Isaiah Crowell Update

AUSportTalk

a friend of mine in the athletic dept. told me that IC has informed au that the turds are no longer in it. its down to uga and au and au holds a slight lead and he will visit this weekend! :bananadance:

Hope your right. But I heard IC may not visit this weekend.

I heard IC may visit this weekend.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a friend of mine in the athletic dept. told me that IC has informed au that the turds are no longer in it. its down to uga and au and au holds a slight lead and he will visit this weekend! :bananadance:

I've heard both -- from this message board, actually

(guess that means I haven't actually "heard" it, but I read it)

I heard he may or may not visit this weekend.  :cool:

I see a dancing banana.  I picked the wrong day to quit LSD.

I see a dancing banana.  I picked the wrong day to quit LSD.

Not to worry, it looks like today is the day everyone decided to start.

Has it ever to occurred to anyone that Crowell may told a few folks that he was not visiting to get the ugas off his back. I mean he didn't tell anyone one person directly so that saves face for him. Also, with the ugas on their quest of a "dream" team, you know they are on him heavy. Just my 2 cents.

Has it occurred to anyone that HE NEVER SAID HE WASN'T GOING TO VISIT?

That too. But, if I were receiving the scrutiny and pressure that this 18 yr is getting (especially from the leghumpers), this would be a good way to get a few days worth of breathing room.

Has it occurred to anyone that HE NEVER SAID HE WASN'T GOING TO VISIT?

He still has 3 days to say it one way or the other.

"Isaiah Crowell, the AJC’s No. 1-rated prospect. Crowell took his official visit to UGA this past weekend and is headed to Auburn for his final trip this Friday. Crowell’s silence since that visit has been deafening. He hasn’t talked to anybody that I know of, and certainly not me. Evasive to start with, it looks like the Carver-Columbus tailback has completely shut it down now as far as interviews. Which is fine. It’s an extremely difficult decision he’s trying to make between Alabama, Auburn and Georgia from now until national signing day on Feb. 2.

But my attempts to reach Isaiah did land me an opportunity to speak to his father, Andrew Crowell. The baratone-voice patriarch of the Crowell clan is a man of few words who clearly is not easily impressed by or does not get rattled about this whole recruiting thing.

•On the official visit to UGA this past weekend he said: “It was nice. All the schools we’ve been to are pretty nice.”

•On what school he may favor at this point: “I don’t really care. We’re leaving that up to Isaiah. I’m just looking at him finishing his education and going where they can keep him in line and where there’s a good mentor for him. Where and when he’ll play on the field, I’m not really paying attention to all that.”

•On the final decision: “We talk to him about it, but it’s going to be his decision. He’s the one that’s gonna be living there so it’s up to him.”

Whatever young Crowell decides, we won’t find out until national signing day. Carver coach Dell McGee said all of his seniors that are signing with colleges will do so as a team that Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. at the community center near the school. Gabe Wright (Auburn or Tennessee), Quincy McKinney (South Carolina commit) and Riyadh Jones (undecided) will among the Tigers to sign letters-of-intent that day with FBS schools."

Lookin' GOOD for Auburn ! War Eagle !!!

Cancelled his vist to AU, so I am going to respectfully disagree with the last sentence.  But  :we: anyway.

I had not heard that it had been confirmed.

Cancelled his vist to AU, so I am going to respectfully disagree with the last sentence.  But  :we: anyway.

This is what I'm trying to find out.  I haven't heard a confirmation that he did cancel the visit yet.

This still has not been confirmed. It's a rumor as of right now.

I had not heard that it had been confirmed.

Same, I've tried to find official "No he isn't coming" but I can't seem to.

Archived