Lawson back on practice field today

TitanTiger

There was a picture of him in the tunnel after the Arkansas game, I can't pull it up, but that showed how him hunched over with his head leaning on his forearm. You could just tell he REALLY wants to play. I hope he will play and stay healthy, dominate, and bring confidence to our defense! War Eagle!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carl would love nothing more than harassing Kelly all day. This will be the difference maker.

To expect him to be 100% all day is silly. Now, perhaps he could bury kelly's shoulder pads 6 inches deep in the turf a time or two? That would be nice.

To expect him to be 100% all day is silly. Now, perhaps he could bury kelly's shoulder pads 6 inches deep in the turf a time or two? That would be nice.

Even if he doesn't, his mere presence on the field takes the pressure off others on the line.

Just my thoughts for what it's worth and that is not much. Carl will play this weekend. How much depends on him. You can rest assured he is good to go. He, according to Gus has been doing everything but live contact. Question now is how much he trust his body. Not unusual for folks like this to favor the injured part coming back. Even at 80% he will help, at least enough to make CWM let off the reigns and pin their ears back on defense. WDE

The not much part is absolutely right

Even if he doesn't, his mere presence on the field takes the pressure off others on the line.

Malzahn said Lawson will not be brought back in a limited capacity; such as third-down pass rush.

"We really wanted to make sure he was 100 percent healthy, that's the No. 1 thing for us," Malzahn said. "That's why we're been a little patient. It's just going to be a matter of him getting back in playing shape. When he plays he's going to be 100 percent ready to go."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/10/when_will_carl_lawson_play_auburn_ole_miss.html#incart_river

Yep. A sack would be icing on the cake.

Carl has looked great in practice. Philip Marshall says he expects Carl to play a lot. In case you missed it, CL is a physical freak. I am getting a kick reading people doubt whether he can handle this, or not.

I wouldn't be surprised if he were held out tomorrow, but has there been any confirmation or denial on Lawson's status for tomorrow?

I wouldn't be surprised if he were held out tomorrow, but has there been any confirmation or denial on Lawson's status for tomorrow?

Probably won't find out until game time, I'm guessing.

Heard a TV announcer on Jox say Lawson would play and how many snaps depended on his conditioning. He had supposedly just had a meeting with Muschamp so tifwiw

I suspect anyone in front of a TV now has heard it, but ESPN just said Mr. Lawson "gets the start"

Tiger tailgate show and interview with Malzahn said they feel he's 100% and they will "turn him loose" today. So, sounds like he will start and play as much as he can. Also just announced on ESPN that Sean White will get the start today.

Tiger tailgate show and interview with Malzahn said they feel he's 100% and they will "turn him loose" today. So, sounds like he will start and play as much as he can. Also just announced on ESPN that Sean White will get the start today.

Thanks WT

Archived