2016 Recruiting Board (Updated: 2/17/16)

WarEagleAU

The way Georgia has lost their last 2 games, it isn't helping their cause with these 4 * and 5 * recruits. I hope Gus move Garner to TE coach and bring in Rocker to coach the DL.

Rocker ain't coming back to AU. Next stop is back in the NFL.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way Georgia has lost their last 2 games, it isn't helping their cause with these 4 * and 5 * recruits. I hope Gus move Garner to TE coach and bring in Rocker to coach the DL.

^^this^^ imo

^^this^^ imo

By Auburn posters standards if Rocker's d line performance in the Al and Tn games had been at AU his job and ability would be called into question.

^^this^^ imo

By Auburn posters standards if Rocker's d line performance in the Al and Tn games had been at AU his job and ability would be called into question.

lol so true

I see a lot of early enrollees in this class. My question is: By being an early enrollee, these young men will start school this January. I wish all of our recruits could be early enrollees so that they could have a spring camp underneath their belts of which would give them an edge compared to the recruits that start in Fall camp.

If you're asking why all signees couldn't just enroll early, it's dependent upon how many scholarship football players are still enrolled. If a player who finishes his senior year of eligibility in the fall is still in school in the spring, he still counts against the 85 (at least as I understand it, that is).

Now, usually, this isn't a big deal. I don't blame kids for spending their last semester of high school relaxing before starting summer camp (and for the record, academics are the ONLY reason freshmen are not enrolled in summer classes immediately following their graduation from HS), especially if they are expected to redshirt their first year on the Plains...which will likely be more frequent going forward, as we continue to stockpile talent and mold players into Malzahnian Monsters of the Gridiron. ;)

Before Georgia hired Tracy, y'all kept saying he would never leave the NFL to coach at Auburn or with any other college team. If Malzahn moves Garner to coach TE's or else where and offers Rocker, I believe he'll come back to Auburn if the money is right.

Before Georgia hired Tracy, y'all kept saying he would never leave the NFL to coach at Auburn or with any other college team. If Malzahn moves Garner to coach TE's or else where and offers Rocker, I believe he'll come back to Auburn if the money is right.

Rock didn't leave the NFL. The Titans staff he was on were fired. As for coming back to AU, anything is possible but all indications are he is staying there til his kids graduate.

Personally I would like Mizzou's DL coach if Garner is moved or let go.

Garner didn't leave the NFL. The Titans staff he was on were fired. As for coming back to AU, anything is possible but all indications are he is staying there til his kids graduate.

Early morning typo E. I think you meant to say Rocker wasn't retained by the Titians. Happy to see your posts.

We only have 11 commitments at the moment. We need to get the ball rolling because it's not like we are in the middle of the summer anymore.

It will be a miracle if we can get to 22 which is plus 11 in 3 whole months and some change.

He's been doing a helluva job, hasn't he?

Unbelievable job have to take your hat off to him

I wouldn't mind seeing Terry Price come back to AU. May have orchestrated one of the best DLs at AU in '05 and developed maybe the best OLB AU has ever had in Dansby.

On top of that, he has developed MG into an outstanding DE and has another (Hall) coming on that makes for an insane pass rush.

We only have 11 commitments at the moment. We need to get the ball rolling because it's not like we are in the middle of the summer anymore.

It will be a miracle if we can get to 22 which is plus 11 in 3 whole months and some change.

How many recruits do yall think we will sign this year? Please do not clutter the board with the pointless talk of getting Missouri's DL coach when he has been with Pinkel for the past 23 years. That coach sure can put some players into the NFL but he also watched Auburn run it down their throat in the SEC championship game.

How many recruits do yall think we will sign this year? Please do not clutter the board with the pointless talk of getting Missouri's DL coach when he has been with Pinkel for the past 23 years. That coach sure can put some players into the NFL but he also watched Auburn run it down their throat in the SEC championship game.

Well at least you said please

Well at least you said please

74 carries 545 yards.

According to my accounting we used all available slots last year so there are no "count back" slots available.That means can sign up to 25 this time. I'm hoping we can get 25 good prospects to sign with us but looking around right now I don't know exactly where they'll come from.

According to my accounting we used all available slots last year so there are no "count back" slots available.That means can sign up to 25 this time. I'm hoping we can get 25 good prospects to sign with us but looking around right now I don't know exactly where they'll come from.

25 would be awesome at this point.

Again. SMH. We'll get to 23-24. We just have to keep getting quality kids and fill positions of need.

24. We are counting Jamel Dean in the 2016 class per all AU sites.

Again. SMH. We'll get to 23-24. We just have to keep getting quality kids and fill positions of need.

Shake your head all you want. The clock is ticking tick tock.

I love the optimism. I will have what you're having. Tell Gus I said hi because he must be telling you some good stuff. :/

I love the optimism. I will have what you're having. Tell Gus I said hi because he must be telling you some good stuff. :/

I'm not having anything. Teams almost always fil their numbers even if star quality declines in doing so. As long as you and Jeff have folowed recruiting y'all should know that by now. And for the record, I never said we would keep getting the same quality. Just said we would fill the numbers which was the point of my OP.

Archived