Report: Signee Kalvaraz Bessent Arrested

RunInRed

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The article I read said 202 grams which is in the half pound range and that's one hell of a night if you are going with personal use. The big deal is the gun. I ran hard in my past and never found it necessary to carry a gun. For me the gun indicates the he is - at best - a gangster wanna be and while he may be the greatest kid in the world I am sick of this crap at Auburn and would be in favor of giving someone who gives a damn, and is less likely to shoot someone, his scholarship.

This.

Taylorkeeten,

You and your ilk are the people who make Auburn fans look ignorant to the rest of the world. You and a lot of other posters here would not be so patient if this happened to another school

Ignorance is jumping to conclusions before you know all the facts. Your bridge is missing you

War Tiger,

I actually tried to post here multiple times during the season, but I couldn't log in for whatever reason. I was shocked when it let me log in yesterday. First time in several months I have been able to log in

War Tiger,

I actually tried to post here multiple times during the season, but I couldn't log in for whatever reason. I was shocked when it let me log in yesterday. First time in several months I have been able to log in

bwahahahahahaha. Thanks, that's the best laugh I have had in a while.

My gut feeling is that no matter how this turns out legally, i think he will be removed from the team. It really sucks...

I'm sorry to say but if any of you believe he was in a car and did not know there was pot in there I don't know what to tell you.....I do have some land on the moon that I'm selling really cheap if you're interested.

It MAY not have been his, he may not have smoked it at all, but it is his JUDGEMENT that he went off with people in a car where there was drugs. Its a maturity issue and IMO shows a lack of good decision making. This is a nearly 20 year old kid and I think he has two kids of his own.....come on. THREE DAYS AFTER SIGNING DAY. I feel pretty certain all these recruits get a speech from Gus when they sign......"You are an AU man now, you do what you need to do in school and keep your nose clean because once you signed that letter you represent Auburn, and we won't tolerate players who tarnish that". That includes making wise decisions about the company you keep.

How will Gus handle this, IDK. I think he will take a wait and see approach to let the facts come out and make a decision then, but honestly in the end I think he cuts him loose. Gus just doesn't seem to play with this stuff and after seeing the problems that arose under Chizik I'm sure he has a good reason why. Sometimes letting a good player go is the BEST thing to do for the entire team.....look at Michael Dyer. I guess Gus will do what he feels is the best thing to do for both AU and for this young man. Gus has shown all of us that he knows better than we do and he will do what is the best thing for AU and for the team, period.

Taylorkeeten,

You and your ilk are the people who make Auburn fans look ignorant to the rest of the world. You and a lot of other posters here would not be so patient if this happened to another school

That's because us auburn fans (and all fan bases) are pretty good at being hypocrites. Either way, no one should jump on any young man negatively until they know all the facts. Even then, instead of being negative or damning of him we should be offering a helping hand to get his life right. You know, the good Christian thing to do.

Right now he was in a car with some suspect items. No other info has been brought to light. No one in the car claimed the stuff so they all got arrested for it.

Everyone needs to get off their high horse of being quick to judge and thinking we are "better" then that.

We are human beings. We mess up. Auburn helps those athletes a lot of the time. Ask Nick Marshall, Cam Newton and the countless others that are better people because of the second chances they were given by the great university that you guys think is "better" then that type of athlete and should turn their backs.

The Montgomery Advertiser also reported the police found a handgun wrapped in a t-shirt under his seat. The case is not getting better. It is getting worse. If the reports are true, I will lose all respect for Gus if he keeps this kid

All four in the car were charged for the same offense because no one took ownership of the gun or the pot. When no one pointed to the other as being the owner it then became a burden to prove the charges correct or incorrect in court. Let the due process work. If he makes it into school is a different decision based on Gus's understanding of the situation.

