Lawson back on practice field today

TitanTiger

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are players often cleared for "full practice" and not to play in a game?

Possibly. You could let him go through the drills and stuff and get back into playing condition knowing that at this point in the season, you're not practicing with the same impact that one would get in a game.

Free content (RIVALS):

https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1818561

To be honest I kind of hate it for him to come back this year. I mean the way fans have been using him being out as the excuse for the poor defense this year. If he comes back and doesn't absolutely blow up Ole Piss, then the police had better keep a watch on all tall bridges b/c a lot of the AU "faithful" will be looking to jump.

I wish CL all the best and hope that he is completely healthy.

To be honest I kind of hate it for him to come back this year. I mean the way fans have been using him being out as the excuse for the poor defense this year. If he comes back and doesn't absolutely blow up Ole Piss, then the police had better keep a watch on all tall bridges b/c a lot of the AU "faithful" will be looking to jump.

I don't see any downside to him coming back if the doctors say he's good to go and Carl feels right. We certainly won't be worse with him in there and it could provide a big boost.

Hell yes, if he is ready we could sure use him if even only situationally. If he can come in hurry the passer just on those 3rd and longs that we always seem to give up that would be a huge filip.

This comment just sounds too much like an Updyker for my taste.

Not Updyking at all. Just know how people were begging for SW to step in when JJ was struggling. He did; we didn't win and a lot of those same people were trying to throw SW under the bus. Now with all the hype CL has had if he comes back and doesn't have a huge game people are going to do the same to him. Bottom line is that CL will be coming back against one of the best LT in the country and has not seen any playing time in weeks. Best of luck to CL and I hope he has the game of his life.

Hell yes, if he is ready we could sure use him if even only situationally. If he can come in hurry the passer just on those 3rd and longs that we always seem to give up that would be a huge filip.

Not to sound like a downer, but if that is the case, he wouldn't see the field much. Best just let him play every down.

Not Updyking at all. Just know how people were begging for SW to step in when JJ was struggling. He did; we didn't win and a lot of those same people were trying to throw SW under the bus. Now with all the hype CL has had if he comes back and doesn't have a huge game people are going to do the same to him. Bottom line is that CL will be coming back against one of the best LT in the country and has not seen any playing time in weeks. Best of luck to CL and I hope he has the game of his life.

I must've missed where anyone was down on SW win or loss. But I also don't visit the game day thread where all the trolls live and breathe on Saturdays.

If he is not taking any undue risk (There is always Risk when you play football) I would like to see him play. We need to lower our expectations, after 6 weeks he will not be in game shape and it might take a while to get to the point he is the player everybody has hyped him up to be.

Hardly anyone is trying to throw SW under the bus. The vast majority are quite pleased with White's progress and level headedness. At worst, among 90% of Auburn fans, there is still a question as to whether he is the QB of the future or not.

you have to wonder what type of shape he is in. doubt he has been doing much running on a bad hip.

The good news is, in 2015, with Dr. Andrews taking care of you, you don't need to run. They use electrical stimulation of muscles to keep them in shape (heck, Dr. Andrews had a friend of mine do this for ACL surgery back in 1997), and they use other forms of exercise to maintain cardio/stamina.

Good thing it's not our choice. It's Carl's decision with input from the football staff and doctors.

I just hope no one dogs him if he doesn't have an impact his first game back. Being cleared to play is a long way from playing full speed.

The biggest hurdle will be in CL's head. It is very difficult to trust a limb after serious injury. Even when you are assured by doctors it is 100%. After weeks of pain everytime you twist a little strange, step a little weird, or bump it lightly, the body instinctively treats it like a sissy.

With enough reps, you forget about the injury and play like you were never injured. How long it takes to mentally recover is different for every injury and every player. I hope Carl gets enough reps in practice this week to trust his hip by halftime on Sat. But you have to think: he has been in pain for weeks, it may take weeks before he forgets the injury and plays to potential.

I just hope no one dogs him if he doesn't have an impact his first game back. Being cleared to play is a long way from playing full speed.

The biggest hurdle will be in CL's head. It is very difficult to trust a limb after serious injury. Even when you are assured by doctors it is 100%. After weeks of pain everytime you twist a little strange, step a little weird, or bump it lightly, the body instinctively treats it like a sissy.

With enough reps, you forget about the injury and play like you were never injured. How long it takes to mentally recover is different for every injury and every player. I hope Carl gets enough reps in practice this week to trust his hip by halftime on Sat. But you have to think: he has been in pain for weeks, it may take weeks before he forgets the injury and plays to potential.

Or the opposite and arguably worse could happen, especially given the attitude Carl has shown. He could decide he was going to kick ass and take names, give 100% while not being 100% ready and end up hurt again... see Holsey.

I hope Carl is very in tune with his body and getting A LOT of good advice.

Archived