Staff Changes

fredst

I think that if Muschamp does leave, that this will be a decision that Malzahn will need to think about very carefully and quickly as his future is very much going to depend on how the Plainsmen perform and produce next season.

Gus's future is based on the performances of school's male student representatives?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

67-6Sa3z_bigger.jpg Bruce Feldman Verified account @BruceFeldmanCFB

#SouthCarolina is very intrigued by #OU OC Lincoln Riley. He's 32 but one of the sharpest minds in college football & mature beyond his yrs.

Barry Odom at Missouri is looking around. It's only a matter of time before Derek Mason gets fired, and Vandy's defense has been pretty alright this year. Jim Leavitt (former USF coach) is currently the DC at Colorado. Butch Davis is actively trying to get back into college coaching.

WDE!

Barry Odom at Missouri is looking around. It's only a matter of time before Derek Mason gets fired, and Vandy's defense has been pretty alright this year. Jim Leavitt (former USF coach) is currently the DC at Colorado. Butch Davis is actively trying to get back into college coaching.

WDE!

None of these have Auburn ties. I like it. Although the second isn't going to happen if this show kicks off this week.

Yesterday, recruiting together. Tomorrow interviewing for a new job. NICE.

According to a mainstream website quoting a non-mainstream website with unnamed insiders "close to the program".

we will see

WDE!

None of these have Auburn ties. I like it. Although the second isn't going to happen if this show kicks off this week.

Speaking of Auburn ties---and I am in no way recommending this---we could put together a pretty good staff of former Tigers. Clay Helton (HC), Craig (QB), Pat Washington (WR), Stacy Searels (OL), Jimmy Brumbaugh (DL), Kevin Greene (LB), Dell McGee (CB), Robinson (DB).

WDE!

The greatest need for AU is stability in its program. We've bounced from extreme highs to extreme lows. Insert your reason here: _________.

My preference is that Muschamp GO ! Anywhere ! Just don't be in AU for 2016. He chose AU as his second option to his unsuccessful attempt at the USCe job last year when UF fired him. He coaches well but he's just not in it for the long term at AU. We need stability.

AU needs solid coaches who want to be here for the long haul. Garner needs to be DC. Double his salary, give him the DC job and we will have made one of the best moves in a long time.

Let Lashlee go (it's coming, one way or the other), then promote Craig as the only OC. Double his salary. He's a long termer and he would make a great OC. Lashlee has not impressed me with his talent regardless of the player injury issues. Why did JJ perform with a passer rating superior to McCarron and Cam for two consistent seasons suddenly collapse when he took the helm ? I don't think it was fear.

WDE !!!

Hope we keep both T-Rob and Muschamp, but if we are going to lose one of them, I would rather lose Muschamp rather than T-Rob because we could name T-Rob the DC and keep him longer and provide (hopefully) more stability to our defensive players. If Muschamp stays, it is very likely he will not be here very long. With T-Rob, excellent chance of keeping him for the long term. A downside to my thinking is that Muscamp is a known commodity as a DC, T-Rob has never served as a DC. But I feel comfortable that he would be successful.

A downside to my thinking is that Muscamp is a known as a DC, T-Rob has never served as a DC. But I feel comfortable that he would be successful.

What makes you think he's ready?

I'm not saying he isn't. But should we be taking a chance on a first time DC?

The greatest need for AU is stability in its program. We've bounced from extreme highs to extreme lows. Insert your reason here: _________.

My preference is that Muschamp GO ! Anywhere ! Just don't be in AU for 2016. He chose AU as his second option to his unsuccessful attempt at the USCe job last year when UF fired him. He coaches well but he's just not in it for the long term at AU. We need stability.

AU needs solid coaches who want to be here for the long haul. Garner needs to be DC. Double his salary, give him the DC job and we will have made one of the best moves in a long time.

Let Lashlee go (it's coming, one way or the other), then promote Craig as the only OC. Double his salary. He's a long termer and he would make a great OC. Lashlee has not impressed me with his talent regardless of the player injury issues. Why did JJ perform with a passer rating superior to McCarron and Cam for two consistent seasons suddenly collapse when he took the helm ? I don't think it was fear.

WDE !!!

Perhaps I'm misreading, but I don't recall Muschamp lobbying for a USCjr job last year. They considered him for DC. Spurrier quitting/fired this midseason this year caught everyone off guard.

Don't want Garner to be DC.

If Will leaves, why not hire Tracy Rocker to be DC/DL coach. Then move Garner to coach tight ends/special teams and move Scott to help with PR.

Hey, ET!

:wavey:

Long time no see.

Interesting you'd suggest CRG as DC. Does he want that job? Do you not think TRob would be ready? He's gone unless we make him the DC, I would think -- either to Maryland with Durkin or to Carolina with Boom, if that happens.

Those were the rumors then and continue today as reported on different sports media.

Muschamp was offered $1.6- 1.8 million as the DC at one of America's prestigious football schools. It took him 2-3 weeks to accept a record-breaking salary offer. The reason given for taking his time ? He was on vacation. Please. He was shopping for a USCe opportunity. Apparently he still is.

WDE !!!

AUbritt, I have no idea if Garner wants the job. He's been a producer in the trenches at UGA and AU for a loooong time. When he made the move to be here he said it was for good. He's stable and an excellent coach. Has always impressed me as such. AU needs stability right now more than anything. Garner loves AU and I think he would do AU proud.

AUbritt, I have no idea if Garner wants the job. He's been a producer in the trenches at UGA and AU for a loooong time. When he made the move to be here he said it was for good. He's stable and an excellent coach. Has always impressed me as such. AU needs stability right now more than anything. Garner loves AU and I think he would do AU proud.

I also think stability is important. That's part of why I was thinking of TRob. He's almost definitely gone next season if we don't make him DC. (If someone else, including Muschamp, is DC, TRob will go to Maryland. If Muschamp leaves and we don't make TRob our DC, he'll either go to Maryland or USCe.)

I also think TRob would be here for a while, if we made him DC. He's also young. Plus, I think he's vital to our D recruiting.

You make a some really good points. But if Gus did that, we're short of of 1 defensive coach. We'd need someone to coach safeties.

You make a some really good points. But if Gus did that, we're short of of 1 defensive coach. We'd need someone to coach safeties.

We'd need one defensive coach, for sure. I bet TRob knows some guys.

Archived