I'm confused, but sw and jj are the same

cole256

This cynical social experiment thread is still running?

It's been READY 4 LOCK since page one.

I guess you read through the whole thing before commenting?

Yep. That's why I called it Cole's cynical social experiment.

But did you call cole?

Heh. You've read it, too!

I am expecting royalties for the phone call bit.

I found it more fun to jump in and push his buttons.....he may be willing to have football discussion but as pointed out this thread definitely does not lend itself to a topic that was going to have a nice open debate. It was trolling for an argument. The Trump comment earlier was spot on with how it seemed with all the arguing.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But did you call cole?

I found it more fun to jump in and push his buttons.....he may be willing to have football discussion but as pointed out this thread definitely does not lend itself to a topic that was going to have a nice open debate. It was trolling for an argument. The Trump comment earlier was spot on with how it seemed with all the arguing.

Well, you have copyrights on the phone call bit, arguably.

Yes, I intended the pun. Sue me.

But did you call cole?

I'll call my Intellectual Property Attorney in the morning. He charges extra on weekends.

But did you call cole?

I'll call my Intellectual Property Attorney in the morning. He charges extra on weekends.

Have your people call cole.

But did you call cole?

I'll make sure they keep calling and not settle for voicemail.

But did you call cole?

I'll make sure they keep calling and not settle for voicemail.

Yep -- cole only reads minds.

What did I say as far as football that you dispute? My next question is why could you criticize jj but it's the end of the world that I do the same to sw? I mean the worst thing I've said is he has made some of the same mistakes as jj.... why didn't I ever read anybody say a jj bashing thread need to be locked? And this isn't anything close to that.

Why am I catching heat for commenting on the same exact stuff I said about jj? Nobody checked me for saying the same stuff about him. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. People are really mad.

But did you call cole?

Lol. How much do you charge Ricardo when you talk to him? I need to know the players standard rate

But did you call cole?

Lol. How much do you charge Ricardo when you talk to him? I need to know the players standard rate

I take what the offense gives me.

Mission accomplished, my buttons were pushed I was so angry and frustrated....lucky I was finally able to get a phone call through, now I'm good

What did I say as far as football that you dispute? My next question is why could you criticize jj but it's the end of the world that I do the same to sw? I mean the worst thing I've said is he has made some of the same mistakes as jj.... why didn't I ever read anybody say a jj bashing thread need to be locked? And this isn't anything close to that.

Why am I catching heat for commenting on the same exact stuff I said about jj? Nobody checked me for saying the same stuff about him. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. People are really mad.

Who is angry?

As far as football goes, your opinion is not far off. But is this thread about football, cole? Or is it about the people who post comments about football?

Actually, I wasn't calling for this thread to be locked. I was just insinuating that there's a less than noble purpose behind it, so nothing good would come of it. Since this thread was started and exists merely to amuse you, yourself, by seemingly exposing others' biases while in actuality, merely reinforcing your own, it serves no honest football purpose. Your running commentary makes that much clear to anyone paying attention. And since your experiment isn't really working that well, you're now resorting to projecting intentions onto others that don't exist just to maintain the pretense that it's an honest thread about your own impressions of SW's play. C'mon, accusing me of actually calling for a lock on thread and that it's because I'm upset with your impressions of SW's play, for instance, is just silly. I've never actually called for a thread lock on any board, (but do kid about it from time to time...)

You know, or should know, from my past and current posts, I of all people here have absolutely no problem with any critical analyses of JJ's or SW's or Gus' or Rhett's or anybody's football-related performance. In truth, I often find your opinions on football insightful and your willingness to fight conventional AU thought quite refreshing. At least you're not a drone. A troll at times, yes, but never a drone.

I'm not sure at what level you think these poster biases exist. Whether you're willing to accept that the hypocrisy or at least the biases you believe you see are based on expectations or something more sinister, but this is one cynical thread where good comments by honest posters are being lost in its dark under currents.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

P.S.

I've got a call into you, but your people Rickrolled me with muzak. Twice. Uncool, man. Uncool.

Who is angry?

As far as football goes, your opinion is not far off. But is this thread about football, cole? Or is it about the people who post comments about football?

Actually, I wasn't calling for this thread to be locked. I was just insinuating that there's a less than noble purpose behind it, so nothing good would come of it. Since this thread was started and exists merely to amuse you, yourself, by seemingly exposing others' biases while in actuality, merely reinforcing your own, it serves no honest football purpose. Your running commentary makes that much clear to anyone paying attention. And since your experiment isn't really working that well, you're now resorting to projecting intentions onto others that don't exist just to maintain the pretense that it's an honest thread about your own impressions of SW's play. C'mon, accusing me of actually calling for a lock on thread and that it's because I'm upset with your impressions of SW's play, for instance, is just silly. I've never actually called for a thread lock on any board, (but do kid about it from time to time...)

