2014 5* JUCO WR D'Haquille Williams SIGNS WITH AUBURN!!!

Maverick.AU

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11/12/13- DQ's twitter

2072dca169bdba94d2226400e5a4fa4d_normal.jpeg

Ducasfademup_12

I'm officially got my grades so I will be attending D-1 next dnt kno where but I'm put no matter wat

I know you can't really (or shouldn't really) judge these kids by their Twitter accounts, but have you seen some of the stuff this guy posts? I saw something the other day to the effect of "I'm not a blood or a crip, but I respect both of them". I am really hoping these were rap lyrics. Also, schools should start teaching a "Twitter Grammar" class, because most of the stuff these young guys post is completely un-readable.

Doesnt seem very set on auburn

I don't know if I would say that, he is committed to AU and until he decommits I would still define him as set on AU.

I know that he is looking at LSU but they will have a new fresh QB next year and he is not looking for a rookie QB. I do think that DW likes the attention of being the #1 Juco WR. He has also said lots of good things about AU as well.

I would love to land DW he would be a great WR threat that would give us a more balanced attack but if he goes to LSU I am not going to worry about it too much, yes it will suck to see him become a corndog but DW not being at AU for the 2014 season will not break us, Gus will figure it out.

Doesnt seem very set on auburn

Per a recent Rivals interview from a couple days ago things still look pretty good for Auburn. Also things have not picked up on LSU's end yet in terms of DQ being a take for them.

11/12/13- DQ's twitter

2072dca169bdba94d2226400e5a4fa4d_normal.jpeg

Ducasfademup_12

I'm officially got my grades so I will be attending D-1 next dnt kno where but I'm put no matter wat

I know you can't really (or shouldn't really) judge these kids by their Twitter accounts, but have you seen some of the stuff this guy posts? I saw something the other day to the effect of "I'm not a blood or a crip, but I respect both of them". I am really hoping these were rap lyrics. Also, schools should start teaching a "Twitter Grammar" class, because most of the stuff these young guys post is completely un-readable.

lol, get him in auburn for a year, win some rings, keep his nose clean and get him outttt

Not too many schools are in a position to slow-play a five* guy but that's what he's allowing LSU to do here. If they can't get their top guys they'll turn around and offer DW and he'll sign with them. We'll know if he's coming to Auburn or not after LSU releases their list of signees. If they got their other guys then we get DW. If they didn't, they get him.

We're like the poor stiff that asked the pretty girl to the Friday night dance. She said "Ok, I'll come with you unless somebody better asks me. If that happens, forget it. But I won't know until, say, Friday night. If nothing better turns up I'll settle for going with you. You're not really who I want to go with but going out with you beats sitting at home."

Sucks but that's how it is.

Would love to have the talent. Would not mind missing out on him due to public respect to bloods n crips AKA not wanting to upset them AKA "I know plenty of both"

We have had too many questionable characters contribute to the downfall of the program, and thats enough of a red flag for ME personally. However, I am not in the business of winning.

The most disappointing thing about this young man is that he doesn't seem to understand or appreciate that CGM is a master of utilizing his playmakers. Williams ego may be correct, that he is a one and done, gone to the NFL talent. His strategic thinking, doubting Gus will find a way to showcase his talent, is lacking.

Some very good Junior College players come with good credentials but don't seem to relish singular attention. I personally am not fond of players that are already all about "me" as they bounce from one state of mind to another. JMHO

Some very good Junior College players come with good credentials but don't seem to relish singular attention. I personally am not fond of players that are already all about "me" as they bounce from one state of mind to another. JMHO

WRs especially tend to be that way sometimes though

Not too many schools are in a position to slow-play a five* guy but that's what he's allowing LSU to do here. If they can't get their top guys they'll turn around and offer DW and he'll sign with them. We'll know if he's coming to Auburn or not after LSU releases their list of signees. If they got their other guys then we get DW. If they didn't, they get him.

It will be settled long before then. DQ is an EE and will sign in Mid December likely before LSU truly knows if they are getting their other guys.

What does this guy bring to the table that we don't already have in Coates? Anybody got an idea?

a #1 WR who consistently makes every play at the WR position using great hands and route running. I love Sammie and even though he has the potential to be a #1 WR he is not there yet. To be honest I think DQ being the complete WR he is would be very benificial for Sammie's learning curve if DQ comes here.

It's a compliment to what we have now. Teams have to respect both all of the time. Who do you put your best cover corner on? If it's DQ, Sammie eats you alive, and vice versa. A true second WR threat also frees up space for the slot receiver. Can't see why we wouldn't want him.

It will be settled long before then. DQ is an EE and will sign in Mid December likely before LSU truly knows if they are getting their other guys.

Well then, the EE business puts the pressure on LSU to make a decision. Unless, of course, they can convince him to wait around until February.

Certainly I can see why we want a 5* receiver. But if he follows his heart to the corndogs it won't be the end of the world. We've still got Coates as a deep threat.

Not the end of the world, but certainly a loss. I, for one, won't play the retroactive didn't-want-him, not-a-priority card if we lose him.

Slammie is very good, with a ceiling as a true WR1, but there's nothing wrong with lining up two potential WR1s on the field at the same time. UT did it with Patterson and Hunter... that worked pretty well for them (even if the defense was still a disaster... they weren't losing because of an inability to pass).

Not the end of the world, but certainly a loss. I, for one, won't play the retroactive didn't-want-him, not-a-priority card if we lose him.

Slammie is very good, with a ceiling as a true WR1, but there's nothing wrong with lining up two potential WR1s on the field at the same time. UT did it with Patterson and Hunter... that worked pretty well for them (even if the defense was still a disaster... they weren't losing because of an inability to pass).

he's still committed to us by the way not sure if you took some of the previous post in a wrong way.

What does this guy bring to the table that we don't already have in Coates? Anybody got an idea?

I look at as they are both explosive and you can't double team both of them. With our OL returning and running game humming next year, he could help make the offense nearly unstoppable. I don't think he will have the same effect at LSU.

I hope we get this kid because I do not think we have anyone who is as completely gifted at WR as he is. Having said that I really will not be hurt about who we get at WR because I happen to think we have a stellar group of WRs now. Most are young but lots of playmaking ability. I would even say that as far as the ability to make something happen after the catch , Ricardo is better than Williams. Ricardo is a playmaker with the ball in his hands. We just do not attempt enough throws to get these guys some real game time reps. Davis and Stevens will both be solid players as well. None of our guys right now could match Williams in the ability to make consistent jump ball catches like a Calvin Johnson but I do think we have some who could do more with it after the catch and some guys who will be solid players for us down the road. Williams just makes us that much better and bridges a gap between some of the older guys who might not have done a much as expected and the young guys who look like they may be solid players.

Archived