Thompson

AuburnSpider

Didn't it seem as D Craig had snubbed Auburn when Gus was trying to hire him, but all of a sudden once FSU season was over he was hired? If I recall correctly.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to see them bring in Randy Shannon. Lots of upside.

Appropriate response to a4e. I'd like to see us get Saban ad DC. Thoughts?

I thought they were gonna hire Wade Phillips from Denver, but Saban would work

If JJ doesn't hire Bill Cowher then he doesn't care anything about AU. John Gruden too, even though he's not a D guy.

If JJ doesn't hire Bill Cowher then he doesn't care anything about AU. John Gruden too, even though he's not a D guy.

Good to see that people are finally making some serious suggestions....by morning I expect to see a consensus on the leader....after all, it will be Monday and a regular work day.

Didn't it seem as D Craig had snubbed Auburn when Gus was trying to hire him, but all of a sudden once FSU season was over he was hired? If I recall correctly.

That is exactly what happened with CDC. Craig initially turned down the offer, if not two, and then accepted after season was over

I have a feeling Gus might still be trying to get Charles Kelly. What do y'all think?

Never say die.

Never surrender.

I prefer:

Ever to conquer, never to yield

• 2 weeks later...

CLT is not going anywhere. Once the DC is named of which I think it will be Steele, Gus can give CLT the title of Assoc. DC and a $100,000.00 raise and all will be fine folks.

Thompson needs to stay in Alabama 1 more year for some sort of pension I believe. Probably going to get raise, and has monster recruiting class coming in on D. He got just about all he wants in AU at the moment, IMHO

Thompson needs to stay in Alabama 1 more year for some sort of pension I believe. Probably going to get raise, and has monster recruiting class coming in on D. He got just about all he wants in AU at the moment, IMHO

if true about pension he aint goin nowhere.

After that showing in the Bowl Game he should definitely be more in control of the defense! Swarming, great coverage, etc.

Kevin Steele is in control of the defense. Hopefully we can keep LT though. He is a decent coach and good recruiter.

wde

After that showing in the Bowl Game he should definitely be more in control of the defense! Swarming, great coverage, etc.

First time I think we had a reasonable pass rush all year.....

All this pension talk is strange....the man has left the State like 3 times in his caching career, was getting his pension really important?

All this pension talk is strange....the man has left the State like 3 times in his caching career, was getting his pension really important?

Well, its that now he's really close to being vested in the state retirement system. Like 18 months.

One thing I find funny is every DC that AU was rumored to want has crapped the bed in bowl games. Kelly defense just got ran all over by Houston, Gene Chizik's defense gave up a record number rushing yards and Tom Allen's defense had left a lot to be desired in their bowl game.

Yet, LT made the biggest splash and he was an afterthought to most on here.

Well, its that now he's really close to being vested in the state retirement system. Like 18 months.

They said the pension played a factor in Steele's decision also.

Archived