DOJ Won't Prosecute Wilson

Proud Tiger

Yes, it is a crazy narrative to believe that he was casing houses for Rx cough syrup. It's just dumb. Use common sense.

Not so crazy if you think about it. He's acquired two of the three ingredients needed to make his favorite concoction. He has a history of burglary. Now...he's not looking for houses with a "Codeine in here" sign. He's looking for houses that appear to be likely targets to burglarize. Maybe he gets lucky in the medicine cabinet and if not there, finds some items he can easily sell and convert to codeine on the street.

An experienced burglar is coming up short, what do you think he'll do about it? Request donations at a local fire station? I think he looks for a house that appears vulnerable to burglary.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To say you have no problem with the outcome is mindboggling. The very same set of facts we have could just as easily have played out that Martin was simply walking home. Zimmerman follows him because he doesn't recognize him and finds him suspicious for no real reason beyond the recent burglaries, being a young black kid he didn't know, wearing a hoodie that partially covered his face and that Zimmerman demonstrably has his own history of aggressiveness and lack of self-control. He decides to follow Martin on foot who at this point is wary and getting a little freaked out. Zimmerman catches up and initiates an argument and a physical confrontation figuring he's got a gun if things go south. Martin starts kicking his ass and he shoots him.

Something makes me think if Martin had been white, there would be a completely different perspective on this situation.

If he were white, it would be easier of us white people to identify with Martin. Thick of yourself at that age being stalked and accosted, at night. Or imagine Martin as your son.

I don't know if it's racism, but there is an undercurrent of something disturbing running through Blue's argument. Maybe just a lack of empathy. I think all his empathy is with Zimmerman, because he identifies more with Zimmerman.

I agree with your first sentence. The unfortunate truth? We would not be discussing the tragic death of a white man. JMHO.

I am not sure I get your point.

So THAT is the reason for wasting time and tax $$$.......

Yeah let's keep those black folks down huh? What a waste of money. Sarc off. I bet if I got a look at your email inbox I'd find some just like the ones mentioned above.

Sounds kind of petty to me. And using a homerism, "doesn't take much to set you guys off does it?" :laugh:

Yeah let's keep those black folks down huh? What a waste of money. Sarc off. I bet if I got a look at your email inbox I'd find some just like the ones mentioned above.

Sounds kind of petty to me. And using a homerism, "doesn't take much to set you guys off does it?" :laugh:

Write your own friggen material! :beatmullet:

Sounds kind of petty to me. And using a homerism, "doesn't take much to set you guys off does it?" :laugh:/>

Write you own friggen material! :beatmullet:/>

;D

Yes, it is a crazy narrative to believe that he was casing houses for Rx cough syrup. It's just dumb. Use common sense.

Not so crazy if you think about it. He's acquired two of the three ingredients needed to make his favorite concoction. He has a history of burglary. Now...he's not looking for houses with a "Codeine in here" sign. He's looking for houses that appear to be likely targets to burglarize. Maybe he gets lucky in the medicine cabinet and if not there, finds some items he can easily sell and convert to codeine on the street.

An experienced burglar is coming up short, what do you think he'll do about it? Request donations at a local fire station? I think he looks for a house that appears vulnerable to burglary.

It is crazy if you think about it. It's only 'not crazy' if you don't. You're stretching the bounds of credibility to somehow make Zimmerman's actions logical and reasonable. And what's worse is, you're doing so now with the full knowledge that Zimmerman has proven himself to be anything but a calm, logical or reasonable person. His actions consistently show him to be a reactive, easily provoked, temperamental headcase easily given to power trips and volatile behavior.

Even a kid like Trayvon would know the risk to reward ratio is not very good on burglarizing a house and coming up with the magical third ingredient (which narrative, by the way, is far from conclusive...more like speculation and conjecture).

Again, I'm not saying you have to buy the sainthood, poor little innocent boy routine some concocted about him right after. You can acknowledge his problems and history without leaping to the extreme that he somehow had it coming or that Zimmerman's word on how this went down is trustworthy.

It is crazy if you think about it. It's only 'not crazy' if you don't. You're stretching the bounds of credibility to somehow make Zimmerman's actions logical and reasonable. And what's worse is, you're doing so now with the full knowledge that Zimmerman has proven himself to be anything but a calm, logical or reasonable person. His actions consistently show him to be a reactive, easily provoked, temperamental headcase easily given to power trips and volatile behavior.

Even a kid like Trayvon would know the risk to reward ratio is not very good on burglarizing a house and coming up with the magical third ingredient (which narrative, by the way, is far from conclusive...more like speculation and conjecture).

