2017 5* WR Tee Higgins

ellitor

I'm glad he picked up an offer but I doubt he stays at a 5 star. He has very nice hands. But no way he runs a 4.6

He does not have to have elite speed to be a 5*. Remember many players are ranked on longterm pro upside not immediate impact. At 6'5 if he has good WR skills & descent speed it could be enough to keep him a 5*.

I think he looks great. Great hands and elite moves. I know this HS. I lived in Knoxville for 10 years early in my career. Oak Ridge was a long time football power in the state. As far as I remember, they have never had a 5* star athlete though. Good for them. Oak Ridge is a suburb of Knoxville. I bet Tennessee goes hard after him.

I'm glad he picked up an offer but I doubt he stays at a 5 star. He has very nice hands. But no way he runs a 4.6

He does not have to have elite speed to be a 5*. Remember many players are ranked on longterm pro upside not immediate impact. At 6'5 if he has good WR skills & descent speed it could be enough to keep him a 5*.

Also, I don't see how one could determine from that film that he doesn't have 4.6 speed. Guys that tall often look slower (think Matt Jones), and this kid was mostly out of the frame or waiting to high point under thrown balls in his highlights anyway. Maybe it shows up more in the 2nd half the of the video, which I didn't watch.

Either way, he looks really, really good.

6'5? hell yes, sign me up.

you experts think we will have a hard time this year with WRs after the stud-filled 16 class?

Not an expert, but I have to say it will all depend on how we use said stud WRs. If they under-perform, or don't get the chance to shine, then sadly, it will go down as a failed experiment and we'll be back to turning athletes into receivers.

I grew up in Oak Ridge and graduated from ORHS in the 80's. It truly lies in the shadow of Knoxville so unless he want's to "get out of town", he may be a hard one get. But who knows, with all the gov research labs there, a lot of the residents come from all over the country so maybe he has no attachment to TN.

Not sure how the ORHS football program has done since I left, but in the early 80's we were pretty good.

I grew up in Oak Ridge and graduated from ORHS in the 80's. It truly lies in the shadow of Knoxville so unless he want's to "get out of town", he may be a hard one get. But who knows, with all the gov research labs there, a lot of the residents come from all over the country so maybe he has no attachment to TN.

Not sure how the ORHS football program has done since I left, but in the early 80's we were pretty good.

They are not anywhere near as good as they used to be, esp in the late 70's.. They had a good year last year and they are pretty good again.

I'm not an American football corch, but nothing in that highlight film suggests to me he can't run a 4.6. Not only that, for 6'5" he can put some shifty move on and get by guys. On one INT he was in a foot race with a RB who was even with him until he got a stiff arm to the face.

A legit fade route threat and what appear to be good hands and an instinct to high point the ball? Yes please.

This kid reminds me of treadwell. He'd be a great compliment to the receivers we just signed.

My prediction is we will be looking for a tony stevens clone after this season. He won't be flashy but I believe he is going to make some huge catches for us this year.

Also, I don't see how one could determine from that film that he doesn't have 4.6 speed. Guys that tall often look slower (think Matt Jones), and this kid was mostly out of the frame or waiting to high point under thrown balls in his highlights anyway. Maybe it shows up more in the 2nd half the of the video, which I didn't watch.

stop reading my mind!!!!

stop reading my mind!!!!

But it's such a page turner!

Archived