2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

Come on. This is getting old. let's focus on the kids and recruiting and hopefully bringing in a great group. Everyone should breathe a minute before they post. Not trying to call out anyone here, just would prefer it if we acted like the family we all love.

It seems pretty civilized here. What's the problem?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on. This is getting old. let's focus on the kids and recruiting and hopefully bringing in a great group. Everyone should breathe a minute before they post. Not trying to call out anyone here, just would prefer it if we acted like the family we all love.

It seems pretty civilized here. What's the problem?

Obviously JFD was attempting to make the arguments disappear....now you want details of the arguments from him? Come on now lol

Cowart is gonna be great anywhere he goes. I know our staff has worked extremely hard to recruit him to AU. Signing day can't get here quick enough

The bottom line is that we try to sign as many quality players that we feel will become top end SEC caliber players across all positions on both sides of the ball. A good mix of 3,4,5 star players will do the job. I will be more than happy to land a top 12 class. I feel that we will definitely be a top 10 when all is said and done. I feel that with the staff we have in place on now, we will definitely be in the position to be able to coach up the talent we have and will sign. If you have all 11 starters on both sides of the ball that are all 4&5 star players and cannot coach them up to the point of being top tier SEC performers, then we are wasting our time attempting to win conference and national titles.

He is already leaving his visit per Twitter. his mom had to go into work in Tampa. Good for us

I'm going to go full on sunshine pumper here ... He went to personally tell the coaches he was going to auburn.

He is already leaving his visit per Twitter. his mom had to go into work in Tampa. Good for us

I'm going to go full on sunshine pumper here ... He went to personally tell the coaches he was going to auburn.

I like that idea

How right I wish you were.

Man I wish

UF fans on twitter not confident at all that they get any of the defensive guys; Cowart, Holland, Jefferson, and Davis. Most still feel like they are in good shape with Ivey.

UF fans on twitter not confident at all that they get any of the defensive guys; Cowart, Holland, Jefferson, and Davis. Most still feel like they are in good shape with Ivey.

That's probably what I would predict, but I have a good feeling about Ivey for some reason.

If it was just about his mother having to work, with this being an official visit, UF could of paid for his return trip no? That HAS to be good for us.

I think either:

he went to tell them in person he wouldn't be signing with them

Or perhaps he was recruiting for us and UF coaches asked him to leave.

There has to be more to it than "mom got called to work so I have to leave."

Am I correct in my understanding that UF could of provided his way back home from an official?

I would love to have Ivey, but we need players on defense way worse so I could reluctantly accept losing out on him if we get all of the high profile defensive players that we're after.

Valid point here re: BC leaving UF early...

@Ellitor_AU: Excellent point by @AUJonesy. Cowart was on an official visit. If he wanted to stay Florida could have gotten him home.

Archived