2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

You also have to admit, if Marshall is going to flip to Georgia, Smart wants it to be on the biggest stage possible and give the media every reason to play it up as a major deal.

It seems a big reach to me to think that the kid orchestrated the whole thing himself, but that's the prevailing sentiment around here.

Of course, it doesn't bother me in the least that there's a ceremony, regardless of who put it together.

Guess well find out how fall Smart fell from the Saban tree if Marshall does flip.

How will Marshall flipping having any bearing on how far CKS fell from Saban?

The way it's being handled... big production on signing day while he's still committed to Auburn. That screams bama all the way. If Smart is going to be a classy coach, and he knows he's getting Marshall, he should tell him to decommit and do things the right way.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way it's being handled... big production on signing day while he's still committed to Auburn.

It screams as much if not more that Marshall likes & wants the attention which he has already proven he likes & wants it through his whole recruitment. For the time being it speaks more to DMs personality than anything about CKS.

The way it's being handled... big production on signing day while he's still committed to Auburn.

It screams as much if not more that Marshall likes & wants the attention which he has already proven he likes & wants it through his whole recruitment. For the time being it speaks more to DMs personality than anything about CKS.

Agree to disagree, IF Smart knows that he is going to flip. If Smart doesn't know, or he doesn't flip, then it's all on Marshall.

i've had a little bit of a change of perspective on Marshall ... i'd look at it from his point of view ... this is just a possibility and using his recruiting rankings as a "guide" ... DM is a 3* and ranked 21st at his position. He could have easily gone to a middle of the pack school and never looked back, but he has been flirting with a few of the biggest of the big boys in college football.

He secures himself a spot on one of the teams that wants him and looks around at some of the others. Some schools will quickly drop a kid for someone better (I think Auburn tends not to do that, but I bet a significant number of Auburn fans would drop a player of Marshall's level for Gary?) and he wanted to make sure he had a secure spot on a top 25 school and stay in the sec.

Quite simply, it looks like a business decision type of deal. Anyone who even dabbles around recruiting dealing with a kid who is on the fringe of being one of the top players, buuuuuut not quite there understands you can get jacked around by the recruiting monster.

Dumb question do we know if he has gone to UGA today or is it to early to know? As it is already 4 and most Seniors get out of school early.

Dumb question do we know if he has gone to UGA today or is it to early to know? As it is already 4 and most Seniors get out of school early.

That's what I have been waiting for. Other than what he said last week, I haven't heard him confirm that he is going back to UGA this weekend. I was hoping to hear something from him on twitter or whatever other source after his talk with Gus where he was given the visiting ultimatum.

That's what I have been waiting for. Other than what he said last week, I haven't heard him confirm that he is going back to UGA this weekend. I was hoping to hear something from him on twitter or whatever other source after his talk with Gus where he was given the visiting ultimatum.

Yea he went there. A Georgia beat writer with a weird name confirmed it on Twitter. I believe his name is Radi or something like that

Agree to disagree, IF Smart knows that he is going to flip. If Smart doesn't know, or he doesn't flip, then it's all on Marshall.

Marshall has proven he's going to do whatever he wants with his recruiting process so there is no way to know if CKS is culpable or affect DM's decision on his ceremony or how he flips even if CKS knows DM is flipping. If CKS wants him no matter what DM has all the power on how he does his flip or ceremony.

Don't concretely know but as of this morning he is supposed to be going to UGA w/ UGA commit Tyler Clark.

Yea he went there. A Georgia beat writer with a weird name confirmed it on Twitter. I believe his name is Radi or something like that

I read something like that somewhere, but I thought he said that Marshall was expected to visit, rather than confirming it.

I think I also read another recruit who's visiting Athens say he was looking forward to seeing Marshall there.

:dunno:

You also have to admit, if Marshall is going to flip to Georgia, Smart wants it to be on the biggest stage possible and give the media every reason to play it up as a major deal.

It seems a big reach to me to think that the kid orchestrated the whole thing himself, but that's the prevailing sentiment around here.

Of course, it doesn't bother me in the least that there's a ceremony, regardless of who put it together.

Guess well find out how fall Smart fell from the Saban tree if Marshall does flip.

The way it's being handled... big production on signing day while he's still committed to Auburn. That screams bama all the way. If Smart is going to be a classy coach, and he knows he's getting Marshall, he should tell him to decommit and do things the right way.

Smart wants to maximize the PR from a new commit. We do the same type of thing all the time, do we not?

Smart wants to maximize the PR from a new commit. We do the same type of thing all the time, do we not?

No. To my knowledge, we've not had a signing day flip of a player who was committed to another school, certainly not since Gus was here. We've had flips where they decommitted and then committed to us prior to signing day, and we've had signing day wins, but the signing day, on TV flip is not something Gus would approve of.

the signing day, on TV flip is not something Gus would approve of.

Coughing...bull-oni. Every coach takes priority targets when they can get them, even a NSD TV flip, that includes Gus.

Also While NSD flips suck for the team getting flipped it does not mean a negative character flaw automatically for the recruit or coach that gets the W. I am baffled at this line of thinking & logic.

Is it a fact that Marshall was told by Gus that if he goes to UGA this weekend he needs to have other options besides Auburn?

WDE reported it, so TIFWIW.

Is it a fact that Marshall was told by Gus that if he goes to UGA this weekend he needs to have other options besides Auburn?

We won't get factual proof. All we have is WDE's info which has been right more than not.

I fully include myself in this statement, but it is funny that we have 39 pages devoted to a 3* recruit who will probably not meaningfully contribute to this team (or to UGA when and if he decommits) for at least 3 years.

Score: David Marshall 1 - AU fans - 0.

I fully include myself in this statement, but it is funny that we have 39 pages devoted to a 3* recruit who will probably not meaningfully contribute to this team (or to UGA when and if he decommits) for at least 3 years.

And just think. It would be 79 pages right now if the number of posts per pages was not changed from 10 to 20 a few months ago.

No. To my knowledge, we've not had a signing day flip of a player who was committed to another school, certainly not since Gus was here. We've had flips where they decommitted and then committed to us prior to signing day, and we've had signing day wins, but the signing day, on TV flip is not something Gus would approve of.

That's all accurate I believe, but I was referring to the overall tactic of getting all the positive exposure you can when a recruit comitts to a particular program. It's like us asking a recruit to hold off his announcement til a given day because we're having a big recruiting weekend or something. Same idea, slightly different execution. I can see why it bothers people though

I bet if someone started a thread on penguins we could get 40 pages out of it. We just like to talk and discuss lol

That's all accurate I believe, but I was referring to the overall tactic of getting all the positive exposure you can when a recruit comitts to a particular program. It's like us asking a recruit to hold off his announcement til a given day because we're having a big recruiting weekend or something. Same idea, slightly different execution. I can see why it bothers people though

Yea the big difference is, while both shine a positive light on the school that lands the commitment, the signing-day flip does it at the expense of the school that loses the commit... and often costs them a key player because it's too late to fill that spot.

Archived