2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

4 minutes ago, autan said:

If we really got in a bind for RBs we have a fourth one in RA himself. He's too good of a runner to not play at wildcat, jet sweep or 3rd down back or something to use his strengths. I agree that running back is not as critical as other positions.

Good point. Could RA develop into a Deebo Samual type of role??

9 minutes ago, autan said:

If we really got in a bind for RBs we have a fourth one in RA himself. He's too good of a runner to not play at wildcat, jet sweep or 3rd down back or something to use his strengths. I agree that running back is not as critical as other positions.

What about Sean Jackson?  Is he still on the team?  Is he actually a viable RB or just a feel good story from last summer?

12 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Good point. Could RA develop into a Deebo Samual type of role??

No

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We don't have limited space. We have enough space to address virtually all concerns. So "bigger areas of concern" isn't really a good excuse 

I agree. My point was that I would love to have him and it was a miss by us, but at least we have a starting running back.  There are massive holes on the roster. My angst revolves around positions that we have no starters and still need players. McCall news killed us. Ben Scott was the biggest miss. 
The OT transfer was the biggest win by far. 
…and if we do not get a quarterback, none of this will matter IMO. 

• Like 2

The schedule next fall is favorable for CHF to lead us to having a huge turnaround like CTB and CGM did, but it hedges so much on the right QB signee. Maybe Pratt would be the perfect fit since he is part of one of the  the biggest comeback seasons ever. Filling the other holes is important too, but the wrong QB will likely drop us to around 6 wins tops.  Hope Coach has his No. 1 plan set for this weekend and an excellent backup as well. It's crunch time. A couple of front line OLs and LBs there too.

Edited by autan

On 1/2/2023 at 10:17 AM, DAG said:

Maybe but rehash this gets very old, very quickly . Quite frankly, it is you and Mikey who keeps that same old topic up. They both sucked. Arguing who sucks more is just a game of pride. Personally, I would rather just move on from this two unless it is warranted specifically in certain threads. I feel like this thread is suited for the future not the past.

Ha, it's like stepping in two different piles of crap and trying to determine which was crappier ... in the end both suck and you feet really stink

• Like 1

3 hours ago, autan said:

The schedule next fall is favorable for CHF to lead us to having a huge turnaround like CTB and CGM did, but it hedges so much on the right QB signee. Maybe Pratt would be the perfect fit since he is part of one of the  the biggest comeback seasons ever. Filling the other holes is important too, but the wrong QB will likely drop us to around 6 wins tops.  Hope Coach has his No. 1 plan set for this weekend and an excellent backup as well. It's crunch time. A couple of front line OLs and LBs there too.

Agree with this 100%. Pratt is not leaving Tulane. 

18 hours ago, Sizzle said:

At the same time Gerry Hamilton put this pick in at 70% Keith updated his confidence for AU from 60% to 75%.

• Thanks 1

G Micah Mazzccua (6-5, 331) started 10 games at left guard for Baylor this season after seeing action in nine games as a redshirt freshman reserve in 2021. Mazzccua (it’s pronounced “Muh-ZOO-cuh”) played at Baltimore St. Frances Academy and has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

https://247sports.com/player/micah-mazzccua-46056396/

Hasn't been reranked by 247 as a portal transfer.

Not sure if it continued, but ~7 weeks into the season he was still highly graded

• Love 1

18 hours ago, Win4AU said:

just a feel good story from last summer?

Yes

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

G Micah Mazzccua (6-5, 331) started 10 games at left guard for Baylor this season after seeing action in nine games as a redshirt freshman reserve in 2021. Mazzccua (it’s pronounced “Muh-ZOO-cuh”) played at Baltimore St. Frances Academy and has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Not sure if it continued, but ~7 weeks into the season he was still highly graded

A highly rated 330+ lb OG with a name that rhymes with bazooka!?!?!   Heck yes!!!!!   Sign us up for him!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Will be a day 1 starter for us. Come on down!

• Like 1

Mazzccua and Wright would be two nasty guards so I am hoping he likes what he sees when he visits. Freeze and staff really improved the HS class especially on O-line and with the Portal players who have said they will visit we have a shot  at putting together a solid O-line. Most of the ones visiting have 2 years of eligibility if we can sign them we help this year next year and buy time for younger players to develop. 

The visits over next week or two are super important.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Expecting at least 12 visitors this weekend.

Nice.  Are they all transfers? 

36 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Expecting at least 12 visitors this weekend.

E.. it's my understanding that transfers have to be enrolled at AU before Jan 11th to be eligible to participate in Spring training.. Is that correct?

7 minutes ago, trinidad tiger said:

I think classes start on the 19th so Im guessing they have until the 18th?  Anyone who visits this weekend certainly knows this so hopefully come with their suitcases and toothbrush😁

Historically the last day to enroll and go through spring practice has been drop/add day. Maybe that's still the case, maybe not.

35 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

E.. it's my understanding that transfers have to be enrolled at AU before Jan 11th to be eligible to participate in Spring training.. Is that correct?

@NWA Tiger Nope. For regular students the last day to add classes is Jan 18th. I've talked to an athletics admin before & they said there's a way around that for athletes by a week or so.

11 minutes ago, trinidad tiger said:

I think classes start on the 19th so Im guessing they have until the 18th?  Anyone who visits this weekend certainly knows this so hopefully come with their suitcases and toothbrush😁

Classes start the 11th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

E, do you know if one (or hopefully two) of the visitors will be portal QBs? I'm guessing one would be Sanders? Hopefully there is another. I don't think we can put one off for another week. He'll probably a goner, regardless of what he tells us.

1 hour ago, autan said:

E, do you know if one (or hopefully two) of the visitors will be portal QBs? I'm guessing one would be Sanders? Hopefully there is another. I don't think we can put one off for another week. He'll probably a goner, regardless of what he tells us.

@autan Haven't seen any QBs mentioned for visiting this weekend. A lot of fans aren't going to like it but we may have to wait til the May transfer window before we get our QB. A few teams have more than 1 quality QB & guys losing those battles after Spring very well may look to transfer.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@autan Haven't seen any QBs mentioned for visiting this weekend. A lot of fans aren't going to like it but we may have to wait til the May transfer window before we get our QB. A few teams have more than 1 quality QB & guys losing those battles after Spring very well may look to transfer.

I had kinda resolved myself to that. Figured there will be several more in the portal after spring ball.