Thompson

AuburnSpider

Of course I am not the coach, and If I were I am sure we would be in much worse shape than we are now. I am just thinking out loud sorry its roughing the feathers of some of the sunshine pumpers. I will stop now. Have a great day all. If CLT gets the Job then War Eagle, if he doesn't then War Eagle.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course I am not the coach, and If I were I am sure we would be in much worse shape than we are now. I am just thinking out loud sorry its roughing the feathers of some of the sunshine pumpers. I will stop now. Have a great day all. If CLT gets the Job then War Eagle, if he doesn't then War Eagle.

Deere lowered. :rolleyes:

It would be just awesome if folks like you could come to realize that not living a foot away from a cliff to jump off of doesn't automatically make one a sunshine pumper. No one here has declared LT the best option, the most awesome hire ever and the second coming of the Steel Curtain. Asking for some balance in your analysis is not akin to being Pollyanna or pumping sunshine.

Sheesh.

To be quite honest, after reading through this thread and the other DC thread, I'm astounded that some of you are able to make it through the day without offing yourself. Auburn will hire a DC, we will return to our winning ways, the sun will rise tomorrow and taxes will always be due. Get offline, enjoy your family and/or your vice of choice and relax

It would be just awesome if folks like you could come to realize that not living a foot away from a cliff to jump off of doesn't automatically make one a sunshine pumper. No one here has declared LT the best option, the most awesome hire ever and the second coming of the Steel Curtain. Asking for some balance in your analysis is not akin to being Pollyanna or pumping sunshine.

Sheesh.

People really are failing to comprehend your posts, as I feel you've repeated this post numerous times. Just make it your sig at this point.

I tell you what other than he coached for saban tell me why we should keep him other than he is all that is left Because that is all I am hearing so far.

I think you'd probably need to talk to someone that has seen him coach in person, such as Gus, Muschamp, TRob, Saban, Smart, etc. Outside of that, besides having coached in Saban's (and thus Muschamp's) schemes for several years now, I'd say you take into consideration things like continuity for the defensive personnel, recruiting, etc.

All I'm saying is, you (nor I) know enough to be making such definitive declarations.

Continuity, I will buy that one, if he runs that same defense, but we wouldn't know that until he took the job.

Actually we would. It's called the INTERVIEW. Do you not think coaches discuss what their philosophy is as it relates to the side of the ball they are discussing? Do you honestly believe any head coach would offer someone a DC or even OC job without knowing what they like to run on that side of the ball? Really??

LOL, you think asking someone gets you the true answer? Seriously

When you are Interviewing for a JOB, YES I do. Do you honestly believe when Malzahn interviews someone to be on his staff he doesn't ask him what his philosophy is on that side of the ball? And that coach doesn't actually answer him in that regard? Really? How clueless are you here?

By this can I guess that you've never honestly gotten any job in your life? You just lie about your qualifications, or lie about what you are going to do just to get hired? Good grief.

Sheesh.

People really are failing to comprehend your posts, as I feel you've repeated this post numerous times. Just make it your sig at this point.

:lol:

There are quite a few drive by posters out the last couple of days that clearly failed their reading comprehension course. I mean, there are 5th graders that could comprehend what is being said in this thread and yet we have (allegedly) adults here that can't seem to do this. unbelievable really.

Sheesh.

:lol:

There are quite a few drive by posters out the last couple of days that clearly failed their reading comprehension course. I mean, there are 5th graders that could comprehend what is being said in this thread and yet we have (allegedly) adults here that can't seem to do this. unbelievable really.

Been that way all year. Not just this thread. Sad really.

Deere lowered. :rolleyes:/>

Sheesh.

:lol:/>

How do we know they are adults?They may not be.

Sheesh.

Funny you posted this comment, since I sometimes read your name as 'kid 4 AU'.

Sorry to interrupt the outing of Titan as a sunshine-pumping liberal atheist.

Sheesh.

Funny you posted this comment, since I sometimes read your name as 'kid 4 AU'.

Sorry to interrupt the outing of Titan as a sunshine-pumping liberal atheist.

Your not the first to say that.Maybe I should change my name.

Was wondering why he hasn't been taken by CWM. Thinking maybe he's holding out in case we are unable to locate the DC we want. If so is he qualified for that next step.

CLT and his wife really love living and working in Auburn. CWM tried his best to get CLT to go to USCe with him. I know this to be a 100% fact.

Was wondering why he hasn't been taken by CWM. Thinking maybe he's holding out in case we are unable to locate the DC we want. If so is he qualified for that next step.

CLT and his wife really love living and working in Auburn. CWM tried his best to get CLT to go to USCe with him. I know this to be a 100% fact.

That is really good to hear, thanks for that info.

I'm one that would not be upset if CLT gets the DC job.How do you feel about him being the DC?

I think if Thompson was the guy they would've announced it. It wouldn't be a reason not to announce it if he was the guy

I'm one that would not be upset if CLT gets the DC job.How do you feel about him being the DC?

Would not hurt my feeling at all.

I think if Thompson was the guy they would've announced it. It wouldn't be a reason not to announce it if he was the guy

Agree....but either way, someone has to hire a couple more defensive coaches....to fill the vacant slots.

With our lack of success in the past with "name' coaches, I'm going to be OK with whatever gets decided....and wait to see the outcome before I gripe or cheer.

Your right, I think he would have already been announced if he was the one of the top choices.Just seeing what WDE thought if CLT was the fall back plan.Who knows at this point who is a candidate and who is not.Maybe the bowl game is a tryout for CLT to become the DC.

Sheesh.

I'd agree its nothing like the Muschamp coronation before it was known that he had the job. I seem to recall quite a few people who were seemingly right on the edge of that ledge if he wasn't offered the job and that performance paled in comparison to the posts about why Bobby Petrino should be the next HC when the committee was handling that hire. Talk about insanity...... there's plenty to go around in here!,

It doesn't hurt either that CLT needs 1 more year to get the Alabama state retirement pension.

It doesn't hurt either that CLT needs 1 more year to get the Alabama state retirement pension.

Good point.

I do not understand why Thompson keeps on getting mentioned as a possible DC. This would likely wind up getting Gus fired in a season or 2. Filling in as interim DC for the bowl game is one thing, but being promoted to DC is just not a wise move at all. Of course, keeping CLT as a position coach is a smart move for Gus.

We have seen many names for the DC position, and many of them would be an excellent choice. I am not sure what Gus is up to with filling this position. I would have thought that Gus would have already had a DC on board along with the position coach as well.

I am sure that Gus is trying to find the right persons for DC & defensive position coach. I do not think we will lose Rodney Garner & Lance Thompson. Gus could have Thompson promoted to associate DC & Linebacker Coach. Who knows at this point.

I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if that is a big part of the equation. While one does need 10 years to be vested, if a person worked in another state retirement system (or US military), they can "buy" that many years in the Alabama System when they come back which most people do by withdrawing/rolling over their out of state retirement contributions back into the Alabama System. If he needs another year, CLT could simply buy one based on his time worked in GA, TN, or LA retirement systems

I have a feeling Gus might still be trying to get Charles Kelly. What do y'all think?

Never say die.

Never surrender.

Archived