How do you think our 2016 will go? 9 wins seem plausible?

Auburn06

I can usually tell how a team will do for the year after 2-3 games but not before a game has even been played, especially when we don't know who the QB will be.

'

red- losses

green- wins

black- could go either way

Sep. 3 - Clemson

Sep. 10 - Arkansas State

Sep. 17 - Texas A&M

Sep. 24 - Louisiana State

Oct. 1 - Louisiana-Monroe

Oct. 8 - at Mississippi State

Oct. 22 - Arkansas

Oct. 29 - at Ole Miss

Nov. 5 - Vanderbilt

Nov. 12 - at Georgia

Nov. 19 - Alabama A&M

Nov. 26 - at Alabama

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll need quite a few players to step up to get 9+ wins. After thinking for a moment where we were solid last year I couldn't think of any positions outside of kickers that didn't need to improve substantially.

Several individuals played at a high level but as groups they all need to improve.

I'd put UGA in black as well. there are too many unknowns with a new coaching staff and freshman qb.

We SHOULD beat uga. We have more players with experience.

Usings Auburn06's format, I would move;

UGA from red to black, but

MSU, LSU, TA&m, and Ark from green to black

This gives us 4W's, 2L's, and 6 we better bring our "A" game

put bammer in black, they're one or two injuries away from dropping back to everyone else. they're beatable.

8-9 wins is what I am expecting.

Anything more would be great. If we get serviceable QB play, 9 wins is certainly doable.

Anything less than 8 wins means we are definitely heading in the wrong direction.

QB is out biggest unknown right now. Defense should be much, much better and the offense outside of QB, should be fair to good. With the right QB in place, we could be a very good offense and a very good defense.

Of course key injuries could derail a 9+ win season on either side of the ball.

put bammer in black, they're one or two injuries away from dropping back to everyone else. they're beatable.

Bama has lost a total of 5 SEC games in FIVE years and Auburn was one of the losses. An injury or two won't impact them too much when they have more experienced and talented depth waiting in the wings.

Am I the only one that would be happy with a 2 win season if we only beat Clemson and Bama? =)

Am I the only one that would be happy with a 2 win season if we only beat Clemson and Bama? =)

Yep, you the only one.

I can see us winning 7 games. I can also see us winning 9 if our question marks largely turn into +'s for us. I am not expecting to have the type of QB play that we will need to reach 10+ wins this season. JMO

I'd say we're the wildcard of the conference... again. That's really our MO. We are routinely the hardest team to predict in the SEC, and this year is no different. We have pieces in place to be very good, but we also have major question marks at key positions.

Plus, our schedule is a wheels-off-the-wagon OR balling-rolling-downhill type of schedule. If you tell me we start 5-0, I'll guarantee wins over MSU and Arkansas, leaving the Ole Miss/UGA/Bama games as the only question marks. For the better part of a decade, we've been a momentum team. When it's going poorly, we've had a hard time righting the ship (2007 was probably the last time we pulled that off). When it's going well, we've been hell to deal with... no matter who the coach has been.

All that to say, 9 wins is reasonable, but I'd say there are almost equal odds that we finish above or below reasonable.

So many unknowns it is hard to say. I believe we have a really good D-Line I want to see how the O-Line does against this D-Line. If O-Line holds their own my confidence goes up. If D-Line destroys them my confidence goes way down. What I am looking for is for D-line being better then O-Line but not dominant. If I get my wish then Record will be 7 to 11 wins. If O-Line gets schooled we could be in trouble.

The difference between 7 and 11 wins is QB play. If we have decent O-Line and QB is a game manager 7 wins the better the QB play the better chance of getting to 11 wins or more. I don't know why but I am drinking the cool-aid that thinks we will have at least a middle of the pack SEC D or better. I think we will actually get solid LB play this year. It is a feeling only not based on any inside knowledge. Last year I didn't trust LB before season or during season so I am not a sunshine pumper.

There are WAY to many variables to tell at this point. There was a pretty significant shake-up in the conference with Georgia and South Carolina changing coaches which makes Georgia a total unknown at this point. Ole Miss graduated a lot of key players and has the NCAA sniffing around which could affect them. LSU could very well be playing with a huge chip in their shoulder after Miles suffered his own version of jetgate. A&M is a mess, so no clue what they will bring. Mississippi State lost Dak, so I expect them to regress... but who knows. bama lost Kirby, so everyone will finally get to see how much of a difference he really made, if any. They are also back to square 1 on QB and lost several top players. Then you have us. We have 3 QBs who, under the right circumstances, could be great and under the wrong circumstances could be average or worse, our O-Line is reconfigured, and when it comes down to it, we're really counting on a group of true freshman under a first year coach to save us at wide receiver. We could win 15... but we could also win 7.

Maybe I'll be wrong and they won't miss a beat with Chad Kelly, but I think Ole Miss is a bit overrated. I think they take a minor step back--one fewer win, so not really much of one, but maybe disappointing for them given the expectations everyone is hoisting on them. Put it this way, if we can beat the Ags, I'll have hope of making it into the Hedges 7-2.

Haven't won in Athens since Cox to Aromashodu on 4th & 10.

Gus has his worst games in Sanford.

WOW that was a decade ago too...damn

On the positive side, we've never played Kirby in Sanford.

On the positive side, we've never played Kirby in Sanford.

That's a good point.

LSU is more of a threat than clemson imo. I have a lot of faith going into the clemson game just because they lost so much on defense.

At the moment....7-8 wins. Of course QB is a concern but the ability of the OL to gel quickly is more of a concern for me with replacing two tackles knowing we don't have an ideal QB situation. Hoping in early Fall we can lock down all starting spots with the OL. I want whoever our starters will be on the OL taking as many snaps together as possible.

I don't see Clemson taking that much of a dip down on defense. I've been seeing many state that and i understand it b/c they have lost a lot of talent the last two years but they also have recruited very good talent. I don't see them taking as big of a dip down as LSU defense did. I think they'll still be pretty strong on the DL. It's the CBs where their biggest questions are.

Archived