2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

I'm happy to read the last string of posts since that means after we have our class signed, nobody will be bragging about it being a top 10 class...nor will anyone be explaining why not being a top 10 class is immaterial if the coaches get who they want. So, we should just accept the guys the coaches wanted to sign ....and watch to see how many are here in two years and whether the coaches can "coach em up".

I'm fine with that view......as long as anyone who makes some comment about our recruiting class rankings in the future should be reminded that the * ratings and rankings are not really important. I was thinking to give that famous....".xxxxxx says hello" using the name of one of our 5* recruits who did not pan out.....just to be a smart*** but decided not to do so.

Meanwhile, I think I will take another look at our Class of 2014 and see if that tells me anything.

I don't follow.

It's probably going to be a top 10 class. That is important. Not sure what that has to do with Marshall?

If you got "recruiting rankings don't matter at all" from "when coaches disagree with recruiting services, believe the coaches", then you misunderstood.

Also, I'm not sure why people keep calling Marshall a 3* as though that's an insult. I guess that's the same line of thinking that leads to clown crap like whoever said we should tell Marquis McClain to hit the road because we have more highly rated WRs on our board.

Recruiting rankings matter but they're not gospel.

I always look at a players offer list. For me, the true measure is how many and WHICH D1 schools offer a player. DM maybe 3*, but UGA, UAT, AU, UT, UCLA, Clemson, and Miami (and others) coaches all, based on their knowledge and experience, took a risk and offered him one of their 25 precious scholarships. For me, that is the most valuable rating.

I only get worried when we recruit a 3 star player and his offer list includes AU, East Carolina, New Mexico, Southern Miss, Tulane, and Memphis state.

He doesn't have an offer from UAT.

All I can go by is what ESPN, RIVALS, and 247 says, but they all say he does FWIW...

He doesn't. He called Bama his "dream school" while he was committed to Auburn the first time. Also, he decommitted from Auburn because Saban wanted him too but yet Saban still hasn't given him a committable offer.

If that's true he deserves to end up at Kentucky or some place like that. :)

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy to read the last string of posts since that means after we have our class signed, nobody will be bragging about it being a top 10 class...nor will anyone be explaining why not being a top 10 class is immaterial if the coaches get who they want. So, we should just accept the guys the coaches wanted to sign ....and watch to see how many are here in two years and whether the coaches can "coach em up".

I'm fine with that view......as long as anyone who makes some comment about our recruiting class rankings in the future should be reminded that the * ratings and rankings are not really important. I was thinking to give that famous....".xxxxxx says hello" using the name of one of our 5* recruits who did not pan out.....just to be a smart*** but decided not to do so.

Meanwhile, I think I will take another look at our Class of 2014 and see if that tells me anything.

I don't follow.

It's probably going to be a top 10 class. That is important. Not sure what that has to do with Marshall?

If you got "recruiting rankings don't matter at all" from "when coaches disagree with recruiting services, believe the coaches", then you misunderstood.

Also, I'm not sure why people keep calling Marshall a 3* as though that's an insult. I guess that's the same line of thinking that leads to clown crap like whoever said we should tell Marquis McClain to hit the road because we have more highly rated WRs on our board.

I always look at a players offer list. For me, the true measure is how many and WHICH D1 schools offer a player. DM maybe 3*, but UGA, UAT, AU, UT, UCLA, Clemson, and Miami (and others) coaches all, based on their knowledge and experience, took a risk and offered him one of their 25 precious scholarships. For me, that is the most valuable rating.

I only get worried when we recruit a 3 star player and his offer list includes AU, East Carolina, New Mexico, Southern Miss, Tulane, and Memphis state.

All I can go by is what ESPN, RIVALS, and 247 says, but they all say he does FWIW...

He doesn't. He called Bama his "dream school" while he was committed to Auburn the first time. Also, he decommitted from Auburn because Saban wanted him too but yet Saban still hasn't given him a committable offer.

Again, just going by what all the major recruiting sites have posted. If we can't go by that, we really have no way of knowing who has an offer from ANY school as coaches are not allowed to comment on who they have offered.

Anyway, those are my sources, what is your source?

I don't follow.

Again, just going by what all the major recruiting sites have posted. If we can't go by that, we really have no way of knowing who has an offer from ANY school as coaches are not allowed to comment on who they have offered.

Anyway, those are my sources, what is your source?

most AU paid site reporters have made this clear, others in the know that have earned their credentials have also said as much. just read through the 42 pages or take someones word!!!! lol

This whole David Marshall thing has gotten really interesting to see what will happen.

I don't follow.

He does but not a commitable 1. Those sites don't make designation differences for cxommitable versus noncommitable offers. If the recruits tell the sites they have an offer no matter what the contingencies may be, the sites report the offer.

Yes we do. Listen to people who have followed things very closely throughout the process & use your instincts when reading articles.

JMO but the Marshall situation is more interesting to me because of the process right now than whether he actually signs with us. I just don't see him being the key to our class this year...but it is fun to read the back and forth about who knows (or doesn't know) what this guy is thinking, who he favors and where he will end up. Personally I've already moved on from him and if he ends up with AU I l will take it that we "flipped" him from someone....otherwise, I'm not counting on seeing him in AU colors next year.

