What was the first year

auburn4ever

First post...I'm so excited!!!

My first game I ever went to was in my freshman year in 1977, the dreaded Barfield years. Not much to remember about that until Pat Dye and Bo showed up! I grew up listening to games on the radio in Chattanooga. I have fond memories of putting the record of the Auburn fight song on our giant stereo and dancing all around, pretending to be a cheerleader. Both my mother and father went to Auburn. My mom was a former Miss Auburn. My grandfather graduated in 1914. I always knew I would go to Auburn, even though I only remember being on campus one time before I enrolled. My daughter is lucky. Her first game was in 1990 and she was 5 weeks old. She got passed around the stands like a cheap date! Nothing in this world like Jordan Hare and Auburn football!!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite uncle took me to Legion Field in 1972 to watch AU-vs-Tenn. Actually remember more about the time with my uncle than the game. I wish I could have watched 2010 BCSNC game with him. 

Well, I had a massive head trauma in 97, so my memory from before that is a bit hazy. The earliest game I remember going to was the Interception Game in 94, but I know I went to at least one in 93 (pretty sure it was one of the throwaway games), and I'm fairly confident that I'd been to one before that, but I really just don't know.

First post...I'm so excited!!!

My first game I ever went to was in my freshman year in 1977, the dreaded Barfield years. Not much to remember about that until Pat Dye and Bo showed up! I grew up listening to games on the radio in Chattanooga. I have fond memories of putting the record of the Auburn fight song on our giant stereo and dancing all around, pretending to be a cheerleader. Both my mother and father went to Auburn. My mom was a former Miss Auburn. My grandfather graduated in 1914. I always knew I would go to Auburn, even though I only remember being on campus one time before I enrolled. My daughter is lucky. Her first game was in 1990 and she was 5 weeks old. She got passed around the stands like a cheap date! Nothing in this world like Jordan Hare and Auburn football!!!

Awesome story, and welcome to Auburn Eagle!

Well, I had a massive head trauma in 97, so my memory from before that is a bit hazy. The earliest game I remember going to was the Interception Game in 94, but I know I went to at least one in 93 (pretty sure it was one of the throwaway games), and I'm fairly confident that I'd been to one before that, but I really just don't know.

That explains alot now red.

I know I saw a game in Auburn in 1976; but I was too young to remember the game.

The first game I remember that I saw in person was 1985, when we beat Ole Miss 41-0. That game was total and complete domination on both sides of the ball.

I know I saw a game in Auburn in 1976; but I was too young to remember the game.

The first game I remember that I saw in person was 1984, when we beat Ole Miss 41-0. That game was total and complete domination on both sides of the ball.

I think Ole Miss had 2 first downs

The first game I remember that I saw in person was 1985, when we beat Ole Miss 41-0. That game was total and complete domination on both sides of the ball.

I don't remember many stats, but that wouldn't surprise me.

I remember two things. Our D dominated their O, and Bo Jackson.

This will explain how really bad AU beat them that night

http://articles.latimes.com/1985-10-06/sports/sp-5721_1_ole-miss

This will explain how really bad AU beat them that night

http://articles.latimes.com/1985-10-06/sports/sp-5721_1_ole-miss

:laugh::thumbsup::bow:

Yep, just like I said!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My first was the 1988 Tennessee game at Jordan-Hare.  I was 8 years old at the time.  Auburn won the game 38-6.  I may be wrong, but I believe that was the game in which Carlos Cheatham knocked out Reggie Cobb from Tennessee.  I still believe that was the best Auburn defense ever.  Had it not been for that crazy 7-6 loss to LSU (earthquake game) that team would have probably played Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl for the national title.

My first was the 1988 Tennessee game at Jordan-Hare.  I was 8 years old at the time.  Auburn won the game 38-6.  I may be wrong, but I believe that was the game in which Carlos Cheatham knocked out Reggie Cobb from Tennessee.  I still believe that was the best Auburn defense ever.  Had it not been for that crazy 7-6 loss to LSU (earthquake game) that team would have probably played Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl for the national title, and spanked the living crap out of them.

FIFY

My first was the 1988 Tennessee game at Jordan-Hare.  I was 8 years old at the time.  Auburn won the game 38-6.  I may be wrong, but I believe that was the game in which Carlos Cheatham knocked out Reggie Cobb from Tennessee.  I still believe that was the best Auburn defense ever.  Had it not been for that crazy 7-6 loss to LSU (earthquake game) that team would have probably played Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl for the national title, and spanked the living crap out of them.

FIFY

Come on, red! Do you really think that we could've beaten a Lou Holtz coached ND? Get real! :tease:

FIFY

Come on, red! Do you really think that we could've beaten a Lou Holtz coached ND? Get real! :tease:

Didn't seem to have too much problem with him while he was at South Carolina...:dunno::laugh:

2002, Auburn vs. USC, and have been going ever since

Oh Lord, that was the day Carson Palmer carved us up, wasn't it?

FIFY

Didn't seem to have too much problem with him while he was at South Carolina...:dunno::laugh:

But, but, Dr. Lou and all that other rot...

I was young, but I believe it was 1989 Miss St for homecoming.  Looking back at wikipedia, we played MSU at home in 87, 88, and 89.  I am pretty sure it was the 1989 game though.  I will never forget when we were on the road back after the game.  We were listening to the bama/penn st game and the turds blocked a FG to win.  my brother, the bama fan, was really excited.

That was my first game also.  I was an Auburn fan from the second I could realize what football was, but this was my first real experience with Auburn football.  What terrific memories!    :we:

Can't recall the teams in the game, but can tell you my age.  I was 12 and was selling cokes in what is now JHS.

The year was 1971.  We went 11-1-0 that year with superstars Sullivan and Beasley. Only regular season loss was to the turds.

1974 against Tennessee. Auburn won 21-0. The previous year, in Knoxville, Tennessee won by the same score. Late in that game UT punted on 3rd down at least twice IIRC. When Auburn won the following year the fans called for Auburn to punt on 3rd down as payback. Shug Jordan, being the gentleman he was, did not allow it.

1992 I lived in Alabama and was a huge LSU fan.  My parents went to LSU so I grew up pulling for the yellow tigers.  I was a student at Auburn and went to my first game.  I walked into JHS a LSU fan and walked out an Auburn fan. 

Archived