Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Excellent song that, like much of his work, has been excellently covered by others (no idea who decided to hook this video to it).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Toto and this song has a few stories involving golf at Grenlefe resort. 

My geography lesson for the day.

Thanks,  and

I'll not inquire further

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Excellent song that, like much of his work, has been excellently covered by others (no idea who decided to hook this video to it).

The old Peter, Paul and Mary cover was (of course) 1st and foremost in my mind posting above but, upon further consideration, this one bubbled up in my memory as well. (thought even she won't clearly show me that guitar chord that's always eluded me)

Edited by AUld fAUx@
spelling
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Okay everyone get your tomatoes ready.............I recognize the talent and the fact there will only ever be ONE Pink Floyd and for that they have my utmost respect...However, I never could never find intrest in their style of music as a teen or an adult.

29 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Okay everyone get your tomatoes ready.............I recognize the talent and the fact there will only ever be ONE Pink Floyd and for that they have my utmost respect...However, I never could never find intrest in their style of music as a teen or an adult.

You know, I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone say that before amongst a group of people who have a general interest in rock'n'roll. I respect your stance. I don't agree, but I respect it. 

I think the closest I get to a contrarian point of view on a really popular rock'n'roll act is Oasis. I never got why they were such a big deal. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You know, I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone say that before amongst a group of people who have a general interest in rock'n'roll. I respect your stance. I don't agree, but I respect it. 

I think the closest I get to a contrarian point of view on a really popular rock'n'roll act is Oasis. I never got why they were such a big deal. 

Preach it I didnt like Oasis and cant say that I respected them.........seem to remember they didnt have much respect for themselves much less their fan base.........I consider Pink Floyd legends.....In my opinion their sound and style cant be duplicated.?

I grew up a Van Halen fan......First 4 albums........I knew Dave couldnt sing, especially live.......but when you attended a concert from 1980 to 1983 Dave was bringing the party?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Preach it I didnt like Oasis and cant say that I respected them.........seem to remember they didnt have much respect for themselves much less their fan base.........I consider Pink Floyd legends.....In my opinion their sound and style cant be duplicated.?

I grew up a Van Halen fan......First 4 albums........I knew Dave couldnt sing, especially live.......but when you attended a concert from 1980 to 1983 Dave was bringing the party?

Those early Van Halen albums might seriously have the best studio sound quality of anything ever produced. Just unreal. And the songs were great. One of the better bands this country has produced. Wish I could have seen them live in their prime.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Those early Van Halen albums might seriously have the best studio sound quality of anything ever produced. Just unreal. And the songs were great. One of the better bands this country has produced. Wish I could have seen them live in their prime.

You can catch a full concert from 83 I believe Devore, CA. on youtube with good SQ........When Eddie VH was having a good night and contributed to back ground vocals he and Michael Anthony were magical...........Stood about 6 people back just below Eddie and when Eddie would step up and sing back ground during remake No Good I could feel it through my chest.......pure beauty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was a big Van Halen fan as a teen. I don't hate it now but kinda grew out of it. I have always found in weird how they bounced back and forth between Dave and Sammy.....for decades.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alexava said:

I was a big Van Halen fan as a teen. I don't hate it now but kinda grew out of it. I have always found in weird how they bounced back and forth between Dave and Sammy.....for decades.

Van Hagar was an abomination. Except for one song, "Get Up". That song is bad ass. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Van Hagar was an abomination. Except for one song, "Get Up". That song is bad ass. 

Post of the day 10 out of 10 stars for accuracy........you could add "Summer Nights"?

2 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Post of the day 10 out of 10 stars for accuracy........you could add "Summer Nights"?

YES. Forgot about that one. 

I did like the video for one of their later songs because of the hot chicks in it. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

YES. Forgot about that one. 

I did like the video for one of their later songs because of the hot chicks in it. 

John 5 can be my kids version of EVH as they carry the torch into the future?

59 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

\m/

? I am oldish.........Is that hands in the air touchdown or mmm NO?

Like Peter Griffin said when he went in for his prostate exam " I'm still learning"

Edited by kevon67

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

? I am oldish.........Is that hands in the air touchdown or mmm NO?

Hahaha

Metal/devil hand. The outside slashes are your forefinger and pinkie and the m is your two inside fingers. Stock/lazy/AWESOME response to posts involving rock godness. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Hahaha

Metal/devil hand. The outside slashes are your forefinger and pinkie and the m is your two inside fingers. Stock/lazy/AWESOME response to posts involving rock godness. 

Lol I really am dumb as a box of rocks?

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

Lol I really am dumb as a box of rocks?

No way, man! Just old. >:)

Totally kidding, of course. Just means I spend way too much time on the internet. 

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No way, man! Just old. >:)

Totally kidding, of course. Just means I spend way too much time on the internet. 

? I even looked at the \m/ a good 30 seconds only to miss the obvious........the Metal Gods should force me to give up something DIO as punishment? ...........however, I will never back down on my stance of Ronnie James being the better Black Sabbath lead singer RIP

• Love 1