Staff Changes

fredst

What makes Robinson more attractive than Thompson as Auburn's DC should Muschamp move on?

More chance that he would run a nearly identical system to Muschamp's, since he's been with him for years, so there is less change for the players.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was really hoping that we could keep Muschamp another 2 years to get this defensive back to where it needs to be, get the cubbard full on the defensive side of the ball, and by then hope that Derek Mason will have been fired by Vanderbilt and ready to step right in where Muschamp left off.

If Muschamp leaves, Bud Foster is first on my list. I'm not ready to turn it over to T-Rob yet. I think Pruitt is a cancer that would only be passing through. So my second choice is Robb Smith at Arkansas. They have pretty well shut Alabama down the past 2 years. They just haven't had the offense to capitalize.

Muschamp is not going anywhere and will be at Auburn for the next couple of years. No use speculating about a replacement when it ain't happening.

I think that's far from certain. If he's offered a HC position at SC, I think there's a decent change he takes it unless he can't put together the staff he wants.

And if he stays this year, I would be shocked if he's still here after the 2016 season.

I expected him to stay 2 max.

So Auburn and Alabama will be looking for DCs ..... and UGA and USCe .....

Bo Pelini. Being DC here is better than youngstown state

Living in a dumpster would be better as well.

troof

I've read if CWM leaves our defensive recruiting will be a dumpster fire. But reading an article yesterday about turd defensive recruits not entertaining any thoughts on de-committing. It seems we have to have certain coaches on staff or players leave or don't come.

I've read if CWM leaves our defensive recruiting will be a dumpster fire. But reading an article yesterday about turd defensive recruits not entertaining any thoughts on de-committing. It seems we have to have certain coaches on staff or players leave or don't come.

Well they have Saban. He can get any coach in there to employ and execute his defensive philosophy.

Well Alabama has one of the best coaches in the nation and successful program. That kind of helps.

Well Alabama has one of the best coaches in the nation and successful program. That kind of helps.

You see... Bama coaches are not "coaches" per say but rather "evangelists" and their message to follow the almighty infallible Saban. Funny because in recruiting you get about 50/50 between those who love a school and those who love a coach/staff (see Rueben Foster) but with Bama it's all about one man...

Folks that are actually close to the team and IN THE LOCKER ROOM say Gus and Muschamp get along just fine. Yesterday they were on the road visiting recruits, TOGETHER. What you have there is bamzo BS trying to do damage to our recruiting class, whaich has a large number of early enrolees.

Yesterday, recruiting together. Tomorrow interviewing for a new job. NICE.

Interviewing as a team?

step-brothers-clip-549678.jpg

as noted on Monday, now on al.com

So the bama media is picking up the anti-Auburn torch and running with it... no surprise there.

updyke.com is one of the marketing and recruiting tools for uat. They provide the torch and the flame.

It's hard to find a Kirby Smart who is willing to stick with a coach for years especially if the HC is not having great success...most of these coordinators want to be head coaches so it's difficult to expect stability

Archived