I'll happily take just making it every few years, thanks! For now, our ceiling for what coach we can get is lower than it otherwise would be because of our schedule. I will happily admit I'm wrong if we go out and land Deion, though!

Edited by AUwent
  • Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, cbo said:

Seriously?

That's the only explanation I can come up with.  Notice the first time we knocked it down.  2nd time made sure to let him catch it.  🤷🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

That's the only explanation I can come up with.  Notice the first time we knocked it down.  2nd time made sure to let him catch it.  🤷🏻‍♂️

That would be a wild purpose for a 4th down call, but who knows anymore. 

54 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Ha I think he got smoked starting the beginning of the 2nd quarter actually lol.  A complete 1st half would be a step out sadly. 

We had just moved the ball down the field with some nice runs and they set up the passing game to get to 17-0 and for some dumb reason up 17-0 we decided to be a passing team with Robbie Ashford at the helm. And he fumbled away the momentum. Just terrible coaching there. Such a disappointment tonight.

Watching with my old man tonight. He's not on any message boards. Just a regular fan. All game he's saying that Ashford keeps his eyes downfield way better than Nix. Creates more explosive plays by finding guys downfield, which we have lacked for years. 

Robby isn't as good as Nix right now, but he showed me a lot of promise. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, au302 said:

Watching with my old man tonight. He's not on any message boards. Just a regular fan. All game he's saying that Ashford keeps his eyes downfield way better than Nix. Creates more explosive plays by finding guys downfield, which we have lacked for years. 

Robby isn't as good as Nix right now, but he showed me a lot of promise. 

Yeah, he desperately needs to work on his short-intermediate ball placement, as well as his pocket presence, but he's pretty damn good excluding those. 

• Like 1

Got pulled over for speeding on my way home from the game to Atlanta.  The police officer and I then talked about how sad that game was.

So I basically took two “L”’s tonight.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

Meh, Robbie played way above his ceiling tonight and it still wasn't good enough. Having said that, if Ander could kick straight, Auburn probably wins this football game in the end.

He is a turnover machine which negates most of his good. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I think he was trying to throw a Pick near the 10 as a way to pin them deep. 

It actually seemed that way. Like a 50/50 ball hoping either they or we catch it. We catch it it’s a first down they catch it they are pinned deep.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

It actually seemed that way. Like a 50/50 ball hoping either they or we catch it. We catch it it’s a first down they catch it they are pinned deep.

We used to do that in the backyard as kids. We'd call out "pass punt" because we could throw it further than we could kick it at that time. 

Not that I'm buying Harsin doing that but at this point I don't think we can discount anything. I'll say one thing, no more comparisons to Barfield... we need to show some respect to Barfield. Even he wasn't this inept. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 2

Sir Captain Bo update:

So the ducks of Oregon met the cardinals of Stanford at the mighty battle in Autzen. The battle got off to a slow start but Captain Bo rallied his troops and overcame the hate from afar. He led his mighty ducks as they quacked back and dominated the pesky cardinals. After the battle had ended the hate from the plains afar continued to ring out. Captain Bo unshaken, readies his troops for the battle of Tucson.

9 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

That terrible play call in the red zone on 2nd and long Lead directly to a turnover. Don’t get cute. If anything we needed a field goal there. A trick play is just stupid there. It reminded me of some of the crap that Gus used to do. Ugh. 

I’m not being cute. I didn’t agree with that particular play call, but the guy is coached to throw it away I would imagine, not to throw it to the opponent. Using your logic every TO is caused by the play call.