I am an old fart and can tell you I have never driven down the road while drinking. (Wink,wink) while I know drinking is legal, it is not legal to drink and drive. Shame on me I should not have but I did,fortunately I never got caught or hurt anyone. I know pot is illegal all together but my point is we all do things we should not do in our lives. I am sure I still make decisions that are not the best at my age, it happens, learn from them and move forward. I don't know all of the circumstances in this situation but it appears he made a bad one in this case. I am not trying to make excuses for him but I think he should get the benefit of doubt in this case. If he is guilty then it is up to coach to make a decision about this young mans future at AU. By the way not that it matters but a guy named Dre Kirkpatrick got caught up in a deal something like this a few years ago in Fl. Don't remember all the details.

Everybody CHILL ! Wait for the facts. He most likely doesn't have any priors, otherwise he wouldn't have been recruited, would he ?

If the smell was that strong then entering the car was a serious lack of judgment on KB's part, then again, as Bigbird stated, the odor can linger for a looong time. This situation and the perceived threat of his future evaporating should scare him straight until he comes under the auspices of CGM and company.

If you've never had a friend pull crap on you, EVEN IF YOU RUN WITH MEN OF SOLID CHARACTER, then you've not lived. It happens.

What po's me more, and apparently is lost on everyone here, is that KB got into a CHARGER. The other problem is that his recruiting profile shows him as weighing 188# and stands 6'1", but his arrest record shows that he weighs 165# and stands 6'0"......now that's the pisser. He weighs 23# lighter and is an inch shorter than stated ? Did they pull that info off of an old driver's license or what ?

KB will most likely show up in O&B for the 2014 season.

WDE !!!

The Montgomery Advertiser also reported the police found a handgun wrapped in a t-shirt under his seat. The case is not getting better. It is getting worse. If the reports are true, I will lose all respect for Gus if he keeps this kid

...really? You will lose respect for him that fast? Just because he decides to give a kid a second chance? I doubt he will keep him on board but that was just an idiotic statement.

So, let's flip this a bit.....

If this was a boy on a full academic scholarship at AU, would it be your opinion that AU should pull their scholarship offer?

I had a friend my first year at AU that was coming in as a freshman and had a full ride academic scholarship, was arrested in June with a rather good sized bag of pot in his car in his hometown....and he lost his academic scholarship with a quickness. Extremely gifted kid, a 4.0 honors grad.

If this was a boy on a full academic scholarship at AU, would it be your opinion that AU should pull their scholarship offer?

I had a friend my first year at AU that was coming in as a freshman and had a full ride academic scholarship, was arrested in June with a rather good sized bag of pot in his car in his hometown....and he lost his academic scholarship with a quickness. Extremely gifted kid, a 4.0 honors grad.

Depends on the terms of the scholarship.

I'm sorry to say but if any of you believe he was in a car and did not know there was pot in there I don't know what to tell you.....I do have some land on the moon that I'm selling really cheap if you're interested.

It MAY not have been his, he may not have smoked it at all, but it is his JUDGEMENT that he went off with people in a car where there was drugs. Its a maturity issue and IMO shows a lack of good decision making. This is a nearly 20 year old kid and I think he has two kids of his own.....come on. THREE DAYS AFTER SIGNING DAY. I feel pretty certain all these recruits get a speech from Gus when they sign......"You are an AU man now, you do what you need to do in school and keep your nose clean because once you signed that letter you represent Auburn, and we won't tolerate players who tarnish that". That includes making wise decisions about the company you keep.

How will Gus handle this, IDK. I think he will take a wait and see approach to let the facts come out and make a decision then, but honestly in the end I think he cuts him loose. Gus just doesn't seem to play with this stuff and after seeing the problems that arose under Chizik I'm sure he has a good reason why. Sometimes letting a good player go is the BEST thing to do for the entire team.....look at Michael Dyer. I guess Gus will do what he feels is the best thing to do for both AU and for this young man. Gus has shown all of us that he knows better than we do and he will do what is the best thing for AU and for the team, period.

This, 100%. It has nothing to do with high horses or illegal vs should be legal. It's all about putting yourself in situations that set you up for failure, and that includes associating with people who make bad choices.

I did drug interdiction for 5 years. Believe me, if there is 202 grams of marijuana in a car, you can smell it no matter how it is packaged or sealed. If you didn't know what the smell was, believe me, you'd ask what it was that smelled so bad.

