Auburn Players in the Portal

gr82b4au

37 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

he did? Sorry if that was old. Haha

Don’t dismiss it because of my memory. I’m less attentive to football than I ever have been. 

6 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Can someone explain this please..

Calzada transfered to AU from A@M.

Now he is transferring again. I thought u could only transfer 1 time without having to sit out? He has 3 yrs of eligibility... I'm assuming he isn't a grad transfer... Is it cause we have a new coach he has another shot to transfer? This mess is too confusing 

— Zach Calzada will enter his name into the NCAA Transfer Portal, sources tell Auburn Live.

Sources tell Auburn Live that Calzada was scheduled to meet with new coach Hugh Freeze on Monday morning, but Freeze directed him to player personnel instead. According to sources, Calzada decided to enter the transfer portal following the meeting.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

— Zach Calzada will enter his name into the NCAA Transfer Portal, sources tell Auburn Live.

Sources tell Auburn Live that Calzada was scheduled to meet with new coach Hugh Freeze on Monday morning, but Freeze directed him to player personnel instead. According to sources, Calzada decided to enter the transfer portal following the meeting.

Ok. LOL

53 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I thought I read that he never met with Freeze, but was sent to someone else.

If we have learned one thing in the past couple weeks it has been: we certainly can’t believe everything we read from sports media. They’re all trying to get the clicks, get the monthly fees, be the first to report the story, but often times it’s simply not the truth!

• Like 4

This tells me our starting QB isn’t on campus yet.  No way Ashford is going to start for Hugh Freeze with his abysmal pass percentage.  It will take a good year to develop him.  Freeze is a good QBs developer but not that good to have him operating close to 60% by August!!!

• Like 1

Let’s just say some players were advised to enter the portal - certain  NIL contracts are not being renewed.  Making room for bigger better talent.

Edited by AUY2K
  • Thanks 1

Personally, I have no issue with Calzada leaving, and if Freeze messaged "goodbye" I'm okay with that. Freeze knows what he wants at QB. Even if the QB he wants is not yet in pocket, he can know that Calzada is not going to be competitive. Notably, Freeze apparently did not push out Robbie, even though I suspect he will not be in the QB room next season.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AURex said:

Personally, I have no issue with Calzada leaving, and if Freeze messaged "goodbye" I'm okay with that. Freeze knows what he wants at QB. Even if the QB he wants is not yet in pocket, he can know that Calzada is not going to be competitive. Notably, Freeze apparently did not push out Robbie, even though I suspect he will not be in the QB room next season.

Agree with you. I just hope that Freeze has already or can lock up the QB that he wants in his system. I would be surprised if Robbie is that guy. 

I felt similar trust in the last coaching staff and our portal options when Bo packed up and left. While I do think Harsin had a high level of incompetence to pull in talent I also think the free market of high level talent is very competitive and goes well beyond citing nattys and tours of heisman statues. 

8 hours ago, AU-24 said:

If we have learned one thing in the past couple weeks it has been: we certainly can’t believe everything we read from sports media. They’re all trying to get the clicks, get the monthly fees, be the first to report the story, but often times it’s simply not the truth!

Especially the ones who spend too much time message board gathering and piecing together a story.

6 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Especially the ones who spend too much time message board gathering and piecing together a story.

Imagine trying to find truth on this board... Pete Thamel is more accurate than we are.

Boom Roasted GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

RA will get a shot but I will be surprised if Freeze doesn't reel in a QB with far more Power 5 credentials. Robbie will be on the field as a wildcat QB/WR/jet sweeper, etc. who occasionally makes a throw to a wide open receiver on a trick play..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, autan said:

RA will get a shot but I will be surprised if Freeze doesn't reel in a QB with far more Power 5 credentials. Robbie will be on the field as a wildcat QB/WR/jet sweeper, etc. who occasionally makes a throw to a wide open receiver on a trick play..

This.

6 hours ago, autan said:

I’m hoping Robby had shoulder issues keeping him inconsistent. I just like his athleticism and especially his attitude. I’m betting he works his ars off too. I realize it’s a longshot but I’m pulling for him. 

• Like 1

His attitude while playing is great vs his pouting whiny attitude on the sidelines not so much.  He has a lot of maturing to do and hopefully freeze can get through to him.

• Like 1

Calzada: I believe this season counts as his sit-out year since he didn't play at all. Had he appeared in a game, even one game, he couldn't move on without sitting another year.

Some of these other guys listed will either have to graduate or sit a year. I wonder if they realize that? An exception would be Willis. Since he came in from a JUCO that doesn't count as a transfer.

Of course, the NCAA could simply turn a blind eye or change the rule yet again and open the floodgates for unlimited moving about.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2022 at 2:30 PM, Sizzle said:

Nobody was smaller than Zakoby McClain

Deshaun Davis, Eltoro Freeman, Darren Bates and Jonathan Evans were all 5' 11"

8 hours ago, autan said:

Robbie will be on the field as a wildcat QB/WR/jet sweeper, etc. who occasionally makes a throw to a wide open receiver on a trick play..

Seems like we had a HC here that did that once or 50 times.

malzahn_2.0.gif?auto=compress&fm=gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Viper said:

Deshaun Davis, Eltoro Freeman, Darren Bates and Jonathan Evans were all 5' 11"

So was the GOAT…….Fast Freddie Smith. (I’m showing my age 😅)

On 12/6/2022 at 1:09 PM, AUY2K said:

Let’s just say some players were advised to enter the portal - certain  NIL contracts are not being renewed.  Making room for bigger better talent.

You know for sure? If so, that is great news!