I'm confused, but sw and jj are the same

cole256

I'm more concerned about the playcalling. Why couldn't we handle Miss State's blitzes? Why consistently call run after run on first down? Why call a play-action pass on 3rd and 20 with no time left?

I am right here with you. Also the penalties are ridiculous and are KILLING us. First and goal from the 3 and not scoring is about as bad as it gets. The play calling for the entire year has looked disjointed and is painful to watch. Sometimes it looks like they don't practice offensive plays - they just make it up as they go along in the game. The thing that kills me is that we always talk about explosive plays. How about just having an efficient offensive system? Once we get rolling explosive plays will come. I NEVER thought I would see the day that a Gus offense would be ranked 110th in the country. Ever.

The bad news is that we really have not played great teams yet. The good news is that Gus has proven over his career to be a great offensive mind and he has 3 weeks to try and get this thing turned around before we hit the point of no return.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game 2. Everything I said in here has been right. Everything from play to people on the board not being objective in play. This was the lesser talented team to compare, now we have a bye week. I guess we'll see what happens after it.

Three things:

1. Sean has been fine, but not overly impressive. He's done what -- I take it -- he's been asked to do, and he's minimized turnovers. That's some improvement over JJ.

2. That Sean has been asked -- apparently -- only to throw a few passes a game makes no sense, especially in this last game. Why we would use the SJSU game to run the ball over and over again, when we need to be figuring out who our QB is and what he can do, is beyond me.

3. At this point, it's not totally obvious to me who the QB should be. If JJ could stop with the turnovers and display more confidence (those go hand in hand, no doubt), then he clearly has more upside, IMO. But those are some pretty big ifs.

Sean hasn't been asked to make the throws JJ has (maybe because he's younger) but the coach speak is that's not a factor.

Today Sean had a run game that was more productive to keep him out of 3rd and longs.

He keeps fumbling that ball turnovers won't be minimized. But yes so far he throws wr screen passes and sideline passes. Two most productive passes so far? Jump ball throws everybody on this board can make.

Lastly even though it's small improvements Sean has the benefit of everybody around him getting more comfortable.

If you watch the game in detail, same mistakes between the two qb's just not always the same results. Like the missed pass with Jason Smith. Threw to the wrong shoulder. JJ did that too. To me two different qb's mixing up calls or placement to their wr....makes me question what's going on.

Also Barber is good, best thing we got going right now, deserves recognition. Not ANYWHERE as good as the majority of the board makes him out to be. On the other end Roc is not as bad as many make him out to be. They need each other

The coachspeak is inane.

The missed pass to Jason Smith was maddening.

The biggest argument for keeping Sean may be the comfort factor of his teammates. We need confidence and to feel like we're playing for something.

Also Barber is good, best thing we got going right now, deserves recognition. Not ANYWHERE as good as the majority of the board makes him out to be. On the other end Roc is not as bad as many make him out to be. They need each other

I guess I think Barber is a known quantity. He's reliable.

Roc had his best game as a Tiger, IMO.

That could've happened with jj, Sean didn't look too confident yesterday. Like any qb his confidence comes from production. No point of playing Sean if there wasn't going to be an increase in production. Gus doesn't find ways so he can get some passes in the endzone soon we'll have two shell shocked qb's.

I don't know if it's conditioning or what but when he gets fatigued there's a big drop off. We need to sub him better. That's why that drive where we didn't go for it stalled

I don't know if it's conditioning or what but when he gets fatigued there's a big drop off. We need to sub him better. That's why that drive where we didn't go for it stalled

Barber? Yeah, I really wish Jovon could get into the game more.

Yes barber. That third down play he was stopped he was so tired. He wasn't looking for anything but that one yard and to fall down.

Yes barber. That third down play he was stopped he was so tired. He wasn't looking for anything but that one yard and to fall down.

That might have been a good time for that Kerryon Wildcat. It worked surprizingly well a few times.

Yes. We have three very good runners, don't see why anybody would be running while sucking for air

Game 2. Everything I said in here has been right. Everything from play to people on the board not being objective in play. This was the lesser talented team to compare, now we have a bye week. I guess we'll see what happens after it.

You sound like Trump.

You sound like Trump.

:laugh: Now that's a thought I'll have to work to get beyond. Sorta like a song stuck in my head. Glad cole has Malcolm X as his avatar. If he puts the Donald in there, I'll be ruined.

That could've happened with jj, Sean didn't look too confident yesterday.

We must have watched different games, 'cause Sean White looked plenty confident to me. Almost too much so on one run where he tried to go all Phil Gargis on a defensive back coming up to make the tackle. (That was the play where for a minute it looked like he might have had his bell rung and he came out for them to run a wildcat on the next play before returning to the game.)

White is fine. He did what he was asked to do. He isn't afraid to run it, and he isn't afraid to stand in there and deliver the pass even as he's about to get creamed. I hope they get better at pass protection, open it up and let White try to paint some pictures with his balls.

Being one of the few objective fans is a thankless job

Did someone tell you that?

You usually want to debate about something with me....it's a shame you have nothing that you can really disagree about though. You just don't like when I post....I get it, I feel that way about some people....not you of course

You usually want to debate about something with me....it's a shame you have nothing that you can really disagree about though. You just don't like when I post....I get it, I feel that way about some people....not you of course

You fool yourself that you're right about everything in regard to the QB situation. You make some good points-- especially about the overreactions of some folks. But your mind was already made up about some things from the beginning. On this issue you really come off as arrogant and debating does not seem worthwhile.

I think down deep, cole really wants Sean to fail. He would never admit that, as that would reveal something most are thinking, but starting this thread after his first start was telling. The benching of Johnson angered him. Why is that cole?

We must have watched different games, 'cause Sean White looked plenty confident to me. Almost too much so on one run where he tried to go all Phil Gargis on a defensive back coming up to make the tackle. (That was the play where for a minute it looked like he might have had his bell rung and he came out for them to run a wildcat on the next play before returning to the game.)

White is fine. He did what he was asked to do. He isn't afraid to run it, and he isn't afraid to stand in there and deliver the pass even as he's about to get creamed. I hope they get better at pass protection, open it up and let White try to paint some pictures with his balls.

Yeah we watched different games....yes I will give him this he's not afraid to run...yet he's running cuz he's scared

Yeah we watched different games....yes I will give him this he's not afraid to run...yet he's running cuz he's scared

Scared of what? That has to be the funniest thing I have heard all day! I needed a good laugh.

You fool yourself that you're right about everything in regard to the QB situation. You make some good points-- especially about the overreactions of some folks. But your mind was already made up about some things from the beginning. On this issue you really come off as arrogant and debating does not seem worthwhile.

I'm arrogant because I don't crawl and say yes you're right and I'm wrong....yea I guess I am arrogant

Scared of what? That has to be the funniest thing I have heard all day! I needed a good laugh.

Scared of the d line running at him....the thing every qb is scared of when they have happy feet so they don't stand in the pocket they run....I think it's pretty funny you've never heard of it actually

Archived