2015 3* P Ian Shannon commits to AU!

JFDTiger80

I think you have to offer scholarships to kickers these days. It is such an important part of the game and Gus knows this. 247 and others sources say Ian has an offer. You don't offer many kickers scholarships, but you better offer them to the right kickers.

Exactly. Good kickers can win games.

And bad kickers set up 109 yard returns, which I'm told are less fun to watch when the other team is doing the returning

The other thing Bama's bad kickers did in our game was miss 4 field goals. You can't do that and expect to win championships. I want awesome kickers on our team.

What makes those last 2 posts even more funny is both Kickers are on scholly and were both near the top of their recruiting classes at the kicker or punter position.

What will be funny is if Mikey takes up the cause and becomes the Expert Evaluator of All Things Kick-related, then proceeds to post a lot about how we've under-recruited the position. The time is ripe. We've got a hit-rate of 50% on our current kickers. We need two. So, we need to sign at least 4.

;D

Epic fail, Britt! Apples and oranges! The London fogs must have fogged your brains! Our success rate with kickers is nowhere near the dismal results that linebacker recruiting has suffered through. Three of the last four scholarship kickers (that includes Carlson, apparently) have succeeded. The jury is still out on Hutch, RS freshman year is too early to move a kicker to the scout team.

Plus, in recruiting, we've been able to cherry-pick the nation's top kickers. The #1 guys coming out of the summer camps have signed with Auburn. The only LB we've signed in recent years that was on the prospect level of the kickers was Tre Williams.(Frost's 5* ranking was mostly due to his ability at WR)

Then too, "next level" kickers are available as walkons. Next level LB's can get scholarships.

:laugh:

Well, you might think it was a fail; but my intent was to allow you one more opportunity to express your heartfelt argument about our LB situation.

I'd say I succeeded.

:tease:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Mikey had to worry about our kickers AND our linebackers, he would end up in a group home exclaiming "Four!! "

That's 'fore!', laddie.

;)

You are right, and I knew that. I was talking about a movie in which a psycho yelled "four!"patch-adams-robin-williams-mental-patient-four-fingers-question.jpg

If Mikey had to worry about our kickers AND our linebackers, he would end up in a group home exclaiming "Four!! "

That's 'fore!', laddie.

;)

You are right, and I knew that. I was talking about a movie in which a psycho yelled "four!"patch-adams-robin-williams-mental-patient-four-fingers-question.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ya got me on that one (and could easily get me on most any movie reference)!

My bad for associating golf with 'fore'!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well anyways, me and Britt (how's that, grammar freaks?) are pretty good buddies. Just a couple of good ol' boys havin' a little fun before gettin' down to business Saturday. Shore do wish Lawson and Therezie were good to go, their presence would make up for shortcomings in, uh,,,, other areas.

That's 'fore!', laddie.

;)

Actually, in Mikey's case, "four" would be right ... He would be reminding us how many linebackers we need to sign each year.

That's 'fore!', laddie.

;)

Actually, in Mikey's case, "four" would be right ... He would be reminding us how many linebackers we need to sign each year.

Four each year until the situation is corrected. After we've got some all-SEC quality LB's on the squad, three should suffice.

That's 'fore!', laddie.

;)/>

Four each year until the situation is corrected. After we've got some all-SEC quality LB's on the squad, three should suffice.

If we need four linebackers, I bet our staff needs 6 for the star position ;-)

That's 'fore!', laddie.

;)/>

If we need four linebackers, I bet our staff needs 6 for the star position ;-)

Correct. Four LB's is two per position. So far, we've signed three for one Star position, if those who keep insisting certain of our commits can't possibly be intended for LB are to be believed.

Well he was offered before the season started, CGM may have had doubts about Carlson so he offered Shannon as a backup just in case? I'm just spitballing here.

He committed to the good guys! War eagle Ian! But I must ask why? Carlson looks good and is a freshman.

https://twitter.com/...342399870210049

1. The staff does not want DC pulling triple duty for 4 years and 2. staff is likely wanting more progress from Hutch than they're getting.

Well he was offered before the season started, CGM may have had doubts about Carlson so he offered Shannon as a backup just in case? I'm just spitballing here.

Pretty sure there are no doubts on DC other than the strain of putting triple duty on him.

Doubts on Carlson?

The doubt lies on Hutchison who looks like a total bust.

He committed to the good guys! War eagle Ian! But I must ask why? Carlson looks good and is a freshman.

https://twitter.com/...342399870210049

1. The staff does not want DC pulling triple duty for 4 years and 2. staff is likely wanting more progress from Hutch than they're getting.

Exactly. The staff wants a punter and a kicker.

Carlson had a great first week, but his leg may get tired kicking and punting. This kid we just got is crazy, amazing. He is another Carlson. We are very lucky to get him. He was 14 of 16 kicking last year. He only missed 2 long kicks. He boots almost all his kickoffs so they can not be returned.

Just my opinion but Parkey making the Eagles may have helped here. Kickers have a hard time breaking into the NFL and Parkey did.

Awesome get for us. This is really great news.

Added a rating, prokicker.com profile, and clutch field goalvideo in the OP

The subject says he is a punter but I think he will be a kicker. He kicks off out of the end one and is extremely accurate as a field goal kicker. 14 of 16 last year and the misses were very long.

Doubts on Carlson?

The doubt lies on Hutchison who looks like a total bust.

Hence the words "before the season".

Pretty sure there are no doubts on DC other than the strain of putting triple duty on him.

That's why I said before the season...

Hence the words "before the season".

This kid punts as well as kicks.

Trust me, the staff already knew that Carlson was pretty good and that Hutchison was looking bad well before the season started. This had nothing to do with Carlson.

Archived