2016 3* JUCO QB/ATH John Franklin III (AU commit 11/4/15)

jskilgro

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keith just tweeted that he ran the 100 in 10.5 seconds.

McCalebb's personal best in high school was 10.9.

McCalebb clearly needs help coming out the blocks then. He has natural top end speed. Anywho, glad to have john on the plains. Hopefully his speed will be well utilized.

Does anyone else think the only reason he was recruited as an "athlete" is to appease our other QB recruits? Call the kid an athlete and keep Narcisse and Barrett happy, right?

Does anyone else think the only reason he was recruited as an "athlete" is to appease our other QB recruits? Call the kid an athlete and keep Narcisse and Barrett happy, right?

Could be, but also could be a situation like Jason Smith where he gets his "shot" at QB for like a week and then sees the writing on the wall and swaps positions

He will be a QB at Auburn. His article with direct quotes says Gus wants to run the read option as his offense of choice. The way it reads on al.com is Gus is determined to keep a dual threat QB as his QB, and this guy is the #1 choice of Gus.

He will be a QB at Auburn. His article with direct quotes says Gus wants to run the read option as his offense of choice. The way it reads on al.com is Gus is determined to keep a dual threat QB as his QB, and this guy is the #1 choice of Gus.

Doesn't matter if you can run the read option or not, Nick and Cam could throw it and would kill teams when they started to key in on the run. A good offensive line, and a good qb will help the both the run and pass game. Right now our offensive line is too inconsistent.

Will this give us something like 42 former QBs on the roster not playing QB?

He's the #1 JUCO Athlete and one of the Top Five Fastest players in the country. I'll take him.

folks keep forgetting that Woody Barrett will be coming to Auburn in the 2016 class. This young man is the real deal and will push SW hard next season. This is a good thing giving us 2 very good QBs. Mr. Franklin will be given a shot at QB, but may wind up as a DB or receiver. He has speed to burn, and this is what we need. He has the skills and with being coached up correctly, he will be a great asset for us in 2016.

folks keep forgetting that Woody Barrett will be coming to Auburn in the 2016 class. This young man is the real deal and will push SW hard next season. This is a good thing giving us 2 very good QBs. Mr. Franklin will be given a shot at QB, but may wind up as a DB or receiver. He has speed to burn, and this is what we need. He has the skills and with being coached up correctly, he will be a great asset for us in 2016.

Nice to have a true QB coming in like WB but if he is good enough to take the starting QB job as a freshman next year we will probably be looking at another long season. Just my observation over the years but teams with a freshman QB don't usually thrive in the SEC.

I know it doesn't mean anything right now, but does anyone know why Franklin left FSU? E do you think there is a chance we also take Evans in this class?

I know it doesn't mean anything right now, but does anyone know why Franklin left FSU? E do you think there is a chance we also take Evans in this class?

He saw the writing on the wall when Everett Golson transferred to FSU....

I refuse to get hyped about this kid...or anything for that matter. I'm a "show me" kind of guy.

Why did JF3 (already has a nickname) end up at EMCC? Why was he the backup QB at EMCC? Why are Buffalo and Auburn his only offers this late in the season? I'm not questioning his ability. Just wondering why Lashlee needs another QB. If he wants to run the HUNH, he needs to recruit a point guard like Nick Marshall that has good quickness and instincts. Of course, without a dominant OL, the whole thing wont work anyway. We have enough QBs in my opinion for any type of offense. Concentrate on recruiting more top notch linemen. Athletes are a dime a dozen. Good OL are hard to find.

Why did JF3 (already has a nickname) end up at EMCC? Why was he the backup QB at EMCC? Why are Buffalo and Auburn his only offers this late in the season? I'm not questioning his ability. Just wondering why Lashlee needs another QB. If he wants to run the HUNH, he needs to recruit a point guard like Nick Marshall that has good quickness and instincts. Of course, without a dominant OL, the whole thing wont work anyway. We have enough QBs in my opinion for any type of offense. Concentrate on recruiting more top notch linemen. Athletes are a dime a dozen. Good OL are hard to find.

Would it be crazy to assume the thinking may be Cory Grant / Onterio McCalebb type role?

These posts sound like the same ones when Nick Marshall was coming. Can't remember how hard NM was recruited out of JC but I don't think many schools wanted him as a QB. I believe Franklin is coming for one reason.

Wow 6-1, 170 equates to 5-11 168. Juuuust don't see him helpin out much at QB.

He is 6' 183pds.

I waited to post here to see what other info, quotes & articles could flesh this out but it's still IMO a combo of wonderful (from an AU fan perspective) and odd (from the perspective of what this young man is saying about his expectations vs probable realistic QB needs at AU). Meaning either he understands he's a Jason Smith - which I'm not seeing in his quotes - or there's a disconnect. In any event, welcome to the terrific Auburn experience John!

Nice to have a true QB coming in like WB but if he is good enough to take the starting QB job as a freshman next year we will probably be looking at another long season. Just my observation over the years but teams with a freshman QB don't usually thrive in the SEC.

Sean White is thriving right now. If Barrett takes the job from White, then that means he's well ahead of the curve.

He saw the writing on the wall when Everett Golson transferred to FSU....

I refuse to get hyped about this kid...or anything for that matter. I'm a "show me" kind of guy.

Good policy. What I don't understand is the people bitching about it*. We just signed a ball handler with elite speed. There is nothing wrong with that. It might not end up being a great thing, but there is nothing wrong with it right now.

*Well, I do understand it. Some people bitch just to bitch.

..... Just wondering why Lashlee needs another QB. ....

Barring injury, he doesn't. What we did was get a commitment from one of the two or three fastest kids in all of college football. It's a scholarship slot well spent. There is always a place for speed.

Archived