Travaris Robinson will join the Auburn coaching staff

RunInRed

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back Coach Robinson! Glad to have that guy back.

Until I hear anything remotely sourced, I suspect this is our coaching staff. Last time Will came to Auburn he made one change.

Until I hear anything remotely sourced, I suspect this is our coaching staff. Last time Will came to Auburn he made one change.

That was an entirely different situation back then.

The last time Muschamp came to AU, our D staff was solid to good across the board. This situation is far different.

wde

Fair. But he doesn't have a history of cleaning house (didn't do it at UT either), and from reputable sources, the only guy that was told he would not be back was Coach Smith. That came from multiple outlets. No word about anyone else other than message board speculation.

And I think it's ridiculous to pretend like Melvin Smith, Rodney Garner, and Cheese Harbison have anything else than sterling resumes. Sometimes it doesn't work, but that doesn't make them bad coaches.

As I said previously, CWM will cut the cheese! Seriously folks, in more than 1 way.

Fair. But he doesn't have a history of cleaning house (didn't do it at UT either), and from reputable sources, the only guy that was told he would not be back was Coach Smith. That came from multiple outlets. No word about anyone else other than message board speculation.

Again it wasn't a matter of bad staff and performance. They needed a replacement DC because Chizik decided to take the Iowa State HC job.

So, T-Rob is a big time recruiter? Seems we have a few of those on staff now.

We definitely need it on the D side of recruiting. This years D class leaves a whole heck of a lot to be desired

I think defensive recruiting was lacking due more to CEJ than the position coaches. We've gotten the attention of several recruits that didn't have Auburn on their radar since WM was hired.

You would think some of these AU coaches took some posters lunch money...lol

Technically, since AU is a public university then yes, some coaches are stealing money from us taxpayers in general.

You do know that the athletic department at AU pays its own way, right?

Almost. Several years that it wouldn't have if it didn't use student fee's in tuition bills to help subsidize it.

So, T-Rob is a big time recruiter? Seems we have a few of those on staff now.

It is an important part of the job. You really can't afford to have anyone that isn't.

Yeah, I guess I just meant that my impression is that we now have a few of the "best"

Technically, since AU is a public university then yes, some coaches are stealing money from us taxpayers in general. But more specifically, the entire D staff stole money from AU this past season based on what they are being paid.

wde

Cmon man...

Technically, since AU is a public university then yes, some coaches are stealing money from us taxpayers in general.

Without the public university there would be no athletic department. It is a symbiotic relationship, but ultimately, without public funding AU (and the AU football program) would cease to exist.

wde

Yes, but that doesn't mean that a single cent of your tax dollars went towards paying these coaches. That makes about as much sense as saying your tax dollars paid for some fraternity band party just because the organization is Auburn affiliated.

Without the public university there would be no athletic department. It is a symbiotic relationship, but ultimately, without public funding AU (and the AU football program) would cease to exist.

wde

Yes, but that doesn't mean that a single cent of your tax dollars went towards paying these coaches. That makes about as much sense as saying your tax dollars paid for some fraternity band party just because the organization is Auburn affiliated.

If I could get an itemized receipt showing me that not a single cent of my tax dollars went to paying our coaching staff then I will agree with you. Agree with you about some fraternity band party, but I doubt that we are paying some Frat member six figures to produce academic scholars.

wde

wde

If I could get an itemized receipt showing me that not a single cent of my tax dollars went to paying our coaching staff then I will agree with you. Agree with you about some fraternity band party, but I doubt that we are paying some Frat six figures to produce academic scholars.

we

The portion of money that is tied up in contracts for old coaches is probably 0.1% of the University's annual budget. Not only is there new construction going on all the time, but they have to pay electricity bills for those buildings, then pay people to keep them clean. Then, they have to pay professors to come teach in those buildings (and I can guarantee you that is not cheap). On top of that, you have to pay for things like food in the Student Center, people to work at the restaurants on campus, and landscaping around campus. Then you add in the materials needed for classes (such as aluminum stock for my DML class, chemicals, etc.), vehicles for maintenance workers, gas and upkeep for those vehicles, RA's for dorm rooms, software and hardware for the computer labs that are constantly being updated, and the parking services folks to come around and give me $50 tickets for parking in a guest spot when all the Handicapped spots are taken, then other parking services folks to argue with me when I appeal that $50 ticket, and it all adds up to a LOT more money than we are paying ex-coaches. So if you want to argue about the few cents that you are paying in taxes to Ellis Johnson, that's a-okay, but it seems like a bit of a waste of time to me.

Archived