You know, or should know, from my past and current posts, I of all people here have absolutely no problem with any critical analyses of JJ's or SW's or Gus' or Rhett's or anybody's football-related performance. In truth, I often find your opinions on football insightful and your willingness to fight conventional AU thought quite refreshing. At least you're not a drone. A troll at times, yes, but never a drone.

I'm not sure at what level you think these poster biases exist. Whether you're willing to accept that the hypocrisy or at least the biases you believe you see are based on expectations or something more sinister, but this is one cynical thread where good comments by honest posters are being lost in its dark under currents.

P.S.

I've got a call into you, but your people Rickrolled me with muzak. Twice. Uncool, man. Uncool.

Well said! Realist.

I think Sean is a better decision maker throwing than Jeremy or at least knows how to throw less picks. I also believe Jeremy has a far higher upside than Sean. Malzahn likely put Sean in just because he himself thought Jeremy was the problem and was just desperate for a spark. If he could actually figure out the problem (mainly it being himself and this offensive line), and had the offense resembling anything its supposed to have looked like back when we weren't horrible (spring 2015), Jeremy would probably return.

I genuinely do not believe Cole is the only individual who wants to see Jeremy return, but as of the past two weeks, I feel it was just more safe to go with Sean, get to this bye week, and see what left you have in Jeremy.

Now, whoever we have at QB is irrelevant mind you, if we can't figure out how to block at least on an AVERAGE scale against good defenses and Malzahn can't figure out how to call an entire game.

I think Sean is a better decision maker throwing than Jeremy or at least knows how to throw less picks. I also believe Jeremy has a far higher upside than Sean. Malzahn likely put Sean in just because he himself thought Jeremy was the problem and was just desperate for a spark. If he could actually figure out the problem (mainly it being himself and this offensive line), and had the offense resembling anything its supposed to have looked like back when we weren't horrible (spring 2015), Jeremy would probably return.

I genuinely do not believe Cole is the only individual who wants to see Jeremy return, but as of the past two weeks, I feel it was just more safe to go with Sean, get to this bye week, and see what left you have in Jeremy.

Now, whoever we have at QB is irrelevant mind you, if we can't figure out how to block at least on an AVERAGE scale against good defenses and Malzahn can't figure out how to call an entire game.

Uhhhhhhhm ... cole has consistently held that SW should be starting.

Man thanks. I don't want to see jj return, my thing is what was the point if we were going to dumb down the offense? Also some have started asking on this board, just not in this thread but I made this thread first but it seems like we may have a problem developing qb's.

Lastly, as I stated in another thread your last post is what I was trying to tell everybody before a qb change. So I do admit frustration of getting flamed and ridicule from people when I talked about the o line and wr and now some of the same people flaming me because I was basically right.

Who is angry?

P.S.

The problem is that I don't conform to what you want my train of thought to be. Your noble intentions theory was interesting I must say, but noble intention so nothing good would come out? What about those, you're an idiot posts, or duke isn't an Auburn man he missed a block, or these players quit posts? Are those the noble posts?

Where are the good posts by the honest posters that I haven't addressed? If somebody says sw doesn't hasn't thrown as many pics, then I reply he threw 10 passes and half were screens but I'm wondering about both throwing passes up for grab....is that not valid? Even if you don't agree aren't we discussing football? Or is all of this because I had a counter point and then say....yeah you're right?

So yeah why wouldn't I ask why am I getting all of this when I and at least 70% of this board did the same thing with the other qb? We put in Smith at qb and he make questionable passes I'm doing this all over again.

Last in the other threads that are now arising that questions qb development do you not realize they have to basically be saying the same thing I was saying?

I'm all for a good argument or debate but this is just sloppy and all over the place. We need a moderator, not to shutdown the argument, but to guide the argument.

I'm all for a good argument or debate but this is just sloppy and all over the place. We need a moderator, not to shutdown the argument, but to guide the argument.

Problem is it does not appear that the original intent of this topic was ever to create an open debate about the situation. Stirring the pot, yes...but that is more likely the intent so it at least succeeded at that. And cause headaches.....as a possible side-effect.

are you happy now with the progress? No way we beat any good teams releying on Barber to score in the redzone. Obviously they coaches know something they are not saying because how do you only run the ball in the redzone on every trip which we did in the last 2 games?

I don't think it matters who plays QB honestly. This team has so many issues up and down the entire O and D right now, but one thing has improved; we aren't blatantly gift wrapping turnovers right into the chest of the defense anymore. We aren't making plays on O but we really weren't doing that with JJ in there either. SW fumbled once or twice but he'll get better as this was only his 2nd game action and even though he just handed it off most of the time. JJ was so bad it looked like he was point shaving lolol the announcers even questioned if his eyesight was ok.

With recent observations about our passing game, I'm not sure if JJ has ever been taught to read defenses. If the play is intended to be thrown to the left side of the field the WR's on the right aren't even running their damn routes! Sure, it doesn't mean he should throw right to the defense but he might not even have more than THE option on the play when Gus/RL call the play. It's sad actually.

Archived