Report: Signee Kalvaraz Bessent Arrested

RunInRed

As a coach, you try and affect change in kids on and off the field. If they kick him to the curb, they know that his life will irrevocably affected. As a "family" member I think the coaches will try and alter his life positively. One way to think about it from the coaches view is, We need to get him away from that environment and teach him some discipline and responsibility.

This is my take on it as well.

As for Bessent, I don't think for a second that he's innocent of smoking weed, but aside from being a kid, I strongly suspect that's all he's guilty of.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't we hold the trial here? I can sew the costumes and Bird's uncle Goober can be the judge. And, look at all the expert witnesses we already have lined up and prepared to testify. The only thing more abundant than the legal expertise at our disposal, is our social and moral hypocrisy.

Ain't it great? ;)

:wareagle::flag:

.......It MAY not have been his, he may not have smoked it at all, but it is his JUDGEMENT that he went off with people in a car where there was drugs. Its a maturity issue and IMO shows a lack of good decision making.......

That's all true enough, but unfortunately, human males don't typically reach mental maturity until their mid-twenties. So immaturity and lack of judgement at 19 doesn't necessarily indicate hopelessness.

We need to be careful about setting unrealistic expectations of maturity for these kids. In part, that is what the next four years should be about.

Maybe you are right and his judgement and character are set. But let's at least see what the facts are before we decide to write him off.

I don't think its an unrealistic expectation to tell a kid to not hang out with friends that are driving around with a gun and weed in a car.

No it's certainly not "unrealistic" to give a kid advice.

What's unrealistic is to expect all 19 year-old's to always make adult decisions.

People in this country are way too wound up about weed and other drugs. The only thing that matters to me is that there were no charges for DUI/DWI. The "War on Drugs" should have ended long ago because it's simply an excuse and method for the government to wage war on the population.

People seriously arguing the matter of legalizing pot on an auburn football forum.. take it elsewhere please. Fact...KB got arrested for it. End of story.

The ironic thing is KB tweeted two days before his arrest that he doesn't understand why some girls chase after drug boys just because they have money, because what they are doing is illegal. He then said he planned to make money the legal way and he put a symbol of a football and money at the end of his tweet

I'm sorry to say but if any of you believe he was in a car and did not know there was pot in there I don't know what to tell you.....I do have some land on the moon that I'm selling really cheap if you're interested.

It MAY not have been his, he may not have smoked it at all, but it is his JUDGEMENT that he went off with people in a car where there was drugs. Its a maturity issue and IMO shows a lack of good decision making. This is a nearly 20 year old kid and I think he has two kids of his own.....come on. THREE DAYS AFTER SIGNING DAY. I feel pretty certain all these recruits get a speech from Gus when they sign......"You are an AU man now, you do what you need to do in school and keep your nose clean because once you signed that letter you represent Auburn, and we won't tolerate players who tarnish that". That includes making wise decisions about the company you keep.

How will Gus handle this, IDK. I think he will take a wait and see approach to let the facts come out and make a decision then, but honestly in the end I think he cuts him loose. Gus just doesn't seem to play with this stuff and after seeing the problems that arose under Chizik I'm sure he has a good reason why. Sometimes letting a good player go is the BEST thing to do for the entire team.....look at Michael Dyer. I guess Gus will do what he feels is the best thing to do for both AU and for this young man. Gus has shown all of us that he knows better than we do and he will do what is the best thing for AU and for the team, period.

This, 100%. It has nothing to do with high horses or illegal vs should be legal. It's all about putting yourself in situations that set you up for failure, and that includes associating with people who make bad choices.

I did drug interdiction for 5 years. Believe me, if there is 202 grams of marijuana in a car, you can smell it no matter how it is packaged or sealed. If you didn't know what the smell was, believe me, you'd ask what it was that smelled so bad.

That being said, we have to wait for the process to play out a little further before we can cast aspersions onto anything except for poor decision-making skills (which, for the record, are not illegal yet). I hope information comes out that he just got in the car 30 seconds before that and he'd never met the people before.

So, tl;dr: wait and see from our moral high ground? :gofig:

I agree. Not to mention, marijuana is, and will likely still be, illegal in NCAA competition. Whether or not it's legal in Florida is irrelevant. College athletes are still drug tested and marijuana is still an illegal substance in those terms.

AFA whether or not he should still come to Auburn, I think Gus is in the right position to make that determination once he reviews all of the facts of the situation. I will trust Gus's decision, whatever that ends up to be.

People seriously arguing the matter of legalizing pot on an auburn football forum.. take it elsewhere please. Fact...KB got arrested for it. End of story.

This. If you want to discuss such matters, please take them here: http://www.aufamily.com/forums/forum/3-politically-speaking/

Dude messed up, big time. There is no other way to spin this. That much pot in a car would have an odor, even if it wasn't being smoked. I hate it for him, but it's all about choices.

Possession with intent to distribute, is that what we're looking at? If so, KB needs to spill the beans as others have suggested. That's clearly not the same as a kid simply caught smokin a j. And yes, he needs a new set of friends imo.

