Report: Signee Kalvaraz Bessent Arrested

RunInRed

The article I read said 202 grams which is in the half pound range and that's one hell of a night if you are going with personal use. The big deal is the gun. I ran hard in my past and never found it necessary to carry a gun. For me the gun indicates the he is - at best - a gangster wanna be and while he may be the greatest kid in the world I am sick of this crap at Auburn and would be in favor of giving someone who gives a damn, and is less likely to shoot someone, his scholarship.

How do you know it was his? He was the passenger, right? How do you know it wasn't in the glove box or under the driver's seat? I for one have never checked either places when I get into a friend's car. Have you?

The article I read said 202 grams which is in the half pound range and that's one hell of a night if you are going with personal use. The big deal is the gun. I ran hard in my past and never found it necessary to carry a gun. For me the gun indicates the he is - at best - a gangster wanna be and while he may be the greatest kid in the world I am sick of this crap at Auburn and would be in favor of giving someone who gives a damn, and is less likely to shoot someone, his scholarship.

How do you know it was his? He was the passenger, right? How do you know it wasn't in the glove box or under the driver's seat? I for one have never checked either places when I get into a friend's car. Have you?

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How could you ever trust this kid?I am sure the coaches told him how much we needed him,yet he still went out and got himself involved in selling drugs only two or three days after signing day. Better to go ahead and cut the cord now

You really are clueless, aren't you? If anything he got himself caught up in riding in a car he shouldn't have. In none of the reports has it been mentioned that the weed, gun, or paraphernalia was his. In fact, they have said they couldn't determine whom's it was. So, please, enlighten us all on how your clairvoyance has led you to the conclusion the officer's on scene couldn't conclude. While your at it can you give me tonight's powerball numbers too. If not, then take your ignorance elsewhere. It has been so nice not having to put up with your pissing and moaning all season. Interesting you only show up when there is something to complain and lament about. Whoa is you, now STHU.

Bird,

I agree with what you have stated. We don't know the exact truth of the matter so, Until we do, I agree with you about letting the wheels of justice work. People jump to too many conclusions. I never check someone else's car when I ride with them so I don't know if they have guns or drugs in the car...I hope not but you would never know.

Bird,

I agree with what you have stated. We don't know the exact truth of the matter so, Until we do, I agree with you about letting the wheels of justice work. People jump to too many conclusions. I never check someone else's car when I ride with them so I don't know if they have guns or drugs in the car...I hope not but you would never know.

Even if he knew, at that age, I'd bet most kids would think... no way will we get pulled over anyways.

Big Bird,

I am truly sorry that I do not make excuses for someone just because they play for Auburn like you do. I obviously have higher standards

I'm saying do not assume the worst until all the facts are in. If you were head coach, we would have a team of choir boys and we would never win a game. Would that make you happy? Everyone is not as perfect as you. If I were a 5* athelete at the age of 18 I could not have played on your team.

Let's wait and find out the rest of the details before making a decision. It is entirely possible that the pot belonged to the driver and he had it stashed under both seats because it wouldn't fit underneath one, or because he thought that he might be able to get away with a cop only finding one bag. The law says "Innocent until proven guilty", and there is not evidence to convict Bessent on the charges YET. I say yet because we do not know the entire story. We are missing important details such as: Who's pot was it? (Nobody claimed it). Did Bessent have drugs in his system? (No evidence yet that he was the one smoking).

Big Bird,

I am truly sorry that I do not make excuses for someone just because they play for Auburn like you do. I obviously have higher standards

Bird isn't "making excuses" he is waiting to hear the entire story before making a decision. Anything can sound terrible if you phrase it the right way, for instance someone could say "AUEngineer2016 takes at least 20 pills a night.", and to someone who didn't know that I have Leukemia, it would sound pretty bad. But once that little tidbit of information comes out, the initial accusation sounds a lot different. Media will intentionally make things sound a lot better or worse (depending on the subject matter and the source of the article) in order to draw in readers to their site.

Big Bird,

Was it his pot? Was it his gun? How do you know he just didn't make a bad decision about getting in the car?

This could go either way depending on what the facts are. Facts which are yet to be known.

Perhaps he is a bad risk and he should be dismissed. But it would be a damn shame if he were denied a second chance over making a dumb mistake. That's not making excuses. That's just being deliberate and fair.

