2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

3 minutes ago, metafour said:

These two things are completely unrelated.

You need a HS QB in every class. We are down to 2 QB's on the roster. Hank Brown is a kid that Freeze already has a relationship with and likes, and he came too late to do any real HS QB recruiting here. Nobody is saying or arguing that this type of QB recruiting is what we are banking on in order to be successful in the future.

Freeze is still recruiting and plans to take a Transfer QB. Again, these are unrelated and taking the HS QB has nothing to do with them "missing" on Leary or any other Transfer.

Gawsh, that seems to make sense!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, metafour said:

These two things are completely unrelated.

You need a HS QB in every class. We are down to 2 QB's on the roster. Hank Brown is a kid that Freeze already has a relationship with and likes, and he came too late to do any real HS QB recruiting here. Nobody is saying or arguing that this type of QB recruiting is what we are banking on in order to be successful in the future.

Freeze is still recruiting and plans to take a Transfer QB. Again, these are unrelated and taking the HS QB has nothing to do with them "missing" on Leary or any other Transfer.

Yep. He even said in his press conference yesterday, that he was still planning on going after a transfer quarterback

2 hours ago, The lions roar said:

Losing Wade after the losing the juco tackle would be a major. 

Well, we did get the number 1 Juco tackle. 
agree that wade is a loss, but let’s look at who he brings in from the transfer portal

• Like 1

We are we at with Amari Kight?  I know we were right there in it during his HS recruitment and last I saw staff felt really good about getting him?   I know we want them all but they ALL are not going to come especially the portal players.  

Edited by AEAugirl

16 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

We are we at with Amari Kight?  I know we were right there in it during his HS recruitment and last I saw staff felt really good about getting him?   I know we want them all but they ALL are not going to come especially the portal players.  

I think he is still looking at us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

@AEAugirl nothing new on him.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Dillon Wade tweets a piece sign . He is going to USC, folks freak out... Then, the next day he tweets a pic of a bird , he's going to AU. We happy again... LOL .. Amazing 

Nobody knows anything. The AU mods are taking a beating with the predictions. NIL has changed the game. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Nobody knows anything. The AU mods are taking a beating with the predictions. NIL has changed the game. 

Well, supposedly we have NIL figured out now. Not saying I expect to get everyone we want but we’re not the struggling mom and pop general store that some warned we were as recently as this summer.

NIL has changed college football in multiple ways, but one change will be especially noticeable now that ENSD has passed.  The portal players that we actually sign will most likely be coming to AU because of NIL money.  If we don't get a player we want (such as QB Leary), we probably aren't willing to match the NIL money that player is getting elsewhere, but that money (AU NIL money) will get spent on other player(s) we need and want for 2023.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

We are like 1 for 5 on guys we "expected to get"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We are like 1 for 5 on guys we "expected to get"

Also NIL opens people’s eyes but it only goes far. If we are offering money but so is the other school, then relationships take over. 
I will say that I think the pay sites will start being more careful with their predictions. Predicting kids 100% in this recruiting world. It’s just not accurate anymore. More like 50/50 from now on … especially until we start winning. 
winning cures most things, including recruiting. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Nobody knows anything.

and it should end right there. I never get to high or low on these predictions, if that what they are. Some media jump the gun like they actually know.

• Like 5

The odd thing is posters want to drag the coaching staff based off assumptions from these “insiders” at pay sites. Coaches probably know the likelihood of getting an expected commitment from an athlete. These sites want money and use some of our fans passion and need to know it now to drive it. I

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

Likely playing center or guard if he comes to AU.

Ben Scott is off the table...Nebraska.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Kight to UCF per al.com 

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

The odd thing is posters want to drag the coaching staff based off assumptions from these “insiders” at pay sites. Coaches probably know the likelihood of getting an expected commitment from an athlete. These sites want money and use some of our fans passion and need to know it now to drive it. I

And yet when the same "insiders" give great odds that so and so from Kackalaky State is surely going to commit to AU, we will once again be in a frenzy.  Cause that's what we do. But it's HFs fault. Three weeks ago we didn't know there were OTs that would come to AU. Now we expect them all to come. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, TigerVII said:

Kight to UCF per al.com 

unreal. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

And yet when the same "insiders" give great odds that so and so from Kackalaky State is surely going to commit to AU, we will once again be in a frenzy.  Cause that's what we do. But it's HFs fault. Three weeks ago we didn't know there were OTs that would come to AU. Now we expect them all to come. 

Kackalaky State…has me rolling! Lol…but you are right about all of this

• Haha 1