2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

Why is this in the Marshall thread?

Because I'm a dumb ass & forgot to initially paste the Marshall article. It's fixed now.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he truly does want to play for AU, but has a willing female dog that he likes to throw a bone too, and he is just getting what he can before he becomes a tiger. How would the recruiting world act if he came out and said that? You know what I mean...scooter's are fun to ride, but don't want your friends knowing about it...

Marshall looks like a beast. Reminds me of Lawson, physically in his senior year. I hope he sticks with us, but if he doesn't, he doesn't. If he flips, you have to believe curby might be using the "surprise flip on signing day" tactics he learned in turdland. Although this one would not be hidden well.

Or Marshall could be doing it himself. He has shown repeated through his recruitment he likes the drama.

Call me crazy but I think what our program needs is, LESS drama. Not more............

Marshall looks like a beast. Reminds me of Lawson, physically in his senior year. I hope he sticks with us, but if he doesn't, he doesn't. If he flips, you have to believe curby might be using the "surprise flip on signing day" tactics he learned in turdland. Although this one would not be hidden well.

Auburn would love to flip players on signing day. We did to Horton last year I believe. I'm not sure why you have this idea that flipping a player on signing day is sketchy. If Marshall does flip, it certainly won't be a surprise either.

If Marshall or other players flip, I sure hope Gus and his staff knows this might happen and they have a strong back up plan to quickly give some schollies to guys who might not have got one anyway.

If Marshall or other players flip, I sure hope Gus and his staff knows this might happen and they have a strong back up plan to quickly give some schollies to guys who might not have got one anyway.

I'd rather use it on a GT or 2017 EE.

Auburn would love to flip players on signing day. We did to Horton last year I believe. I'm not sure why you have this idea that flipping a player on signing day is sketchy. If Marshall does flip, it certainly won't be a surprise either.

I said it wasn't hidden well, therefore not a surprise. It appears as though the kid is wavering heavily and instincts tell a lot of folks he is gone. Technically, no one here really knows, I suppose.

Flipping on signing day is not necessarily a sketchy thing, but curby was involved in a couple of them with us that I would label as sketchy. In all fairness though, this kid was playing games before curby got there.

AUC has removed David Marshall on the AU commit list & fully expect him to sign w/ UGA. We will wait til a public announcement to make the change in the thread title here.

AUC has removed David Marshall on the AU commit list & fully expect him to sign w/ UGA. We will wait til a public announcement to make the change in the thread title here.

I just looked at our commits and he is still on there. Am I missing something?

It's in the process of being done but per a thread title over there they no longer view him as an AU commit.

It's in the process of being done but per a thread title over there they no longer view him as an AU commit.

Oh ok. Thanks

because the offer is revoked, as he was told if he visited again this weekend, see ya. He does not have a committable offer any more.

because the offer is revoked, as he was told if he visited again this weekend, see ya. He does not have a committable offer any more.

He gone.

That's still TBD. All AU sites are saying we are still trying to land him.

saying it, cuz it is one of the few things that might get hits and subscriptions leading up to signing day, saying we are going after him after how he has handled himself publicly results in explosion threads the next 3 days and signing day and maybe one day after

saying it, cuz it is one of the few things that might get hits and subscriptions leading up to signing day, saying we are going after him after how he has handled himself publicly results in explosion threads the next 3 days and signing day and maybe one day after

Saying us still going after him would have little to no extra click impact. People will still click regardless because DM has created so much drama. People will want to let their feelings be known regardless, especially those who have shown the judgement to hold back for now.

Anything beyond that we just gotta agree to disagree & just wait til WDEWDE comes on & says if we did indeed pulled it or not. I know the post where he said we would but he did not sound as sure of that in a later post.

You know, kids are going to do stuff like this here and there, but when this recruit did not do what was asked of him, we had no choice but to let him go. I wish the kid the best and hope things will work out ok for him, but we cannot have this type of behavior left unchecked.

If I remember correctly, Marshall signed the financial papers with AUburn so the coaches can continue to communicate with him until signing day or he tells them to kick rocks.

If I remember correctly, Marshall signed the financial papers with AUburn so the coaches can continue to communicate with him until signing day or he tells them to kick rocks.

No he did not sign FA papers. If he had & we communicated in dead periods more than allowed for non FA signees (which we didn't & don') then AU would be retroactively ruled to commit recruiting violations and lose a few schollies & or IC spots if DM would not sign an NLI w/ AU.. See LSU.

As of now Marshall does not have an AU offer anymore. Could change if he calls AU but don't look for anyone on AU's staff to give him a call. CRG might call his Grandmother but not David himself. And that call is just a heads up and a "respect" call.

As of now Marshall does not have an AU offer anymore. Could change if he calls AU but don't look for anyone on AU's staff to give him a call. CRG might call his Grandmother but not David himself. And that call is just a heads up and a "respect" call.

And that's the tidy bow we've been looking for. His loss.

Do you know this for an absolute fact?

Do you know this for an absolute fact?

Not 100%. But I'm sure its true. The window is open for David to call AU but don't look for a AU coach to call David directly.

Archived