Bird,

Even if he knew, at that age, I'd bet most kids would think... no way will we get pulled over anyways.

True most teenagers have that invincible feeling and the "That won't happen to me attitude"...time will tell what the real story is...

Big Bird,

No one is making excuses, I'm just calling out the BS you are spewing. BTW, I accept your apology.

Big Bird,

None is making excuses, I'm just calling out the BS you are spewing. BTW, I accept your apology.

:bow:

the fact that he's not talking isnt exactly a good sign. friends involved or not. he's about to start an important part of his life that will shape his future. at some point you have to decide which direction to go. for some it's in your 20's. this is his point right now.

Big Bird,

Get off your cross, loser. Smoking pot, has nothing to do with your character. The only reason you could think otherwise is that you either don't know anyone who smokes, or more likely, you think you don't but really you're just the square that doesn't get invited to the good parties.

The only argument to support a claim that pot is bad is that it is illegal (most places) -- but so were a lot of things before the stupids were kicked back under their rock. Interracial marriage, believing in certain religions in the wrong time and place, believing the earth was round, wearing clothes of two different fabrics, and women coming outside during their period were at one time capital offenses that any idiot can see were not just laws; the law doesn't justify itself.

Those laws were put on the books by people who wanted to use pot as a political cudgel; a means to criminalize behavior, not because it was harmful, but because that behavior was linked to groups who held an ideology that was counter to the PTB.

It is in fact anti-american to believe their should be laws for any other reason than to protect one person's rights from their violation by another person. All laws based on tastes and preferences are unjust and should be ignored or violated as a matter of conscience.

the fact that he's not talking isnt exactly a good sign. friends involved or not. he's about to start an important part of his life that will shape his future. at some point you have to decide which direction to go. for some it's in your 20's. this is his point right now.

He's probably not talking because talking before you get a lawyer is stupid.

If the situation presented itself appropriately, the officer didn't really have to smell anything to search the car. That's a clever legal maneuver to justify the search. So it's entirely possible the tags came back suspicious or the car was known to be involved before and walking up to the car the officer knew he was going to search. It's entirely possible KB had no idea he was riding dirty in a hot seat.

But to further the point, cars and apartments that have had weed smoked in them have the same dank odor to them and it's possible KB was just used to this vehicle smelling of weed. This doesn't clear KB from ever smoking drugs or making bad choices for his friends, but it does clear him from our judgements for now.

However, if he's guilty, he's gone. No questions asked.

i mean if he had no involvement and was just in the car he should say it. if it was his friends, just say it.

I seriously doubt he will ever wear an Auburn uniform. Gus hasn't shown any tolerance for this type of behavior.

What planet have you been living on? Cam Newton, Mike Dyer and Nick Marshall all got a second chance from Gus.

My thought is that when this settles out, Bessent won't need a second chance because he will be released with all charges dropped. Not having any facts to the contrary and assuming the staff did due intelligence before they signed him the most likely explanation is he was riding around with the wrong kids. Big Freakin' Deal!

Big Bird,

No you are jumping to conclusions without all the facts.

How could you ever trust this kid?I am sure the coaches told him how much we needed him,yet he still went out and got himself involved in selling drugs only two or three days after signing day. Better to go ahead and cut the cord now

Can you just shut up already? You have not done anything except talk straight crap about this kid. Hold the bad mouthing, until you actually know what we really happened. Until then be quiet. You are making yourself look very ignorant.

You really are clueless, aren't you? If anything he got himself caught up in riding in a car he shouldn't have. In none of the reports has it been mentioned that the weed, gun, or paraphernalia was his. In fact, they have said they couldn't determine whom's it was. So, please, enlighten us all on how your clairvoyance has led you to the conclusion the officer's on scene couldn't conclude. While your at it can you give me tonight's powerball numbers too. If not, then take your ignorance elsewhere. It has been so nice not having to put up with your pissing and moaning all season. Interesting you only show up when there is something to complain and lament about. Whoa is you, now STHU.

Yes. Yes he is.

Big Bird,

Yes. Yes you are.

Of course he's completely clueless. It is definitely convenient how this toolbox hasn't posted in a while, yet as soon as something negative happens, he's here spouting off his ignorant nonsense with no foundation. He's a troll..

Archived