That being said, we have to wait for the process to play out a little further before we can cast aspersions onto anything except for poor decision-making skills (which, for the record, are not illegal yet). I hope information comes out that he just got in the car 30 seconds before that and he'd never met the people before.

So, tl;dr: wait and see from our moral high ground? :gofig:

That should not have effected his academic scholarship.

I hate the double standards we have in society. We love the genius of someone like the Beatles and hail them for all they gave the world of music in the 60's but never accept that those guys were smoking pot (and other drugs) during their most successful years. The kid is obviously smart with a 4.0 and other academic achievements. Why not let him go about his life as he wants as long as he upholds the academic standards that are expected?

If a kid at another school was arrested with massive amounts of weed and a gun under his seat and the scent of burnt marijuana inside the car, how many posters here would honestly believe the kid had no idea what was happening?

the fact that he's not talking isnt exactly a good sign. friends involved or not. he's about to start an important part of his life that will shape his future. at some point you have to decide which direction to go. for some it's in your 20's. this is his point right now.

I disagree. It simply indicates he already has a lawyer or he's just smart enough to keep his mouth shut until he gets one.

That should not have effected his academic scholarship.

I hate the double standards we have in society. We love the genius of someone like the Beatles and hail them for all they gave the world of music in the 60's but never accept that those guys were smoking pot (and other drugs) during their most successful years. The kid is obviously smart with a 4.0 and other academic achievements. Why not let him go about his life as he wants as long as he upholds the academic standards that are expected?

Because those are the rules?

I will never understand the logic of "I think it should be legal therefore I don't have to follow the law." That's not a principled stand, it's just being a criminal by definition. Is it right? No, probably not, and I foresee in the next 10 years that it will be legalized, and I have only small issues with that. The problem with the logic is that if it is applied broadly it leads to nobody following any law. Not saying you are advocating that, just that it's one logical end to that process.

The more curious logic to me, though, is the one about the Beatles. Am I reading it right that you are attributing their genius entirely to the drugs the did? I'm not saying you're wrong (Yellow Submarine says hello), but that's a strong causal inference to make.

Because he was ARRESTED and charged with a felony, that's why. Academics or not, these university still have charachter standards. I know two of the scholarships he got he had to go thru an interview process for.

Why would a university like Auburn award that much money to someone that they knew was a known drug user and was ARRESTED for as much, when there are hundreds of kids lined up behind him just as smart and just as deserving keeping their nose clean.

And his parents refused to pay for AU for him, he ended up going to Jefferson State for a while and then I don't know what happened to him....but he let drugs and poor decision making RUIN a very, very big opportunity. He was going to major in Pharamacy. It was very sad. But he did it to himself, no one else to blame.

Again, whether gifted athletically or academically, there should be (and there are) standards these universities should hold to, but it seems many times the athletes are held to a much lower standard for the sake of football and $$$$ than their academic peers who are JUST AS IMPORTANT to a university IMO.

Big Bird,

I am truly sorry that I do not make excuses for someone just because they play for Auburn like you do. I obviously have higher standards

Get off your cross, loser. Smoking pot, has nothing to do with your character. The only reason you could think otherwise is that you either don't know anyone who smokes, or more likely, you think you don't but really you're just the square that doesn't get invited to the good parties.

:laugh::hellyeah:

If this kid is not inherently bad, and just made a poor decision by getting into that car, then coming to Auburn would be of great benefit to him....a change of scenery, a much better environment, and a chance to grow up and find his way to a better life. I am not against that at all. He's young and he obviously needs some guidance. But this would need to be it. No more stupid choices that result in another arrest.

If this kid is not inherently bad, and just made a poor decision by getting into that car, then coming to Auburn would be of great benefit to him....a change of scenery, a much better environment, and a chance to grow up and find his way to a better life. I am not against that at all. He's young and he obviously needs some guidance. But this would need to be it. No more stupid choices that result in another arrest.

Assuming he comes out of this only partly scathed, then I agree with this completely. I worked with a lot of kids in exactly his situation, and a lot of times, they are in a decision-making echo chamber and the only way out is to get out and start over. I think AU, and especially THIS team with THIS leadership is a great place for him to get a chance.

Archived