John Cohen - New Auburn Athletics Director

Zeek

I was trying to find his contract extension details from last July, but could find no evidence on the googles that it happened.  Weird.

So Utah States Hartwell, who some thought was a favorite for the AU job just resigned from USU to "spend more time with family" 

People on Reddit are saying Utah State Athletics had recently been going through some sexual assault/harassment allegations and other stuff and  suggesting that Hartwell might be leaving to get ahead of some stuff involved with that. 

I don't know, but maybe it's a good thing we didn't hire him/maybe this is why we didn't? 

• Like 2

I actually think the players liked Allen Green.  He was always in the crowd with the students at games.  He was a likeable guy, he just didn’t know some things.  I hope the players warm up to this old white dude. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

That too

Maybe they don’t really care?  I saw Housel a few times as a student and casually walked by him as if I was just as Auburn-famous.

38 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I actually think the players liked Allen Green.  He was always in the crowd with the students at games.  He was a likeable guy, he just didn’t know some things.  I hope the players warm up to this old white dude. 😂

The AD is there to manage the coaches, athletic staff, and program budgets. 

I don't think it's important for the student athletes to know/care who he is as long as he hires coaches that the students like/respect and lead them to success.  

11 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The AD is there to manage the coaches, athletic staff, and program budgets. 

I don't think it's important for the student athletes to know/care who he is as long as he hires coaches that the students like/respect and lead them to success.  

I get it.  I was just giving a possible explanation as to why they didn’t shake his hand.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerPAC said:

They probably had no idea who that guy was out there.  

College AD's are sort of like how automotive transmissions are described to new engineers - if you notice them, that's a bad thing. 

Can anyone give more information on the other AD support staff?? McGlynn received a new role and promotion??? I also thought I heard that there is another person under Cohen specifically overseeing NIL???  

So will he allow our NIL to succeed, is the question. You can look at the recent outpouring of $ at MSU two ways—the boosters were happy to see him go or they realized they needed to spend it after losing him. Granted, both can be true.

The only MSU grad I've talked to is very happy to be rid of him.  Says he lacks vision and gives him 2 years tops at Auburn.  (This is also the guy that believes MSU was innocent in the CAM recruiting and that we paid him and they would have won the natty if they had gotten him.)

I doubt the two years is accurate, but the vision/effectiveness is TBD.  Hoping for the best.