Super Bowl Game Thread

around4ever

ESPN: Best 12th-Man moment: During the national anthem, performed by Idina Menzel, the in-stadium video board flashed the dour image of Belichick. The crowd, probably more than 75 percent Seahawks fans, booed lustily, momentarily drowning out Menzel. Even the traditional jet flyover didn’t do that.

I mean really? Booing during the NA should never be mentioned in the "best" of anything.

:no:/>

I'll third that

4th. I've never liked Belichick. But boo to anyone booing, or thinking about the video board, during the National Anthem!

In fact, why is the video board showing anything other than a U.S. flag during the N.A? :dunno:

{I wouldn't even boo Saban during a wedding, a funeral, a church service, or the National Anthem. With him, however, any most other time is fair game!}

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't stand the damn Seahawks because of their terrible attitude. First of all, Richard Sherman: need I say more? Marshawn Lynch: I know people loved him saying he was only at media day "not to get fined", but really dude? You have the best job in the world. You're getting paid millions just to play a damn sport. Get over yourself. We all have things in our jobs we hate to do. Your job is to entertain people, and if people want you at media days then go with a good attitude and quit acting so entitled. With everything they were sore losers last night.

Bad call and bad execution on the play. Butler made a heck of a play. Key also was the db that jammed kearse at the line. Kearse was supposed to pick Butler but getting jammed allowed Butler to run straight and make the play. If boom and T-Rob can get our secondary to do that, man what a difference we'll see.

Game on the line, ball at the one, hardest running RB in the NFL in your backfield.....so let's call a quick pass play into the middle of about 20 huge players pushing and shoving each other at the goal line.

Great call Pete.

As for booing during the NA....gotta say, the way that gal was warbling along, a person could have taken a trip to the men's (or women's) restroom and gotten back before she mercifully finished butchering it.

Interesting to me to hear Carroll talking about why they threw it, then to hear Revis talk about their actual D formation. Carroll was claiming NE was in a goal-line D, so they had to throw the ball. Revis said they were in "goal-line 3 corner" and that they expected Seattle to throw.

I gave Carroll props for taking responsibility; but I wish Carroll could just say that he blew it, rather than trying to justify the call. He could even say something like 'you win some, like with the call at the end of the first half; you lose some, like with the call at the end of the game'. That would be preferable to saying they made the right call.

Somebody brought this up last night on one of the radio shows. That was reminiscent of the BCSCG against Texas. That's not the first time he's done this kind of thing in the big game..

The other goofy thing I keep hearing is all the people claiming he did that because he didn't want Lynch to be the MVP of the game or something along that line. Gotta love the tinfoil hats.

The best RB in the league + A half yard to win the Super Bowl + You pass = The worst play call in Super Bowl history.

^^This^^ absolutely DO NOT PASS in that situation

If Gus made a call like that in ANY game, let alone a championship game, to lose the game this board I think this website would have to be shut down.

Had the shoe been on the other foot and Brady had been the QB in that situation, he would have called an audible to the run. The QB has that option available. Wilson is still young and did not make the call. No one is mentioning this but, it is a reality. Wilson is not without fault IMHO.

Had the shoe been on the other foot and Brady had been the QB in that situation, he would have called an audible to the run. The QB has that option available. Wilson is still young and did not make the call. No one is mentioning this but, it is a reality. Wilson is not without fault IMHO.

Not every play has an audible in there, especially in that situation. A young quarterback like him, even though he already has one SB ring, is not going to be given that kind of latitude. We all think Lynch would have scored but in 5 earlier situations, in this SB and last year, similar to that, they gave the ball to him 4 times and he scored once. It wasn't the worst call in the world to throw the ball. Browner jammed Kearse at the line and Butler just made a great play. Russell also put the ball in the wrong spot too. Seattle had the alignment they wanted for that play. NE just executed better

Not every play has an audible in there, especially in that situation. A young quarterback like him, even though he already has one SB ring, is not going to be given that kind of latitude. We all think Lynch would have scored but in 5 earlier situations, in this SB and last year, similar to that, they gave the ball to him 4 times and he scored once. It wasn't the worst call in the world to throw the ball. Browner jammed Kearse at the line and Butler just made a great play. Russell also put the ball in the wrong spot too. Seattle had the alignment they wanted for that play. NE just executed better

You may be right. We'll probably never know. Just hard to believe an NFL QB doesn't have an audible in his pocket.

Completely agree with your last statement.

That last play wiped out most of the profits for the Vegas bookies. While I don't gamble it always fascinates me all the different ways you can bet on this game. http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/update/25017373/browns-quarterback-johnny-manziel-in-treatment-program

Two guys actually managed to sneak into the game. Pretty cool I think. ttp://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/irish-super-bowl-fans-sneak-into-arena-for-seats-worth-25000-10023836.html?origin=internalSearch

Two guys actually managed to sneak into the game. Pretty cool I think. ttp://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/irish-super-bowl-fans-sneak-into-arena-for-seats-worth-25000-10023836.html?origin=internalSearch

links not working but googled. Thanks for sharing

Archived