Micheal Barrow Candidate to Join Staff at AU

autigeremt

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barrow is a Miami legend. I would love to get this guy. At the same time, I know his heart is in Miami. Along that same line, I really wish that Takeo Spikes would go out and get coaching experience. If he can prove that he can coach, I would love to bring Takeo home.

If he is going to be the guy, this needs to happen asap so he can get on the recruiting trail. With him and R-Rob on staff, we will soon be the school of choice by many Florida recruits who otherwise would sign with state schools or worse...bammer and so forth.

One thing for sure, we will start really giving saban fits on the recruiting and winning front.

hmm seems to me that some of those that impeach CRG for his defensive line play give Gus a pass during his last year as OC because he was "Handcuffed by a the CGC". One wonders if perhaps CRG was"handcuffed by CEJ". :dunno:/>

He was, and probably far more than most realize. CRG is a very good coach, and deserves the opportunity to be able to coach under a fine defensive mind.

hmm seems to me that some of those that impeach CRG for his defensive line play give Gus a pass during his last year as OC because he was "Handcuffed by a the CGC". One wonders if perhaps CRG was"handcuffed by CEJ". :dunno:/>

He was, and probably far more than most realize. CRG is a very good coach, and deserves the opportunity to be able to coach under a fine defensive mind.

CRG has put a heck of a lot of DL in the NFL. That is not speculation.

3357656.jpg

Only one guy noticed the photographer?

We need an LB coach with that kind of awareness! Also, is it just me, or does it look like Garner just said something about Muschamp's Mama? :-)

My response is going to make folks mad, but Garner should be on his knees thanking the PTB that Muschamp did not have enough pull to replace him on the D staff. Garner is on the clock. Our DL needs to show a lot of improvement next year. We have more than one recruiter on staff that, today, is every bit as good as RG (based on his level of effort in this regard the last few years). So, RG needs to step WAY up as an on the field coach. I really hope he proves me wrong.

wde

Be careful. He's an Auburn man, so that automatically qualifies him for the job no matter what. Anything else is heresy. Forget that our defensive line has been atrocious.

I am sorry, but whatever legitimate points you occasionally make are nullified by the absolutely moronic ones. So, thanks, but I want other more reasonable support.

wde

lmao

3357656.jpg
Only one guy noticed the photographer?
We need an LB coach with that kind of awareness! Also, is it just me, or does it look like Garner just said something about Muschamp's Mama? :-)
My response is going to make folks mad, but Garner should be on his knees thanking the PTB that Muschamp did not have enough pull to replace him on the D staff. Garner is on the clock. Our DL needs to show a lot of improvement next year. We have more than one recruiter on staff that, today, is every bit as good as RG (based on his level of effort in this regard the last few years). So, RG needs to step WAY up as an on the field coach. I really hope he proves me wrong.wde
Be careful. He's an Auburn man, so that automatically qualifies him for the job no matter what. Anything else is heresy. Forget that our defensive line has been atrocious.
Besides the fact that Stat has pointed out the interior DL production was actually slightly higher this year vs the previous year and that the problems with DE were the biggest issues, that's not enough. Those were issues we knew we had going in. Despite that you two both don't want RG as DL coach.Just for gits and shiggles here are stats from just 4 games in Tracy Rockers last season as DL coach in 2011. Alabama 213 yards rushing, 1 sack, Georgia 304 yard rushing, 2 sacks, MSU 333 yards rushing, 1 sack, Utah State 227 yards rushing, 1 sack. Overall we got 22 sacks that year vs 21 this year. We gave up 189 yards per game rushing in 2011 in 12 games. In 2014 in 13 games we gave up 168 yards per game. So tell me again how RG is a terrible DL coach. You have your mind made up based on nothing but emotion and the performance overall of the defense and blame it all on him.

Was there a reason given why he was eating lunch with the Auburn coaches?

It was too early in the day to eat dinner together.

And too late for breakfast.

Barrow is a Miami legend. I would love to get this guy. At the same time, I know his heart is in Miami. Along that same line, I really wish that Takeo Spikes would go out and get coaching experience. If he can prove that he can coach, I would love to bring Takeo home.

Has Spikes ever indicated he wanted to get in to coaching?

Not really. He hasn't attempted to get into it so far.

posters here can't grasp this.

Right. I'm not getting the Spikes infatuation shown on this board.

He's a former Auburn player. Was a great NFL player, full of fire and all of that. That's all the qualifications you need.

He's a former Auburn player. Was a great NFL player, full of fire and all of that. That's all the qualifications you need.

god I hope you're joking

I guess so. For some.

god I hope you're joking

Of course I was joking. That's essentially the argument used by some for hiring him.

Archived