2016 5* LB Ben Davis (Bama signee)

RunInRed

Ben seems like a really good kid. And all things being equal, I think he really likes Auburn and could see himself playing here. So I don't think he's jerking us around like Reuben or others have. But being a turd legacy and all the pressure that comes with that, I don't see him bucking that to go to Auburn. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but I think our realistic chances this kid spurns his father's history there and all the expectations of the turd nation are in the single digits.

i fully expect him to be a turd. I still hope he don't. Either way I like his character.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben seems like a really good kid. And all things being equal, I think he really likes Auburn and could see himself playing here. So I don't think he's jerking us around like Reuben or others have. But being a turd legacy and all the pressure that comes with that, I don't see him bucking that to go to Auburn. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but I think our realistic chances this kid spurns his father's history there and all the expectations of the turd nation are in the single digits.

i fully expect him to be a turd. I still hope he don't. Either way I like his character.

Totally agree. It's clear he's handled this well but it's pretty obvious he'll be signing with Updyke U. I suppose it's still good for the "so your saying there's a chance" crowd to have something to chat about till signing day though. I'm one of the crowd myself. :)

My feeling as well. Good kid, has no problem being an Auburn Tiger but he's a legacy and with East Mississippi State University being what they are I doubt he turns it down. I'll be happy as hell if he decides to turn to the "light". ;)

Probably true, but he could build his own legacy at Auburn. Outside the shadow of his father's legacy.

But everything I have read, it sounds like he has a good relationship with his father, and therefore probably wouldn't feel the need to get out of his father's shadow. He might be thinking that he can further build that legacy with his own contributions.

It's been mentioned here before in that he may want to establish his own legacy and the best place I believe would be at Auburn. The pro is, if he signs with Auburn, he can build his own legacy and everything his Dad did at bama is still intact. Also, he wouldn't necessarily have to match (stats) everything his Dad did because it's a different school different circumstances. The con is, if he signs with bama and doesn't live up to his Dad's legacy, well that will give fanatics, Finebaum and the media something to negatively discuss or write an article about.

Probably true, but he could build his own legacy at Auburn. Outside the shadow of his father's legacy.

But everything I have read, it sounds like he has a good relationship with his father, and therefore probably wouldn't feel the need to get out of his father's shadow. He might be thinking that he can further build that legacy with his own contributions.

It's been mentioned here before in that he may want to establish his own legacy and the best place I believe would be at Auburn. The pro is, if he signs with Auburn, he can build his own legacy and everything his Dad did at bama is still intact. Also, he wouldn't necessarily have to match (stats) everything his Dad did because it's a different school different circumstances. The con is, if he signs with bama and doesn't live up to his Dad's legacy, well that will give fanatics, Finebaum and the media something to negatively discuss or write an article about.

I can see him building his legacy more at GA than at Auburn. Less pressure. This way ALabama doesnt play Georgia every year. He doesnt go against his Dad's legacy school Alabama, if he went to AU, and compete to play to go to the SEC championship.

I could see it more if he had an older brother who built a legacy at Alabama, and didnt want to follow in his footsteps, but to go to ALabama after what 20 some years ago when his father was there? I would think he would feel it was an honor to follow his dad.

It would sort of be the reverse of what the Evans kid did last year...oops, forgot...his father had no "legacy shadow" at Auburn.

It would sort of be the reverse of what the Evans kid did last year...oops, forgot...his father had no "legacy shadow" at Auburn.

Sure he did... a legacy of butt hurt for having to warm the bench behind Bo Jackson.

Sure he did... a legacy of butt hurt for having to warm the bench behind Bo Jackson.

As big if not bigger butt hurt was Troop. He was very tight w/ Reuben & Rashan & steered both to Bama after AU fired him.

As big if not bigger butt hurt was Troop. He was very tight w/ Reuben & Rashan & steered both to Bama after AU fired him.

Now he's recruiting 2* athletes at Arkansas State. Good for him.

I think we have a decent chance with this young man. If this happens, I would imagine pops would wear the orange and blue and proudly pull for his son and his team. I have seen this happen at Auburn over the years. It does not happen very often though. It would be a hoot if we get him, Gary, and Mr. Brown, you could hear a collective scream like not heard in turdcaloosa since the Cam comeback game in 2010. If this happens we could possibly have the #1 recruiting class!

Anything is possible folks. Just believe when all things tell you not to. This kind of belief has carried me and other folks fighting cancer. If I did not believe folks, I would be dead now and not able to post all of my crazy posts that do have a certain ring of truth in them if you can believe!

I think we have a decent chance with this young man. If this happens, I would imagine pops would wear the orange and blue and proudly pull for his son and his team. I have seen this happen at Auburn over the years. It does not happen very often though. It would be a hoot if we get him, Gary, and Mr. Brown, you could hear a collective scream like not heard in turdcaloosa since the Cam comeback game in 2010. If this happens we could possibly have the #1 recruiting class!

Anything is possible folks. Just believe when all things tell you not to. This kind of belief has carried me and other folks fighting cancer. If I did not believe folks, I would be dead now and not able to post all of my crazy posts that do have a certain ring of truth in them if you can believe!

I hear Doc singing in the background "I believe I can fly. I believe I can touch the sky. Think about it every night and day. Spread my wings and fly away."

Bama sends LBs to the NFL vertually every year. UGA sends many as well. AU does not. We really need our LB play to get draftable to compete for the same talented players. I would love to get Davis. I wouldn't suggest anyone losing sleep over Davis coming to AU.

I agree with all of this. He seems like a good guy.

wde

Bama sends LBs to the NFL vertually every year. UGA sends many as well. AU does not. We really need our LB play to get draftable to compete for the same talented players. I would love to get Davis. I wouldn't suggest anyone losing sleep over Davis coming to AU.

I doubt anyone is doing so. That being said, it would sure be a nice surprise. However, much will be determined on future classes by the type of defense we run, and how much Nickel we run. It's difficult to showcase LB play when you generally have only 2 on the field.

I certainly hope he signs. I like his class. I like how he has handled his recruitment. Makes it easier to pull for the guy, wherever he goes.

I hear Doc singing in the background "I believe I can fly. I believe I can touch the sky. Think about it every night and day. Spread my wings and fly away."

I actually have my pilots license, but dare not fly anymore due to my health. I actually am certified to fly a jet. (of course small jets). Folks have told me that I am the real life version of the "Most Interesting Man in the World." I refrain from this title in that Jonesy has had this title much longer.

I love having fun on this site in that some folks get way too serious over recruiting and other collegiate sports that get discussed. If you believe in something worthwhile, it comes true in various ways. I am near done with the chemo, and fully expect a clean bill of health.

The only way you can beat some of life's deadliest diseases, is to believe in a power infinitely greater than anything in the universe.

I do not have an exact reading on this young man, but something tells me that we have a far greater chance to sign this young man than most realize.

It would be pay back to the turds.

Yes indeed! This would have the turds in an uproar loud enough to be heard all the way to Lee County.

So his visit went well?

Yep. He'll still end up at bama but we gave him something to think about.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/01/no_leader_for_alabama_legacy_b.html#incart_river_mobileshort_index

I'm just glad there's not a birthday party or some drama Crap with this one.

So his visit went well?

Yep. He'll still end up at bama but we gave him something to think about.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/01/no_leader_for_alabama_legacy_b.html#incart_river_mobileshort_index

I'm just glad there's not a birthday party or some drama Crap with this one.

Gotta make it somewhat interesting on signing day I suppose

I would not be so sure he will end up at bammer. I think we have a real shot with him. Just a hunch, but my hunches often turn into the real thing.

Archived