JJ with first team O

Charhair

I feel like that's some of the bigger news that's come out since signing day

Of course it could mean absolutely nothing but I was wondering what everyone thought of JJ being the first QB to be publicly taking reps with the first team...

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I saw that the thoughts that came to my mind was:

1.JJ has gotten it together or he must have gotten some outside help.

2.Gus is trying to figure out early if he must take JJ out of the QB equation by giving him the first shot to hold the position or move to the back of the line.

3.Gus gave him the first shot just as the senior of the group.

4.White & Queen is not 100% healthy and Franklin is behind the curve on the offense right now.

5.NOTHING! just Gus being Gus

My .02

I certainly hope we have the good sense to pull the non-contact jerseys and see the QBs facing a true pass rush; however, people said the same stuff about Jason Campbell heading into his senior season. People booed in the first game when Campbell started, and they cheered when he was lifted for Brandon Cox to see mop up duty.

We have QB options. So long as we consider each of those options and force all of them to take live fire before picking a winner, I don't care who wins the job. Players can develop and overcome their deficiencies, and sometimes, they do it in spectacular fashion. I admit that I have seen nothing in Jeremy to give me confidence in his ability to do so, but I also admit that there is undeniable talent there.

Consider every option and don't foreclose those options based on the past.

There is nothing wrong with giving a senior a fair shot. You don't want to dwell on the past, live in the past, but you can learn from it. That goes for both Coach and player. I am a JJ fan for sure, but I am a fan of the next man up too. If JJ can get the job done then IMO he deserves the nod. If JF3 can take the spot from him...then so be it. I don't consider TQ or WB in the running quite yet. As for SW, I think he is a good player that has to find his niche in this style of offense. As a LSU or Bama type offense QB (I form, Ace back w TE's, etc...) I think he would be excellent with PA fakes and floods in the flats. Competition is good for everyone though

I really hope if JJ does win the job then people will save their complaints until/if he fails again. Folks need to realize there is a very real possibility he could win the job. And as others have said. It wouldn't be the first time a QB at AU struggled on to show out his senior year. Maybe the struggles last year woke JJ up and he's ready to play some football this year

I just really hope the coaching staff has figured out how they missed the evaluation so badly last year and are correcting that. I could care less who starts as long as the starter is proven the best QB option we got.

I don't know who else would start over half of what Jeremy was 2 years ago here. Maybe if Woody had some more years and JF3 had some more weight. Might as well go with JJ again and get his groove back like Stella.

Monty Adams was not with the defensive ones...do you all honestly think he won't start? This was just group work not based on an actual depth chart we'll see in the fall.

"i think i am going to be sick"

Yeah. Favre should have quit after his failure in Atlanta. Brady never should have thought about an NFL career since he couldn't even start at Michigan. Dieter Brock should have given up football after leaving Auburn.

We need more quitters. We need more guys who tell themselves they are no good and quit trying. We need coaches who encourage quitting.

People who don't give up make me sick. We should not delude them into thinking they will ever improve.

I think the only first teams that are set - for the moment - are the offensive line and CB. Looks like every other position is up for rotation.

JJ deserves to be with the one's right now. If he stays with the one's and no other QB gets to show what they bring to the party, then I will be disappointed. It will be a long spring and summer, time will tell.

JJ deserves to be with the one's right now. If he stays with the one's and no other QB gets to show what they bring to the party, then I will be disappointed. It will be a long spring and summer, time will tell.

Do what?

i think i am going to be sick

Roc was #1 at RB. Guess Gus wants to get fired.

We are only 4 practices in & only 2nd in pads. Way too early to read into anything IMO.

I wouldn't read too much into that at this point.

There's no room for sensible thinking on a message board, especially an AU message board.

i think i am going to be sick

Roc was #1 at RB. Guess Gus wants to get fired.

We are only 4 practices in & only 2nd in pads. Way too early to read into anything IMO.

My guy, who stayed longer than the beat writers, told me Roc & JJ got most of the reps with the #1's. You may be right but this is not a good sign at all IMO.

Do what?

JJ is a senior and deserves to be out there. As the spring continues, I would expect another QB will be getting most of the reps with the one's. I believe it's just too early to draw a conclusion at this time.

Do what?

JJ is a senior and deserves to be out there. As the spring continues, I would expect another QB will be getting most of the reps with the one's. I believe it's just too early to draw a conclusion at this time.

Just because JJ is a senior does not mean he deserves to be the #1 guy. JJ played his way out of the #1 spot lat year. And this tells me Gus still has not learned. And I'm told JJ looked like JJ looks in practice. Just OK. Threw a couple of picks.

Let's see JJ knows the Offense and is not recovering from an Injury. SW knows the Offense and is recovering from an Injury, JF3 is learning the Offense, Queen is limited in throws because of a surgery and the other QB is a walk-on. To me it seems logical at the beginning JJ is on 1st team. Does that mean he will stay there. I don't know and coaches don't know yet either. Also JJ has talent which some people have forgotten most of his issues were mental, indecisive, locking in on a receiver and throwing into coverage. If he can overcome those issues he could be one heck of a QB. I believe you will see contact on QB's during practice so we can see if he or any other QB is ready for prime time. If D-line is as good as we think we will see real pressure on QB's so could get a good read this year.

Archived