Frankly it was much more fun following the Rueben circus since he looked like a real game changer for AU and it was obvious we were almost desperate to get him....and AU had the full court press on. Marshall.? :dunno: I'm good either way he decides....just will be happy when the sun sets on signing day.

Yes we do. Listen to people who have followed things very closely throughout the process & use your instincts when reading articles.

You both have a point. The recruiting sites generally go by what the kids tell them. Thus it sometimes appears that UAT has offered 200 players in one class. However, the guys at the recruiting sites, particularly the ones that follow a certain team, are paid to "listen closely and follow their instincts". They should be tempering the wild claims of recruits with some semblance of reason. They are the only real source that's available to the public.

The bottom line: Schools cannot publish who does or does not have a "committable" offer, which is actually the only real offer there is, a non-committable offer being hogwash. The school knows, the player, his parents and probably his high school coaches know. Everybody else is guessing about whether an offer is committable or not because school aside, the rest of them can say anything they choose to say.

When you're dealing with info being passed mouth to mouth very rare can you 100% it. Then when you add in variables like constantly moving players, coaches you really have some obstacles.

Example next year if we recruit the safety woods out of Florence, I don't care what any guru, insider or whatever says none would have more info into his recruiting than me...when he's gone and signed the next year I may not know any info on one single recruit....

Different people means different relationships. If everybody understands that and not get their feelings hurt when somebody hears something different than anybody else there's no issues.

You both have a point. The recruiting sites generally go by what the kids tell them. Thus it sometimes appears that UAT has offered 200 players in one class. However, the guys at the recruiting sites, particularly the ones that follow a certain team, are paid to "listen closely and follow their instincts". They should be tempering the wild claims of recruits with some semblance of reason. They are the only real source that's available to the public.

The bottom line: Schools cannot publish who does or does not have a "committable" offer, which is actually the only real offer there is, a non-committable offer being hogwash. The school knows, the player, his parents and probably his high school coaches know. Everybody else is guessing about whether an offer is committable or not because school aside, the rest of them can say anything they choose to say.

When you're dealing with info being passed mouth to mouth very rare can you 100% it. Then when you add in variables like constantly moving players, coaches you really have some obstacles.

Example next year if we recruit the safety woods out of Florence, I don't care what any guru, insider or whatever says none would have more info into his recruiting than me...when he's gone and signed the next year I may not know any info on one single recruit....

Different people means different relationships. If everybody understands that and not get their feelings hurt when somebody hears something different than anybody else there's no issues.

Strong these posts are, very strong indeed.

This is what happened. Mr. Marshall went to UGA for a visit and was bitten by UGA whatever number of ancestors the mutt is. Now I am going out on a thin limb of a 250 foot tree with this one.

Mr. Marshall signs with UGA mainly due to us Signing Mr. Brown and Mr. Gary. The tea leafs were a bit frayed on the edges of which makes getting this whole prediction thing a bit rough at times. But as I have said, I have a 61.8% rate of predicting things that happen. Not all of them, but enough to make things interesting.

It is all in fun my friends!

Marshall talks out of both sides of his mouth, according to the latest article on al.com. In the article he said he is still strong to Auburn. Then later he tweets he still has not made a decision. If I didn't know better I'd say the song "Should I stay on should I go is about him.

Marshall talks out of both sides of his mouth, according to the latest article on al.com. In the article he said he is still strong to Auburn. Then later he tweets he still has not made a decision. If I didn't know better I'd say the song "Should I stay on should I go is about him.

Maybe he's genuinely torn?

Best case scenario, he's trying to add drama to his moment in the sun-- assuming he still has an AU offer.

i would have helped him make his mind up about two weeks ago....thats all that i will say about this young man for the present time

Marshall interview from today

Two visits in as many weekends to Georgia do not mean Auburn commitment David Marshall is flipping to the SEC East rival on signing day.

At least that's the word from the three-star defensive end after visiting Georgia on Sunday.

"I am still strong to Auburn," Marshall told Scout.com. "I just wanted to go back up there with some guys I knew to get one more look at everything. My commitment has not changed."

Marshall tweeted later, however, that he has not made a decision. Signing day is Wednesday.

Marshall visited Georgia with friend and defensive lineman Tyler Clark.

Marshall's dance with Auburn has been a long one. He committed to the Tigers on March 7 and then rescinded his verbal commitment June 2. He re-committed to Auburn on Oct. 30.

He has visited Auburn eight times over the last two years.

Marshall said Jan. 18 he planned to stick with Auburn despite visits to Georgia and Ole Miss on the horizon. He cancelled the Ole Miss visit, however, to visit his home-state school on consecutive weekends.

Marshall looks like a beast. Reminds me of Lawson, physically in his senior year. I hope he sticks with us, but if he doesn't, he doesn't. If he flips, you have to believe curby might be using the "surprise flip on signing day" tactics he learned in turdland. Although this one would not be hidden well.

Marshall looks like a beast. Reminds me of Lawson, physically in his senior year. I hope he sticks with us, but if he doesn't, he doesn't. If he flips, you have to believe curby might be using the "surprise flip on signing day" tactics he learned in turdland. Although this one would not be hidden well.

Or Marshall could be doing it himself. He has shown repeated through his recruitment he likes the drama.

Or Marshall could be doing it himself. He has shown repeated through his recruitment he likes the drama.

True.

Archived