2023 Recruiting Hot-Board

Zeek

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

I don’t think we have had a coach since Saban has been at Bama that I felt could go toe to toe with him on a regular basis….but I think Freeze might be the best closer we have had yet.  

We also now have leveled the playing field with NIL, so I’m still hopeful Freeze can pull out a miracle here.   Its true, he’s working from behind but they just keep coming back, and coming back, and coming back.  There is something they obviously like about Auburn. 

Yep.  I think Freeze can match Saban.   Our NIL can compete with or match theirs.   Our new football facilities are better than theirs.   More people seem resonate well with our atmosphere.  Once we put a competitive product on the field and we’re consistently putting guys in the league, we’ll be very hard to beat on the trail!!!!  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Yep.  I think Freeze can match Saban.   Our NIL can compete with or match theirs.   Our new football facilities are better than theirs.   More people seem resonate well with our atmosphere.  Once we put a competitive product on the field and we’re consistently putting guys in the league, we’ll be very hard to beat on the trail!!!!  

Straight up question, not being a smart aleck - what are the sources for all these comments about our NIL vs other schools? Its a secondary source but an Oct article (Saturday Down South?) mentioned our young NIL as being more stocked than almost any nationwide. 

8 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

No one is mentioning Cadillac's impact on these two guys.  They were absolutely blown away by him the last 4 games, particularly the Texas A&M game.  He will play a big part in their decision.

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Straight up question, not being a smart aleck - what are the sources for all these comments about our NIL vs other schools? Its a secondary source but an Oct article (Saturday Down South?) mentioned our young NIL as being more stocked than almost any nationwide. 

Great question.   I have no idea.   I’ve just heard/read the same things as you that our NIL is among the tops in the nation, competitive with bama, uga, etc.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinman1 said:

No one is mentioning Cadillac's impact on these two guys.  They were absolutely blown away by him the last 4 games, particularly the Texas A&M game.  He will play a big part in their decision.

You’re right.  The fact that Smith and Russaw are still interested is a credit to Caddy and a few others, obviously not our previous HC.   
I wasn’t talking about them specifically.   I was talking about recruiting in general, moving forward.  

The new DC will hopefully have an impact as well.

My guess would be these two 5*s promised CNS they would not take the 2nd OV that they were allowed for new staff, but they probably did not promise that they wouldn't set foot on AU campus again. So there's a chance allbeit a slim one.

WDE CHF!!

Edited by autan

So, CRob is gone and he’s not really done much to contribute to this class…..where are we realistically at LB recruiting because we don’t have one LB commit and I don’t think I’ve seen any portal guys mentioned or HS recruits (at least lately). 

Don’t we need LBs almost as bad as linemen? 

• Like 1

I'd love to have the Carver duo, who wouldn't?

I just remember a certain #1 DE prospect who didn't work out with us. Plus a lot of top recruits flame out or just underperform. Still, you miss all shots you don't take.

So I am very ignorant when it comes to recruiting...so I would like to know should we expect commitments this weekend or would it be a pleasant surprise if we get any??  Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

So I am very ignorant when it comes to recruiting...so I would like to know should we expect commitments this weekend or would it be a pleasant surprise if we get any??  Thanks in advance.

With NSD on Wednesday, I'd guess we aren't going to get anything this weekend. Flips might not happen until NSD.

There is a solid chance we get a few Portal commits tho

Just now, W.E.D said:

With NSD on Wednesday, I'd guess we aren't going to get anything this weekend. Flips might not happen until NSD.

There is a solid chance we get a few Portal commits tho

Much appreciated.

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Smith still is. any word why Russaw isnt?

SaTan probably forbade him because he knows Russaw has real interest in AU. Smith is not and never was coming to Auburn.

1 hour ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

SaTan probably forbade him because he knows Russaw has real interest in AU. Smith is not and never was coming to Auburn.

Neither have any intentions of coming to AU. They are just like so many players at that level; they just crave attention and stirring up the pot. That’s all there is to their escapades.

Edited by au701948

27 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Neither have any intentions of coming to AU. They are just like so many players at that level; they just crave attention and stirring up the pot. That’s all there is to their escapades.

I think maybe even more than that, they’re intentionally sabotaging and diverting attention and resources of rival coaches (Auburn) when said rival coaches (i.e. Auburn coaches) could actually be giving attention to recruits that want to be at said rival schools (i.e.Auburn). Not sure about y’all, but I’m ready for the redneck midget in the west to retire. Give them one more season of not making the SEC championship and playoffs and they’ll be demanding his retirement. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I thought we (Freeze) went to them and tried to get another visit. I don’t see that as their fault at all.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

It looks like he is still coming unless I'm missing something. 

That’s what is sounds like now….that he has decided to come after all at least according to the chatter on Twitter. 

If true, its interesting considering they had their in home with Saban yesterday…

• Love 1