Mason or CAP  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets more carries?

• Mason
    • CAP
  2. 2. Who gets more yards?

• Mason
    • CAP

In the name of not talking about the QB battle anymore, how bought we take guesses at who we think will get more carries this year between Mason and CAP. Who do you think gets more yards? Why?

I'm really excited about CAP personally and I think that he may end up with a few more carries than Mason because of his size and down hill running style. That said, I could see their yards for the season being really close, both above 1000, with Mason averaging more per carry. Wile we're on the subject, I think Grant has the highest yards per carry, probably on 5 or 10 carries a game.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Tre gets the majority of carries because of seniority and because he is as good as or better than any other back on the team. I also think Tre gets more yards, because I think CAP will get more of his carries in short yardage situations.

When answering guys remember that while Tre can take take the hits, he is not a power back type that gives the hits as CAP does. Tre in more explosive So I say CAP gets more carries but Tre gets more yards.

When answering guys remember that while Tre can take take the hits, he is not a power back type that gives the hits as CAP does. Tre in more explosive So I say CAP gets more carries but Tre gets more yards.

At the same time, Tre proved, last year, that he can handle the #1 back work load. I do think when it comes to driving it down the other team's throat, whether it be 3rd and short or goal line, CAP will get the call and either he or Fraizer/Marshall will follow Prosch to the first/touchdown.

I bet cap has more TD's!

Agreed.

I think Tre gets the majority of carries because of seniority and because he is as good as or better than any other back on the team. I also think Tre gets more yards, because I think CAP will get more of his carries in short yardage situations.

ditto

I went with Tre Mason on both but have no real basis for feeling that way. I'd really like to see another RB duo that compliments each other like Caddie and Ronnie did. Then the carries and yardage differences wouldn't even matter...they'd both be game changers.

At the same time, Tre proved, last year, that he can handle the #1 back work load. I do think when it comes to driving it down the other team's throat, whether it be 3rd and short or goal line, CAP will get the call and either he or Fraizer/Marshall will follow Prosch to the first/touchdown.

Driving it down the teams throat is not just a 3rd down or goal line thing for Gus. He uses it for whole drives at different points in the game. Remember the drive where CAP ran it 6-8 times in a row? Tackling CAP is wears a D down more than tackling Tre.

I believe the first half of next year will be a learning experience for CAP. SEC talent is bigger, faster and more aggressive that what he is used to. Mason knows what is in store. He will be the man.

I bet cap has more TD's!

That's what i was thinking as well. Short yardage TDs and 3rd and short should be CAP's specialty. Mason & Grant are our burners. CAP will certainly get his carries. Mason will get the bulk of the carries to start but as the game goes on..give it whoever has the "hot hand" that day. The first 3 games we should be ground and pound to no end...esp with 3 good RBs...that's all we will likely need those 3 games.

I like CAP. I don't know what it is about his running style, but he makes it look easy. Maybe a little better decision-maker than Tre when he hits the hole? I do think Tre is stronger than some people give him credit for, however he seems to have greater upper-body strength. If he had the same kind of lower body strength I think he would have better balance and an easier time shedding tackles.

CAP for carries - wear down defense, short yardage, power; Tre for most yards for speed and explosive (kind of like Ben Tate and OMac in '10).

I voted that way before I read ur post. I think the same way. Tre will break more long runs but Cap will have nice runs and be called on for the tough yards.

Driving it down the teams throat is not just a 3rd down or goal line thing for Gus. He uses it for whole drives at different points in the game. Remember the drive where CAP ran it 6-8 times in a row? Tackling CAP is wears a D down more than tackling Tre.

What is the weight difference in the two backs?

What is the weight difference in the two backs?

CAP is 12 ponds heavier and more built for power runs. With that said looking at weight alone in that sitch is overrated. What you look for is run styles. in backs. Tre is a bit more power. CAP is a bit more punishing.

Guys cap is good. But I ain't drinking the cool aid yet..Mason is the best back on the team by a country mile. I think Corey Grant comes alive

Guys cap is good. But I ain't drinking the cool aid yet..Mason is the best back on the team by a country mile. I think Corey Grant comes alive

mason has the most potential but cap has much better vision. I am also ready to see grant!

I can't say I know enough about their relative skills/styles/experience/etc. to actually vote. Based on what I think I know, it would be logical to imagine CAP with more carries due to short yardage/power runs, while Tre ends up with more yardage from big plays and open field runs. But I think Tre will definitely get an early jump in both poll categories, based on seniority and past proven performance, and it's up to CAP to take it way from Mason. ...which he could do.

CAP is gonna be awesome, but Mason in proven. There are very few backs in the country that could rush for 1000+ yds behind the terrible OL and OC we had last year and Mason did it!

Archived