Welcome back Coach Will Muschamp

bikeriderga

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is gonna be fun....

If there ever was a time to brick up the façade at Jordan Hare... There will be plenty of material in the toilets of Tuscaloosa.

hehehe... 6847747.jpg

Well guys it was a Hell of a week! We laughed, we cried, some made corny jokes, some bickered, and some people even impersonated pro wresters. One of the most memorable, annoying, and cherished threads of all time! But hey, we did it guys!

ps: I think we know what our intro song is going to be, at least for the season opener, "Here comes the Boom" ;)

if not its a travesty!

War eagle everybody!

Will Will coach for the Outback Bowl?

I'm sure that will all be addressed tomorrow in the presser.

He will coach in the Outback bowl and the practices leading up to the Outback bowl

^^^^ YES!!

Welcome home CWM!!!

Well guys it was a Hell of a week! We laughed, we cried, some made corny jokes, some bickered, and some people even impersonated pro wresters. One of the most memorable, annoying, and cherished threads of all time! But hey, we did it guys!

ps: I think we know what our intro song is going to be, at least for the season opener, "Here comes the Boom" ;)

if not its a travesty!

War eagle everybody!

I resemble that remark! It was all in fun and Coach Malzahn got the guy he wanted. One last time. Ooooooooooooooooh Yeah!!!

ps: I think we know what our intro song is going to be, at least for the season opener, "Here comes the Boom" ;)/>

if not its a travesty!

War eagle everybody!

Good idea! Haven't we used Boom by POD for the intro song before? Maybe during Muschamp's previous stint at Auburn?

if not its a travesty!

War eagle everybody!

I resemble that remark! It was all in fun and Coach Malzahn got the guy he wanted. One last time. Ooooooooooooooooh Yeah!!!

Thats become your signature! Cant stop now! lol

This is gonna be fun....

If there ever was a time to brick up the façade at Jordan Hare... There will be plenty of material in the toilets of Tuscaloosa.

They actually HAVE toilets in west vance?

This is gonna be fun....

They actually HAVE toilets in west vance?

Yes, it's called Bryant-Denny.

CWM is getting over 1.6 million per year from auburn and about the same amount each year from Florida for the next 4 years.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/12/will_muschamp_reportedly_hired.html#incart_river

AUBURN, Alabama -- Former Florida coach Will Muschamp has agreed to become Auburn's next defensive coordinator, Auburn has announced.

A source close to the process informed AL.com of the hiring Friday night.

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn pursued Muschamp for nearly two weeks and struck a deal that is expected to make Muschamp the highest-paid coordinator in college football with a salary above $1.6 million, a source told AL.com.

"My family, Carol, Jackson, Whit, and I are excited about coming back to Auburn and I look forward to working with coach Malzahn to win championships," Muschamp said in a statement released by Auburn.

Muschamp will be introduced during a press conference Saturday morning.

"I'm excited to welcome Will back to Auburn as our new defensive coordinator," Malzahn said in a statement. "Will is a one of the top defensive minds in college football who has great passion and energy for the game. He is a tremendous addition to our staff."

Muschamp, who coached Auburn's defense in 2006 and 2007, finished his Florida coaching career Nov. 29 in a 24-19 loss at Florida State. He was 28-21 in four seasons leading the Gators, including a trip to the Sugar Bowl following the 2012 season.

The hiring gives Auburn's high-powered offense an equal on defense, where the Tigers have struggled since Muschamp left the Plains following a two-year tenure in 2007. Meanwhile, Auburn's offense has ranked in the top 20 nationally in Malzahn's first two seasons, averaging 495.7 yards in 26 games.

Muschamp takes over an Auburn defense that allowed 31 points or more in its final six SEC games of the season, the worst stretch in school history. Auburn has not ranked in the top 30 in total defense since 2008, when the Tigers allowed only 317.8 yards per game.

Florida ranked no lower than ninth nationally in total defense during Muschamp's four-year tenure. His defenses ranked in the top 10 during his five-year run as defensive coordinator at LSU and Auburn, too. The Gators' worst season? A No. 8 ranking in total defense, allowing 314.3 yards per game.

Muschamp's coaching chops as a defensive coordinator at Auburn and Texas landed him the head coaching job with the Gators in 2011. His Auburn defense led the SEC in scoring in 2007 and ranked seventh in the NCAA in 2006.

Defense was not what led to Muschamp's ouster at Florida, however. Futility on offense, which resulted in a 6-5 record this season, led to his demise with the Gators.

Florida is set to pay Muschamp roughly $6.3 million in buyout money following his firing in Gainesville, according to reports. His salary at Auburn will not affect Florida's payments over the next four years.

Malzahn set out to hire the "best coordinator" in the country and may have snagged just that in Muschamp nearly two weeks into the search. Malzahn fired Ellis Johnson as the defensive coordinator less than 24 hours after the Tigers' 55-44 loss to No. 1 Alabama in the Iron Bowl on Nov. 29.

Auburn paid Johnson a salary of $850,000 per year and will owe him $2.2 million in buyout money through June 2017.

Malzahn said Sunday he was not yet certain if a new defensive coordinator would help coordinate the defense as the Tigers prepare for No. 18 Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl on Jan. 1. Charlie Harbison, who serves as the safeties coach, could handle play-calling duties in the bowl game if needed.

I'd take 25% of Muschamp's defense being called by Muschamp over 100% of EJ's defense being called by Harbison any day.

I think what Jonesey mentioned -- the fact that Wisky is so one-dimensional -- really helps us in terms of bowl prep. Boom can focus on stopping the run; and if we can do that, we likely win the game.

I saw that Muschamp ran a 4-3 back in his old Auburn days. Are we running a 3-4 next year or not?

He ran a combination of both. More 4-3 than 3-4 though. I would guess we'll be running a 4-3 more initially since we don't have the personnel yet to run a 3-4 very effectively.

I saw that Muschamp ran a 4-3 back in his old Auburn days. Are we running a 3-4 next year or not?

I've been reading it will be a bit of both. I'm not sure what will be the base, but I suspect it will be 4-3 with a multiple look.

Archived