The question is, what are the team rules about this situation? Do any of you know for certain? If he broke team rules, he should be dealt with accordingly. If he didn't, then he should stay. Captain Obvious has spoken! ;D

i am not very lenient to drug users. and pot is a drug. i never used much in my youth. didnt like it and never bought it or rolled it or let anyone in my car with it. but due to my youth and being where i was from there was not a huge choice of people to hang around with. i was in situations just like KB but luckily not arrested. as i got older and more mature i eliminated these people from my company. some of them grew out of it and some didnt. by the time a kid is 19 if he is bad i think most would already know it. My point is i think Gus has got this. there is no right or wrong answer to how to handle it without knowing more. for the most part i bet the coaches already know a lot about him and will give the kid a shot to grow up and get away from the situation.either way he will be on a very short leash.

I'm sorry to say but if any of you believe he was in a car and did not know there was pot in there I don't know what to tell you.....I do have some land on the moon that I'm selling really cheap if you're interested.

It MAY not have been his, he may not have smoked it at all, but it is his JUDGEMENT that he went off with people in a car where there was drugs. Its a maturity issue and IMO shows a lack of good decision making. This is a nearly 20 year old kid and I think he has two kids of his own.....come on. THREE DAYS AFTER SIGNING DAY. I feel pretty certain all these recruits get a speech from Gus when they sign......"You are an AU man now, you do what you need to do in school and keep your nose clean because once you signed that letter you represent Auburn, and we won't tolerate players who tarnish that". That includes making wise decisions about the company you keep.

How will Gus handle this, IDK. I think he will take a wait and see approach to let the facts come out and make a decision then, but honestly in the end I think he cuts him loose. Gus just doesn't seem to play with this stuff and after seeing the problems that arose under Chizik I'm sure he has a good reason why. Sometimes letting a good player go is the BEST thing to do for the entire team.....look at Michael Dyer. I guess Gus will do what he feels is the best thing to do for both AU and for this young man. Gus has shown all of us that he knows better than we do and he will do what is the best thing for AU and for the team, period.

This, 100%. It has nothing to do with high horses or illegal vs should be legal. It's all about putting yourself in situations that set you up for failure, and that includes associating with people who make bad choices.

I did drug interdiction for 5 years. Believe me, if there is 202 grams of marijuana in a car, you can smell it no matter how it is packaged or sealed. If you didn't know what the smell was, believe me, you'd ask what it was that smelled so bad.

That being said, we have to wait for the process to play out a little further before we can cast aspersions onto anything except for poor decision-making skills (which, for the record, are not illegal yet). I hope information comes out that he just got in the car 30 seconds before that and he'd never met the people before.

So, tl;dr: wait and see from our moral high ground? :gofig:/>

To say that anyone in a car with 8 ounces of pot in it will know by the smell or he "just had to know" (seriously?) is very possibly inaccurate for more reasons than I care to mention here.

My gut tells me best case scenario he knew he was riding with some smokers, but the jury is still out on all this, and we don't even know if that is true.

At the end of the day here are the facts.

1. He was arrested along with four others.

2. He was not driving the car.

3. From the reports, he has stated that "God knows the truth and he is going to stick with me through this if nobody else will!!"

3. We do not know anything else about the situation.

4. We are not judge and jury and should not try to be.

5. Coach Malzahn and the rest of the Auburn coaching staff are aware of the situation and will make a decision once all of the facts are in.

6. We should leave it alone and let the courts and our coaches deal with it, PERIOD!

The last time I traveled to Florida I had an open bottle of bourbon whiskey under the front seat and a loaded, cocked .45 pistol readily at hand. I expect to travel that same way the next trip.

Does this mean I get banned from the message board?

The last time I traveled to Florida I had an open bottle of bourbon whiskey under the front seat and a loaded, cocked .45 pistol readily at hand. I expect to travel that same way the next trip.

Throw in a couple hookers and you're my new hero! :)

Only if he provides pics :big:

I'm surprised no one has suggested the cops were members of the REC, and did this for flipping.smh

No, but your scholarship may be in jeopardy. ;)

So, tl;dr: wait and see from our moral high ground? :gofig:/>

To say that anyone in a car with 8 ounces of pot in it will know by the smell or he "just had to know" (seriously?) is very possibly inaccurate for more reasons than I care to mention here.

My gut tells me best case scenario he knew he was riding with some smokers, but the jury is still out on all this, and we don't even know if that is true.

I'm not speaking offhand. I searched for drugs for a living for 5 years with a drug dog. I've been in a lot of cars with weed in them.

That much pot will have an odor, and even if you can't identify that odor, you will notice it. That's not opinion, that's biology and chemistry.

I'm surprised no one has suggested the cops were members of the REC, and did this for flipping.smh

Well nobody wants to state the obvious :D

He was arrested. He is still innocent until convicted. The drugs were under both front seats. He was not driving only a passenger. There were smells of burnt weed, the report did not state that the smell was fresh. I suggest we support this young man with our good thoughts and prayers no matter the ultimate findings.

LOL! This sounds like a good start to a "Drive By Trucker's" song.

Archived