Thompson

AuburnSpider

One thing I find funny is every DC that AU was rumored to want has crapped the bed in bowl games. Kelly defense just got ran all over by Houston, Gene Chizik's defense gave up a record number rushing yards and Tom Allen's defense had left a lot to be desired in their bowl game.

Yet, LT made the biggest splash and he was an afterthought to most on here.

KS's D looked great too. Shut down TT

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I find funny is every DC that AU was rumored to want has crapped the bed in bowl games. Kelly defense just got ran all over by Houston, Gene Chizik's defense gave up a record number rushing yards and Tom Allen's defense had left a lot to be desired in their bowl game.

Yeah, but he came out of left field. I am glad to have him on board. Don't see how people can be complaining quite honestly.

Yeah, but he came out of left field. I am glad to have him on board. Don't see how people can be complaining quite honestly.

I think it will prove to be a good hire.

Where in the name of the big guy upstairs, other than on this board was chizik rumored to be wanted by AU? Another board? Someone's blog who is never right?

Thompson needs to stay in Alabama 1 more year for some sort of pension I believe. Probably going to get raise, and has monster recruiting class coming in on D. He got just about all he wants in AU at the moment, IMHO

if true about pension he aint goin nowhere.

All this pension talk is strange....the man has left the State like 3 times in his caching career, was getting his pension really important?

Well, its that now he's really close to being vested in the state retirement system. Like 18 months.

And he's at an age one thinks of such things.

If tweets mean anything......

Lance Thompson@Coach_LThompson 3m3 minutes ago

A new day !!!! Celebrating at Billy's in Newport Beach. #Go Gamecocks!

Where in the name of the big guy upstairs, other than on this board was chizik rumored to be wanted by AU? Another board? Someone's blog who is never right?

You know what a rumor (Doubtful truth) is? A journalist, your sibling, a board member or a child on twitter can start a rumor. Go outside, buy yourself a coke and a smile and lighten up.

Well hopefully KS can keep the recruiting class in tact.

Ummm, yeah, lol. Garner too. I know they've had him in the mix with everyone possible knowing lt might leave.

You know what a rumor (Doubtful truth) is? A journalist, your sibling, a board member or a child on twitter can start a rumor. Go outside, buy yourself a coke and a smile and lighten up.

I'm not uptight. Just wondered why you would post that like we actually had interest in GC when there is no way in hades we did. Just sounded good? Lol.

I'm not uptight. Just wondered why you would post that like we actually had interest in GC when there is no way in hades we did. Just sounded good? Lol.

Yeah, LOL at Chizik being an option for AU!

Hence why I put rumored. It also was rumored we wanted Manny Diaz? Do you have absolute evidence that this is true besides a twitter link or a blog?

Hence why I put rumored. It also was rumored we wanted Manny Diaz? Do you have absolute evidence that this is true besides a twitter link or a blog?

Manny Diaz makes more sense even as a rumor, Chizik is just crazy talk of a rumor started on a message board most likely.

Manny Diaz makes more sense even as a rumor, Chizik is just crazy talk of a rumor started on a message board most likely.

I agree which is why I was being sarcastic at the people who downplayed LT, yet he is the only one who showed something. My comment was never meant to be taken seriously. More of satire at people's expense.

Damn. Basically a brand new def staff. Again. Our defensive players and recruits have to be shaking their heads.

Archived