The beginning of the end of hyper partisanship?

DKW 86

http://www.theatlant...is-edge/383503/

Very nice read about how some in the media scream machine are starting to growup.

But Erickson also wrote that he had forged unlikely friendships at CNN, with liberal commentators like Begala, James Carville, and Donna Brazile. “I’ve learned that some of the people I grew up thinking were in the enemy’s camp, so to speak, are spectacular people who share many of the same interests and opinions I do,” he wrote. “Because of CNN I’m not just better at my job, but I’m a better person.”
“A lot of conservatives are now where liberals were after 2004—hysterically angry about things they have no business being angry about,” Erickson told me. “I think if you believe in a heaven, a hell, a savior who died and rose again, and a last day on which you’ll win because he wins, you probably should spend a lot less time getting worked up over the temporary politics of the here and now.”

http://www.theatlant...is-edge/383503/

Very nice read about how some in the media scream machine are starting to growup.

But Erickson also wrote that he had forged unlikely friendships at CNN, with liberal commentators like Begala, James Carville, and Donna Brazile. “I’ve learned that some of the people I grew up thinking were in the enemy’s camp, so to speak, are spectacular people who share many of the same interests and opinions I do,” he wrote. “Because of CNN I’m not just better at my job, but I’m a better person.”

Ratings are down, time to stir the pot and get the callers...............my bad wrong thread thought it was Finbaum haha.

Will read it, these guys that basically do the Finebaum thing with politics do contribute to quite a few problems. Be good to see them lose some slant.

I doubt it. Outliers here and there. Good read, though.

Seriously doubt an end to partisanship is likely as long as republicans remain at least somewhat consistent to their ideals of smaller government, strong national defense and the values of traditional family. Besides, most of the extreme poisonous hyper-partisanship comes from the left. They're never going to stop being that way. They love to convulse about how poisonous Limbaugh is but ignore death threats, prank calls like having Erickson's home "swatted" and other insanity pulled by self righteous left wingers who feel they are genuinely the good guys and their outrage is not only justified but in order. They claim the Tea Party is more dangerous than ISIS yet laud the Occupy Wall Street crowd as noble dissenters. Is it not the least bit funny that dissent during a republican administration is characterized as the pursuit of the noble virtues of freedom but the dissent during a democrat administration is always portrayed as the poisonous rantings of radical right wing racist white men?

The media will never allow an end to the partisanship as they stoke the flames at every opportunity. A few liberal talking heads seeing beyond the politics of one guy is not the beginning of anything.

Seriously doubt an end to partisanship is likely as long as republicans remain at least somewhat consistent to their ideals of smaller government...

9b5.jpg

Seriously doubt an end to partisanship is likely as long as republicans remain at least somewhat consistent to their ideals of smaller government, strong national defense and the values of traditional family. Besides, most of the extreme poisonous hyper-partisanship comes from the left. They're never going to stop being that way. They love to convulse about how poisonous Limbaugh is but ignore death threats, prank calls like having Erickson's home "swatted" and other insanity pulled by self righteous left wingers who feel they are genuinely the good guys and their outrage is not only justified but in order. They claim the Tea Party is more dangerous than ISIS yet laud the Occupy Wall Street crowd as noble dissenters. Is it not the least bit funny that dissent during a republican administration is characterized as the pursuit of the noble virtues of freedom but the dissent during a democrat administration is always portrayed as the poisonous rantings of radical right wing racist white men?

The media will never allow an end to the partisanship as they stoke the flames at every opportunity. A few liberal talking heads seeing beyond the politics of one guy is not the beginning of anything.

Well said.

Archived