Again, I'm not saying you have to buy the sainthood, poor little innocent boy routine some concocted about him right after. You can acknowledge his problems and history without leaping to the extreme that he somehow had it coming or that Zimmerman's word on how this went down is trustworthy.

titan, i can't disagree everything. But for one, i don't think Zimmerman had these obvious issues until after this event/trial. This could be what made him crazy. Ptsd type effects maybe. When those point out Martin's problems they are not saying that he deserved to be killed. but pointing out these are personality quirks that would make it understandable as to how/why he would have attacked.

There's no conjecture about the fact that those were the ingredients someone gave Martin. It was found on his computer. Whether that's correct or not doesn't matter, Martin believed the information to be correct.

As stated above, all a burglar needs is a good house to target. Whether there's codeine in there or not isn't the question. If no codeine there will be something to sell and convert to codeine.

titan, i can't disagree everything. But for one, i don't think Zimmerman had these obvious issues until after this event/trial. This could be what made him crazy. Ptsd type effects maybe. When those point out Martin's problems they are not saying that he deserved to be killed. but pointing out these are personality quirks that would make it understandable as to how/why he would have attacked.

But they simultaneously ignore the fact that the main reason this view is planted in their heads is that it comes from the mouth of the person who has the most interest in lying or shading things to save their own ass: Zimmerman. We have no independent account that backs him up. The only eyewitnesses didn't see anything until after the altercation had begun and Trayvon had the upper hand.

Plus, it's not true that we didn't have these behavior indicators from Zimmerman prior to the Martin incident. For instance:

In July 2005, when he was 21, Zimmerman was arrested after shoving an undercover alcohol-control agent while a friend of Zimmerman's was being arrested for underage drinking. The officer alleged that Zimmerman had said, "I don't care who you are," followed by a profanity, and had refused to leave the area after the officer had shown their badge.[26] The charges were subsequently dropped when Zimmerman entered a pre-trial diversion program that included anger-management classes.[3][27] Also in 2005, Zimmerman's ex-fiancée filed a restraining order against him, alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman requested a reciprocal restraining order. Both orders were granted.[3][28] These incidents were raised by prosecutors at Zimmerman's initial bond hearing. The judge described them as "run of the mill."[29][30]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Zimmerman

There's also this:

In July 2005, he was arrested for “resisting officer with violence.” The neighborhood watch volunteer who wanted to be a cop got into a scuffle with cops who were questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking. The charges were reduced and then waived after he entered an alcohol education program. Then in August 2005, Zimmerman’s former fiance sought a restraining order against him because of domestic violence. Zimmerman sought a restraining order against her in return. Both were granted. Meanwhile, over the course of eight years, Zimmerman made at least 46 calls to the Sanford (Fla.) Police Department reporting suspicious activity involving black males.

We also know that Witness No. 9 accused Zimmerman of molesting her when they were children. The relative’s revelation is appalling but irrelevant. What most folks don’t know is that Witness No. 9 made an explosive allegation against her cousin. “I know George. And I know that he does not like black people,” she told a Sanford police officer during a telephone call in which she pleaded for anonymity. “He would start something. He’s a very confrontational person. It’s in his blood. Let’s just say that. I don’t want this poor kid and his family to just be overlooked.” At the end of the call, Witness No. 9 urged the officer to “get character reports from other people and see if he’s ever said anything about black people, about being racist or anything like that because I guarantee you there’s somebody out there who will say it.”

That phone call was significant because it was placed two days after Zimmerman killed Trayvon and a couple of weeks before the case drew national attention. Witness No. 9 wasn’t seeking attention. “I’m a mom,” she told police. “I can’t stand seeing that some kid got shot and killed over a stupid fight, especially one that my [redacted] … because I know who he is.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/05/28/george-zimmermans-relevant-past/

What is more likely is that you're seeing more incidents with him because he's famous now. Nothing he does will go unnoticed anymore and no cop is going to let him off with a warning.

There's no conjecture about the fact that those were the ingredients someone gave Martin. It was found on his computer. Whether that's correct or not doesn't matter, Martin believed the information to be correct.

What is conjecture is what he had on him that night, since Skittles are not an ingredient for "lean", the concoction he was supposedly trying to make up.

https://drugsandotherthings.wordpress.com/2013/07/16/right-wingnut-lie-of-the-week-trayvon-martin-had-ingredients-for-dxm-abuse/

As stated above, all a burglar needs is a good house to target. Whether there's codeine in there or not isn't the question. If no codeine there will be something to sell and convert to codeine.

Of course it's the question. You don't have a jones for some concoction, have two of the three ingredients and then play the long game of taking the risk to steal some random thing, fence it for money, then go buy codeine. You're reaching. Why, I have no idea. If only the efforts you go to do maintain this narrative were equaled by the efforts to see the major problems and fishiness of Zimmerman's story.

Archived